Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Adjustable Skill Thresholds 1.2.0  (Read 129115 times)

nocluewhatimdoing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Adjustable Skill Thresholds 1.0.0
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2021, 05:52:43 AM »

What do I change the values to so I essentially remove these thresholds, same for what isn't listed?

Luciferos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2021, 12:36:14 AM »

Is it possible to add support for adjusting the peak bonus as well as the threshold point?  I generally don't care much for the threshold systems at all, but completely removing them from certain skills with no other changes would have... interesting implications.  (Auxiliary Support)

Seconding this - my reaction to Auxiliary Support is that this skill would function and balance much, MUCH better if it was balanced on a per-ship basis, perhaps with the multipliers tweaked down a bit. However, being able to adjust both the DP scaling cap and the multipliers to prevent very stupid things happening with Ventures and the like would be a good runner-up and probably a vastly simpler code hack

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2021, 06:36:47 AM »

okay so lemme get this straight,

in the base game some skills loose effectiveness as the total DP value of your fleet goes up

so I'm GUESSING that by setting thoses impossibly high the skills never lose effectiveness ?

or am I supposed to do the opposite ?

Kadatherion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2021, 10:38:50 AM »

okay so lemme get this straight,

in the base game some skills loose effectiveness as the total DP value of your fleet goes up

so I'm GUESSING that by setting thoses impossibly high the skills never lose effectiveness ?

or am I supposed to do the opposite ?

Yes, it's pretty straightforward: if you want to always benefit from the full extent of the skills, just set the DP threshold here to a value your fleet won't ever reach (a few thousands will be more than enough even if you were to run with dozens of capitals). Just be aware that's gonna be EXTREMELY OP though, as most of these skills are very powerful and the more ships they apply to at full efficacy the more your fleet will curbstomp everything (or cost much less logistics than expected), but that's pretty much the idea we're here for, so have fun  ;)

As for me, I just raised the values to about 2/3x compared to vanilla, so that they work at 100% as long as I'm still running with a reasonable fleet with nothing bigger than cruisers, and the decay begins when I progressively put capitals in the mix too: feels like a more balanced - and interesting - tradeoff to me.

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2021, 07:48:42 AM »

I just want to echo the previous requests to allow tweaks to all threshold values in the skills branch.

cman0014

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2021, 03:55:32 PM »

I just want to echo the previous requests to allow tweaks to all threshold values in the skills branch.

I have a pull request to add Bulk Transport threshold, but here it is in the meantime.

stormbringer951

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2021, 11:43:58 AM »

Version 1.1.0
Download

Changelog:
- Added support for Bulk Transport (pull req by cman0014)
- Updated default values (thanks to Satirical)

I have a pull request to add Bulk Transport threshold, but here it is in the meantime.

Saw the pull request, realized it's been like 7 months since the last release :-[. Thanks, merged those changes.

This is almost exactly what I was looking for. Any chance there is a means of tweaking the "Special Modifications" skill to change the number of "Built-In" Hullmods permitted?
hey, could this have a version for the supply consumption treshold for makeshift equipment please?
Seconding this - my reaction to Auxiliary Support is that this skill would function and balance much, MUCH better if it was balanced on a per-ship basis, perhaps with the multipliers tweaked down a bit. However, being able to adjust both the DP scaling cap and the multipliers to prevent very stupid things happening with Ventures and the like would be a good runner-up and probably a vastly simpler code hack

I'll have a look at all these requests in this thread and put out another release with a bunch of the other params.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 12:35:27 PM by stormbringer951 »
Weapons Group Controls mod - deselect all weapon groups, hold-down hold-fire mode, toggle alternating/linked fire
Captain's Log - throw away your notepad: custom notes, ruins and salvageable reminders
Old Hyperion - for your dose of nostalgia
Adjustable Skill Thresholds - set fleet DP and fighter bay thresholds

Kobura

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Adjustable Skill Thresholds 1.1.0
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2021, 07:23:25 AM »

Bless you.

Xzaven

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2021, 03:41:53 PM »

Hey, thanks so much for this mod! Finally I can have the skills fall off only in the late game, not in mid game already.

hey, could this have a version for the supply consumption treshold for makeshift equipment please?

Can you add an option for the treshold of fuel consumption from containment procedures too please?

EWarren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2021, 10:46:55 PM »

Great mod. Confirmed to be working as of 0.95.1a-RC5.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2021, 09:36:17 AM »

@stormbringer951
This mod needs to be revised for 0.95.1a-RC5
Code
{
  "carrier_group_fighter_uplink_fighter_bay_threshold": 8,
  "crew_training_flux_regulation_op_threshold": 240,
>  "weapon_drills_op_threshold": 120, < Using an old value, current is 240
  "containment_procedures_field_repairs_op_threshold": 60,
>>  "auxiliary_support_op_threshold":5, << No longer a skill
>  "phase_corps_op_threshold": 30, < Using an old value, current is 40
>  "automated_ships_op_threshold": 30, < Using an old value, current is 120
  "bulk_transport_cargo_threshold": 2000,
  "bulk_transport_fuel_threshold": 2000,
  "bulk_transport_personnel_threshold": 5000
}
Field Repairs was added, threshold is 240
Containment Procedures has an added threshold of 240
On a side note, players would probably like to change the Derelict Operations 6% to their liking.

Zeppelin17

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2021, 10:33:09 AM »

How do I install this???
I downloaded the .zip, but it decompresses it in a .cpgz file

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2021, 11:25:15 AM »

How do I install this???
I downloaded the .zip, but it decompresses it in a .cpgz file
Did you download it via the button on the first page? Which extraction software did you use? I get a normal extracted mod when I used WinRAR and downloaded it through the front page download button
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

stormbringer951

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2022, 03:22:57 PM »

Version 1.2.0
Download

Changelog:
- Updated skills compatibility and default starting numbers for 0.95.1a, and added support for configuring Derelict Operations DP discount % (pull req by cmp831)

Will probably get around to refactoring the mod and letting you edit all the numbers in a day or two.
Weapons Group Controls mod - deselect all weapon groups, hold-down hold-fire mode, toggle alternating/linked fire
Captain's Log - throw away your notepad: custom notes, ruins and salvageable reminders
Old Hyperion - for your dose of nostalgia
Adjustable Skill Thresholds - set fleet DP and fighter bay thresholds

Lethargic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Adjustable Skill Thresholds 1.2.0
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2022, 10:56:45 PM »

Version 1.2.0
Download

Changelog:
- Updated skills compatibility and default starting numbers for 0.95.1a, and added support for configuring Derelict Operations DP discount % (pull req by cmp831)

Will probably get around to refactoring the mod and letting you edit all the numbers in a day or two.

Thank you for this mod. I'll wait the full release so player can edit everything
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5