Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Adjustable Skill Thresholds 1.2.0  (Read 129169 times)

Minitialize

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Adjustable Skill Thresholds 1.2.0
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2022, 10:54:57 PM »

Thanks for the hardwork, will also be looking out for the update. Looking to change the makeshift equipment + containment procedures values, but until then, I suppose I can use this as it currently is.

Timtumm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2022, 06:54:37 AM »

I have a favor to ask. Can someone take each of these variables, and describe them in terms that a non-coder can understand? Please assume that we are not modders and just players.
Example:
variable_name: Right now the game soft-limits you to having 1 redacted ship by using this variable to severely limit the Combat Readiness. If you raise this variable, you can have more.

painapplez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2022, 04:58:46 PM »

Hey boss,

Would you mind adding:

private static final String INSTANT_TRANSFER_DP = "Neural_link_op_threshold";

NeuralLinkScript.INSTANT_TRANSFER_DP = getSettingsInt("Neural_link_op_threshold");

This allows one to edit Neural Link (thanks to Alex and Hiruma Kai) I believe.

Minitialize

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2022, 07:20:53 PM »

I have a favor to ask. Can someone take each of these variables, and describe them in terms that a non-coder can understand? Please assume that we are not modders and just players.
Example:
variable_name: Right now the game soft-limits you to having 1 redacted ship by using this variable to severely limit the Combat Readiness. If you raise this variable, you can have more.

• "carrier_group_fighter_uplink_fighter_bay_threshold": 8
// This falls under one of the carrier-related skills in the leadership branch. This grants your fleet's fighter wings bonus stats which diminishes the more fighter wings your fleet has collectively.

• "crew_training_flux_regulation_op_threshold": 240
// This falls under the technology branch, Flux Regulation. I believe the count towards the threshold only includes warships from a player's fleet. If you possess a number of warships in which the collective DP goes beyond the number (240 in this case), the bonus it provides diminishes (which is +10% flux cap. & dissipation iirc).

• "tactical_drills_op_threshold": 240
// This falls under the leadership branch, Tactical Drills. This grants your warships +5% bonus damage. If the total DP of your fleet's warships exceed the number (240 by default), the bonus diminshes.

• "containment_procedures_field_repairs_op_threshold": 240
// This falls under the industry branch, containment procedures. Provides -50% crew lost stat modifier when suffering hull breaches. If the total DP of your fleet exceeds the number, the bonus diminishes.

• "phase_coil_tuning_op_threshold": 40
// This falls under the technology branch, Phase coil tuning. Counts only the phase ships in your fleet. Changing the values allows your phase ships to gain higher bonuses from this skill (I can't recall off the top of my head, apologies).

• "automated_ships_op_threshold": 120
// This falls under the technology branch, Automated ships. The higher the threshold, the more AI ships you can field without them suffering from lowered combat readiness.

• "bulk_transport_cargo_threshold": 2000,
  • "bulk_transport_fuel_threshold": 2000, 
  • "bulk_transport_personnel_threshold": 5000
// These three all fall under the same skill in the Industry branch, Bulk Transport. Grants your fleet bonus (+50%) cargo/fuel/personnel depending on your fleet's total cargo, fuel and personnel respectively. If your fleet's total values for each threshold is exceeded, the bonus stat modifiers you get diminishes.

• "derelict_operations_percentage_per_d_mod": 6
// Falls under the industry branch, Derelict Operations. Reduces the deployment points of your ships with D-mods (6% per D-mod). The higher the value, the higher the reduction for deployment.

MarsInvicta

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2022, 12:01:05 PM »

Hello, is it possible to separate crew training from flux regulation?

LeoSCfan

• Ensign
  • I have no idea what am I doing
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2022, 10:25:01 PM »

Hi! Would you kindly add the tactical drill +50% raid efectiveness to edit?, the other 5% damage from all ships is nice but gets diluted pretty quickly, could be used for roleplay purposes, and to lower your marines atrition rate
edit: also the marine casualty rate
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 10:35:20 PM by LeoSCfan »
I have no idea what am I doing

strofkocz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2022, 09:05:55 PM »

Hate to be a pain, is there anyway to add makeshift supplies to the list? or can anyone give me a guidance on how i might make the change myself? I've tried messing around with the code but it has been a decade since i last touched modding and im pretty lost.

Thanks.

Adrian_M

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2022, 01:00:59 AM »

Hey,

By any chance, do you think Neural Link can be modified to support more than 2 ships ? I keep looking into NerualInterface.java, NerualLink.java and NerualLinkScript.java and I can't seem to identify where that limit is set...

I'm thinking a play-through with 4 Wunder Wanzer Virtuous skirmishers (diable avionics modular mecs) and having a working neural interface for all of them would be awesome (having them each with different load-outs) :D

Cheers

Donahue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2022, 01:32:49 PM »

Does this works with old save? I added the mod mid-way but doesn't see any changes to the numbers after having edited them in the settings.json.  I only see new changes in a new save/ fresh character.

Mech

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2022, 09:00:53 PM »

I can't get this to work with an old save. How would i make it apply to it?

Mech

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2022, 08:33:01 PM »

Hey i can't get this mod working with nexerelin is there a conflict?

supremequesopizza

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2022, 10:19:30 PM »

Hey,

By any chance, do you think Neural Link can be modified to support more than 2 ships ? I keep looking into NerualInterface.java, NerualLink.java and NerualLinkScript.java and I can't seem to identify where that limit is set...

I'm thinking a play-through with 4 Wunder Wanzer Virtuous skirmishers (diable avionics modular mecs) and having a working neural interface for all of them would be awesome (having them each with different load-outs) :D

Cheers
It's not a limit, in the mechanics of the skill it says it looks for the first ship in the list deployed and will swap to that.
It's a consequence of the toggle nature of the script vs scrolling.

Hyperkayak

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2023, 02:10:13 PM »

Do you like BIG fleets?
I know I do.
Any chance this can be extended to the fuel-efficiency and supply usage thresholds of the industry skills (makeshift equipment and containment procedures)? Seeing these skill only helping out in single digit percents can be so disheartening :)

mllhild

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2023, 10:37:19 AM »

oh thanks now I can finally have my skills actually be usefull with anything beyond a starting fleet. The base game version really doesnt scale properly to 1000 DP battles.
to be done some day... XD

MorganOrgan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2023, 01:25:39 AM »

Would it be possible to change those skill values from command console level?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5