Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: If you increase pirate rep while they're raiding your colony, they become idle  (Read 878 times)

itchylol

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I increased pirate reputation from hostile to inhospitable while there was pirate activity going on in one of my star systems, and when I returned to the star system all the pirates were just wandering around. On the campaign screen when I mouse over the pirates it says they're raiding the star system but they're actually just wandering. They don't attack my colony or fleets, and my security fleets don't attack them. The penalty for pirate activity is still active on my colonies in the system even though the pirates are wandering instead of attacking.

UlyssesB

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Being friendly with pirates never prevents pirate activity, it just makes them stop actively sending raids after your colonies. They'll still attack other factions in your system. This is intended as far as I know.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 05:07:49 PM by UlyssesB »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

IIRC the logic for such scenarios in 0.9.1 was that the pirate fleets go home if all the prospective targets in the star system are no longer hostile.
(well at least Nexerelin raid fleets do that, and I'm moderately sure I didn't change that part of the logic)

Anyway that's what they should logically do, if they don't it should be changed.