Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Unintuitive skill interactions with fighters questions  (Read 1245 times)

silfidum

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Unintuitive skill interactions with fighters questions
« on: April 01, 2021, 12:16:02 PM »

I have a couple of question about new skills and how they interact with fighters. Nav rating seem to affect fighters. Flux regulation and weapon drills probably do as well since it's fleet wide? Or they are strict with the listed categories? Does derelict contingent damage reduction also work for fighters? Or they technically aren't piloted by officers nor have d-mods hence are not affected? Does strike commanders elite bonus (PD range increase) apply to fighters as well?

Demetrious

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Unintuitive skill interactions with fighters questions
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 02:11:42 PM »

I have a couple of question about new skills and how they interact with fighters. Nav rating seem to affect fighters. Flux regulation and weapon drills probably do as well since it's fleet wide? Or they are strict with the listed categories? Does derelict contingent damage reduction also work for fighters? Or they technically aren't piloted by officers nor have d-mods hence are not affected? Does strike commanders elite bonus (PD range increase) apply to fighters as well?

Bumping this with apologies because I am very interested to know if the Elite Point Defense skill can increase the range of Broadsword's machine guns by 100 units. That would be significant...

silfidum

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 01:35:02 PM »

Bumping this with apologies because I am very interested to know if the Elite Point Defense skill can increase the range of Broadsword's machine guns by 100 units. That would be significant...

It does not. Although you can make it work via modern carriers mod which adds avatar core hullmod that makes it so that fighter wings have the officers skills which also include elite skill effects.

With some mod shenanigans I've managed to achieve ~600-700 range vulcans on talons which is a tad silly.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 02:24:20 PM »

Almost nothing in skill tree apply to fighters in vanilla except for the ones specifically for fighters or explicitly stated to work on fighters such as point defense.

IIRC Nav rating does not affect fighter speed.

CR of the carrier is the other thing affecting fighter performance which is copied directly to the fighter when a fighter spawns, and why support doctrine is now a must pick if you’re rolling with carriers without mod.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2022, 02:27:26 PM by Sutopia »

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.