Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: At The Gates Finale Issue  (Read 2343 times)

Morgan Rue

• Commander
    • View Profile
At The Gates Finale Issue
« on: April 01, 2021, 12:03:43 PM »

After Kanta's, instead of going through the Gate, I just... transverse jumped out and went to Galatia normally. But apparently, I still went through the Gates according to the story.
Dauntless.

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: At The Gates Finale Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 12:48:13 PM »

You wouldn't happen to have a save game from before you finished the mission, would you? A note about the text-

Spoiler
I tried to very carefully write the conclusion so that you technically don't have to have actually gone through the Gate for everything to make sense, though narratively that's the "best" way for it to play out. The very first paragraph after returning to the Galatia Academy changes. There is a holo of your ship going through a Gate, but it's kinda implicit to be a visualization of what the Janus Device can do rather than an actual recording of what happened.

So...
  • In the case that you use the Gate, Baird says "We observed your $shipOrFleet come through the Gate."
  • In the case that you don't, she says "We've been hearing the strangest rumors over hypercomm"
If the latter happened, then it's working correctly. Though maybe it's too subtle?
[close]

fireelder

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 02:26:27 PM »

hi all
i too didnt go through the gate and just went to glantia to deliver her.
Now i have used the prototyp-gatekey in my inventory but cant to do anything with the gates.
Do i mayby get a skill for that ,which i skiped?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 02:32:08 PM »

Hi - this is fixed for the next build. In the meantime, if you run the game in devMode (by editing data/config/settings.json), you can interact with a gate and select "Turn ON gates active" - that should resolve the issue. Make sure to save and then exit out the game and turn off devMode afterwards.

bob888w

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 06:26:41 PM »

Along with the gate stuff, My yma gate is softlocked right now. I disengaged from the hegemony force guarding the gate during the previous "scan six gates" mission and now the gate just tells me there's a hegemony force nearby instead of letting me scan

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 06:27:55 PM »

Yep - apologies, also fixed in the next build!

FreeBubbles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2021, 12:24:15 PM »

The quest 'at the gates' is stuck on "go to the Magec gate", I've traveled through it, if I travel back - the same gate conversation options are there and the spawned pirates are still there, hunting me in the system.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2021, 02:09:25 PM »

Hi - sorry about the trouble!

Do you have the latest version of the game, -RC15? And is this vanilla or with mods?

If it's both vanilla and RC15 - could you possibly email me your save, so I can take a look at what's going on? fractalsoftworks [at] gmail [dot] com

FreeBubbles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2021, 10:27:36 AM »

rc15
It got fixed on its own once I've gotten back to galatia I think.