Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Adjustable Skill Thresholds 1.2.0  (Read 129124 times)

stormbringer951

• Commander
    • View Profile
[0.95.1a] Adjustable Skill Thresholds 1.2.0
« on: March 31, 2021, 07:02:19 AM »

Download
Version Checker compatible

Features:
  • Lets the player edit all the fighter bay, DP and cargo-related skill thresholds

Code
{
  "carrier_group_fighter_uplink_fighter_bay_threshold": 8,
  "crew_training_flux_regulation_op_threshold": 240,
  "tactical_drills_op_threshold": 240,
  "containment_procedures_field_repairs_op_threshold": 240,
  "phase_coil_tuning_op_threshold": 40,
  "automated_ships_op_threshold": 120,
  "bulk_transport_cargo_threshold": 2000,
  "bulk_transport_fuel_threshold": 2000,
  "bulk_transport_personnel_threshold": 5000,
  "derelict_operations_percentage_per_d_mod": 6
}

These are all set to vanilla values, edit them however you like in AdjustableSkillThresholds\data\config\settings.json (or in your own settings.json file or settings.json mod).

Changelog:
1.2.0 - 2022-01-02
- Updated skills compatibility and default starting numbers for 0.95.1a, and added support for configuring Derelict Operations DP discount % (pull req by cmp831)

1.1.0 - 2021-10-12
- Added support for Bulk Transport (thanks to cman0014)
- Updated default values in json (thanks to Satirical)

1.1.0 - 2021-10-12
- Initial release
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 03:29:39 PM by stormbringer951 »
Weapons Group Controls mod - deselect all weapon groups, hold-down hold-fire mode, toggle alternating/linked fire
Captain's Log - throw away your notepad: custom notes, ruins and salvageable reminders
Old Hyperion - for your dose of nostalgia
Adjustable Skill Thresholds - set fleet DP and fighter bay thresholds

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Adjustable Skill Thresholds 1.0.0
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 08:08:20 AM »

Thank you, I'm looking forward to erasing a lot of these, but most especially the AI ships one.

rockguy434

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 12:37:23 PM »

Im confused. This edits the skill tree or ordnance points of different hulls, fighters and weapons?

sector_terror

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 01:08:04 PM »

Download
Version Checker compatible

Features:
  • Lets the player edit all the fighter bay and DP-related skill thresholds

Code
{
  "carrier_group_fighter_uplink_fighter_bay_threshold": 6,
  "crew_training_flux_regulation_op_threshold": 180,
  "weapon_drills_op_threshold": 90,
  "containment_procedures_field_repairs_op_threshold": 60,
  "auxiliary_support_op_threshold":5,
  "phase_corps_op_threshold": 30,
  "automated_ships_op_threshold": 30
}

These are all set to vanilla values, edit them however you like in AdjustableSkillThresholds\data\config\settings.json (or in your own settings.json file or settings.json mod).

Oh thank god, I have been looking into doing this myself for the last few days. thank you for much.

Morzord

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 01:27:10 PM »

Im confused. This edits the skill tree or ordnance points of different hulls, fighters and weapons?

Same I'm confused as well as to what this mod does. I haven't yet played the update though so I'm guessing its's related to that. Just sorting out my mod list for the update.

stormbringer951

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 01:39:18 PM »

Same I'm confused as well as to what this mod does. I haven't yet played the update though so I'm guessing its's related to that. Just sorting out my mod list for the update.

It edits the skill tree. There are a number of skills where you only get the maximum benefit of the skill when you're under X DP limit/fighter bay limit. This mod externalizes those variables into settings so you can change those thresholds.

I actually miswrote the names in the settings file (it should say dp, not op, but I'll change that in a future update).
Weapons Group Controls mod - deselect all weapon groups, hold-down hold-fire mode, toggle alternating/linked fire
Captain's Log - throw away your notepad: custom notes, ruins and salvageable reminders

Golde

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 03:22:52 PM »

This mod is doing god's work.

Vanilla values are for literal ***.

to deploy 200/200 when npcs are rolling 20 cruiser / cap endgame fleets with limitless officers you'll be getting +1% damage and +3% cr with the default values.

If you try to maximize bonus at 180fp, you're literally ***.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 03:36:32 PM by Golde »

dostillevi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 04:39:06 PM »

So.. anyone have recommended settings for Vanilla CR battles?

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2021, 08:50:09 PM »

Is it possible to add support for adjusting the peak bonus as well as the threshold point?  I generally don't care much for the threshold systems at all, but completely removing them from certain skills with no other changes would have... interesting implications.  (Auxiliary Support)

sector_terror

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2021, 09:12:18 PM »

I should note that, when using this, any numbers that were high enough made claims to have problems with my RAM and vRAM being too low, despite this being the only mod I ran. No idea why but, there you go

Balefries

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2021, 12:46:36 AM »

I should note that, when using this, any numbers that were high enough made claims to have problems with my RAM and vRAM being too low, despite this being the only mod I ran. No idea why but, there you go
Having the same notifications, except I'm running all of the faction mods available at this time except for the Kingdom of Terra and the Star Federation mod, with Adjusted Sector to boot. Have 8gb RAM and allocated 4gb, but still have the warning that it's too low.

Morzord

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2021, 07:37:00 AM »

It edits the skill tree. There are a number of skills where you only get the maximum benefit of the skill when you're under X DP limit/fighter bay limit. This mod externalizes those variables into settings so you can change those thresholds.

I actually miswrote the names in the settings file (it should say dp, not op, but I'll change that in a future update).

Having played the new version now I understand what this mod does now, Thanks for your explanation.
I kinda want to just get rid of all of these the way it is in vanilla makes me not want to get these skills at all.

Foffy123

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2021, 12:46:21 AM »

Firstly, thanks a lot for the mod, it really makes these skills a lot more palatable.

I know the mod description mentions only "fighter bay and DP-related thresholds", so is it possible that you could give a hint on where in the files one would edit the thresholds for Bulk Transport manually? I'm experienced with modding, but not with Starsector specifically.

stormbringer951

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2021, 07:51:56 AM »

Firstly, thanks a lot for the mod, it really makes these skills a lot more palatable.

I know the mod description mentions only "fighter bay and DP-related thresholds", so is it possible that you could give a hint on where in the files one would edit the thresholds for Bulk Transport manually? I'm experienced with modding, but not with Starsector specifically.

Ah, I'm adding the others, the mod description just mentions fighter bay and DP-related thresholds because those are the ones I got around to first and are currently in the downloadable mod. Several people have asked me about bulk transport  :P

To answer your actual question: most of the skill effect numbers thresholds are public variables defined in the skill classes in com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.skills - so you just need to change the associated variable for each thing.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 07:56:53 AM by stormbringer951 »

Value86

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2021, 01:21:13 PM »

stormbringer951
Could you please add all the skills theshold??? Seems  I cant fiond them. Sorry, Im not a programmer, so I dont even know how java works.
Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5