Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [0.95a] Objects Analysis 002  (Read 19929 times)

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Objects Analysis 002
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2022, 09:48:29 PM »

Sir, can you allow me to translate it into Chinese and update it to the Chinese Startsector Forum(https://fossic.org)?
I have tested this mod and it works fine on 0.95.1a-RC6.
Thank you very much.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2022, 12:10:00 PM »

Suggestion for this mod:

being able to click to enable or disable it.

I made a star system that has a TON of stuff, and if you put this mod in your quickbar the game slows down to 10fps :(

It would be great if I can enable it, check if there is stuff worth it, then disable it again for performance reasons, without having to add and remove it constantly from quickbar.

Princess_of_Evil

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2022, 06:50:35 AM »

Bugs found so far:
1) sometimes in a system with only one or two derelict ships it flickers like crazy
2) the mod's detection radius in hyperspace is so large it's straight up useless there
Proof that you don't need to know any languages to translate, you just need to care.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2022, 07:35:23 AM »

Bugs found so far:
2) the mod's detection radius in hyperspace is so large it's straight up useless there

The mod is not supposed to be used in hyperspace, it will just spoil you.

Vanilla expects hyperspace to be full of "secrets", like beacons and stuff to ambush you, you are not supposed to know what is going on there, for example vanilla disable other sensors in there.

The only mod I found so far t hat handles hyperspace brilliantly is Neutrino Detector MK2, that in hyperspace points you toward slipstreams.

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2022, 12:26:19 AM »

I know it's been a while, but I just want to say I love this mod and thanks for the work. It takes out a lot of tedium in checking systems with nothing in it without completely ruining exploring.

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2022, 08:32:42 AM »

The only mod I found so far t hat handles hyperspace brilliantly is Neutrino Detector MK2, that in hyperspace points you toward slipstreams.

That's because it copies the vanilla Neutrino Detector behavior ;) Vanilla is truly the best mod.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

nukularpower

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2022, 12:55:46 PM »

Just wanted to +1 this mod again, what a life saver

CMP01

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Objects Analysis 001
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2022, 11:57:15 PM »

What other ability mods are you using?

I have the following:

- Boggled Terraforming and Station Construction which adds the ability to build stations, 4 abilities added.
- Kenington's Capture Officers and Crew, adds an ability that lets you deal with your "prisoners". 1 ability added.
- Techpriest's Supply Forging, adds the ability to create supply from scrap metals. 1 ability added.
- Sundog's Fuel Siphoning, adds the ability to create fuel from supplies. 1 ability added.

Maybe there is a hard limit to the number of abilities?

Huh. If that is the case it explains a thing or two. I too have Boggle's TASC mod (thought the idea of colonising abandoned stations was especially neat) but of course couldn't figure it out nm the others you mentioned here sound good as well as the one this thread is for (cos I am tired of combing systems for nothing)

Anybody have any further info or workarounds for this nm how to place these in the ability bar? (I'm a dummy when it comes to messing with this stuff)

nukularpower

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2022, 11:13:56 AM »

@CMP01, not sure what you mean, but ctrl +2 or 3 or etc gives you extra ability bars (or the next/prev buttons on the UI)

@OP, slight bug, this does not detect the Automated Shipyard from IndEvo

THanks again

Rotok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2022, 01:58:46 PM »

Would it be possible to have an option to set everything not a planetary object as ??? (so still surprised by what it is, but still know there is something else in system).

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2022, 09:20:09 AM »

@CMP01, not sure what you mean, but ctrl +2 or 3 or etc gives you extra ability bars (or the next/prev buttons on the UI)

@OP, slight bug, this does not detect the Automated Shipyard from IndEvo

THanks again

Since the Shipyards are always visible, i don't think they should be added. The tooltip can get pretty crowded as is.

valdarkwall

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2022, 11:51:22 PM »

Just another thanks for this lifesaver mod.
Can't imagine playing without it.

Versil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2023, 08:33:13 AM »

I hope the author has not abandoned SC and will update this mod for version 0.96a

Sanrai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2023, 05:54:58 PM »

I hope the author has not abandoned SC and will update this mod for version 0.96a

Mod appears to function properly with just changing the version number. No conflict with .96 changes.

Versil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2023, 02:29:46 AM »

Mod appears to function properly with just changing the version number. No conflict with .96 changes.
Thanks for info. Awesome.
Pages: 1 [2] 3