Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Strange interaction when mounting fighters in a main menu mission  (Read 390 times)

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile

(Throwing this in modded bugs since it will never occur in vanilla, but I don't think it's something that's resolvable via mods.)

Not sure if I am able to explain this properly, but here goes:
Whether or not a wing can be placed in a bay is determined and locked-in the first time you try to install an LPC.

If you add an autofit (e.g. <fighter/bomber/interceptor><#>) tag to an LPC prior to attempting to install it, that LPC will always be placeable in the mission loadout screen (barring it having the "restricted" tag), for all missions, (assuming you don't restart the game), even if the tag is removed later.

Conversely, if you try to install an LPC before adding an autofit tag, the LPC will never be placeable in the mission screen (again, within the same game instance), even if an autofit tag is added later.

This, however, does not apply to the "restricted" tag, and you can show/hide regular LPCs at will by adding/removing that tag.

So I guess the bug is that the game only checks which fighters can show up in the refit screen the first time you click on a fighter bay.

(I just wanna fiddle around with the [REDACTED]^2 fighters in mission :p)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Strange interaction when mounting fighters in a main menu mission
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 05:24:55 PM »

Ah - let me add public void resetAutofitPriorityCategories() to FighterWingSpecAPI. There's some caching going on there - otherwise performance is not viable. I've also made the addTag() method clear out the cached list.

RustyCabbage

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 06:09:07 PM »

Thanks a bunch, Alex!

(And I'm still messing around too much to get around to writing a proper feedback/impressions post, but 0.95a has been a ton of fun; great update!)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 06:27:41 PM »

(Thank you!)