Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.95a] Internal Affairs v1.1 - One-Mission Minimod  (Read 69537 times)

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
[0.95a] Internal Affairs v1.1 - One-Mission Minimod
« on: March 31, 2021, 11:48:23 AM »

Internal Affairs is a lightweight minimod that adds one new simple event found in Tri-Tachyon bars, that you can complete once per playthrough. You'll be tasked with tracking down a disgraced executive. Good hunting!

This mod was created using the new 0.95a method of creating quests and missions, and is primarily created as a proof-of-concept and an example for modders.
The source code is included and you're free to use it to better understand how to make your own campaign content. I've done my best to comment the mission's plugin thoroughly.

Click on the big banner above to download. This mod doesn't require any others. Should be save compatible.

Here's a screenshot:
Spoiler

[close]

Please report any issues you find. I have no intention of expanding further on this minimod.

Changelog
Spoiler
v1.1
- Version of accumulated bugfixes - rule ID bugs, quest-not-ending bugs, mission appearing from contacts, etc

v1.0
- Release
[close]
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 07:00:34 AM by Inventor Raccoon »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Internal Affairs v1.0 - One-Mission Minimod
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 12:16:04 PM »

Example mod for the new mission system! Fantastic!

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 12:34:38 PM »

This looks like it'll be useful. Thanks!

Flunky

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 02:33:54 PM »

I vaguely recall this being a bounty issue in general, but I had this magically complete about halfway to the first objective. Hopefully I didn't miss much juicy writing, at least?

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2021, 05:01:47 PM »

I vaguely recall this being a bounty issue in general, but I had this magically complete about halfway to the first objective. Hopefully I didn't miss much juicy writing, at least?
Oh, hmm, this might be an issue on my end. Uploaded a quick hotfix.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2021, 02:28:06 AM »

If you've uploaded a hotfix, can you change the version number please?

I can confirm you have indeed changed the jar file, but it was basically impossible to tell until I ran a comparison tool on the two to make sure I hadn't downloaded the wrong thing or the link was out of date or something :)

Yorith

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 05:57:57 PM »

There is a conflicting error with the Vanilla repeatable Bar Quest (Pirate Fleet Bounty) "Talk to the man haranguing the official about the increased pirate rads" disabling Internal Affairs makes the Mission work but the game crashes after a while.

The Error is (ERROR: no rule found for option psb_startBar, adding a failsafe option to exit dialog) attached two screenshots with and without the mod.

I guess it is not possible to just disable the Mod.

Spoiler
41497 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.bar.events.SpecBarEventCreator.getBarE ventTimeoutDuration(SpecBarEventCreator.java:58)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.bar.events.BarEventManager.advance(BarEventManager.java:212)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 09:21:30 PM by Yorith »

frozentoes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2021, 04:24:13 PM »

There is a conflicting error with the Vanilla repeatable Bar Quest (Pirate Fleet Bounty) "Talk to the man haranguing the official about the increased pirate rads" disabling Internal Affairs makes the Mission work but the game crashes after a while.

The Error is (ERROR: no rule found for option psb_startBar, adding a failsafe option to exit dialog) attached two screenshots with and without the mod.

I am also getting this error.

Further, the Internal Affairs mission shows up when asking contacts for missions. I don't like it because I have no idea how long it will take to complete, or how far the second stage will take me, which messes with my route planning when trying to optimize to farm rep with a contact.

I'm glad to see you doing proof of concept on these, and maybe figuring out how to avoid these errors and sharing will help the rest of us with later mods? :D

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2021, 09:47:45 AM »

I guess it is not possible to just disable the Mod.

Spoiler
41497 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.bar.events.SpecBarEventCreator.getBarE ventTimeoutDuration(SpecBarEventCreator.java:58)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.bar.events.BarEventManager.advance(BarEventManager.java:212)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Same issue... never realized that mission is supposed to be vanilla so I ignored the error.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2021, 06:59:11 AM »

Hi, released version 1.1 with a fix for this issue, apologies for any inconvenience.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Internal Affairs v1.1 - One-Mission Minimod
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2021, 04:51:19 AM »

It's nice to see mods starting to use the new 0.95 tools! I'll install this bad boy for my next campaign!
Questions:
1)Does the mission scale with the years/your fleet size to become harder as the game progresses?
2)Is the fleet handcrafted? How many Officered Paragons with 3 integrated Hullmods does it have?
3)Do you plan to (eventually) expand this minimod to include more missions (maybe even for more factions) or is this going to remain a proof-of-concept?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 04:58:11 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.