Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Relaxed Logistics.  (Read 11155 times)

Mitroll

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Relaxed Logistics.
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2019, 11:14:24 AM »

If it could be added as a mod, I'd install that in a heartbeat. It sounds like a lot of work though, since the bots will need to become "aware" of their fuel and supplies, or else we're going to be getting a whole lot more distress signals.
Well lets say, hypothetically, all those fleets in your current starsector session, suddenly become aware of their fuel and supply needs ... what would change ?

Well they wouldn't have the ability to send 6 fleets, each containing 12 battlecruisers, 12 cruisers, and 16 other ships, all the way across the sector at me, without bankrupting themselves 10 times over. (As it is, they just bankrupt me by making me fly back and forth all the time)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 11:16:05 AM by Mitroll »

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2019, 11:36:06 AM »

If it could be added as a mod, I'd install that in a heartbeat. It sounds like a lot of work though, since the bots will need to become "aware" of their fuel and supplies, or else we're going to be getting a whole lot more distress signals.
Well lets say, hypothetically, all those fleets in your current starsector session, suddenly become aware of their fuel and supply needs ... what would change ?

Well they wouldn't have the ability to send 6 fleets, each containing 12 battlecruisers, 12 cruisers, and 16 other ships, all the way across the sector at me, without bankrupting themselves 10 times over. (As it is, they just bankrupt me by making me fly back and forth all the time)
That's not rly a fleets being self aware issue but a balance and strategy issue, those will change with upcoming updates. Generally once you understand the game a bit better you will see that those 6 fleets aren't anything special. Right now they are there to keep you from making early mistakes and to keep the late game from becoming to boring.
Get yourself nexerelin if you don't have it already it has some options as does settings.json that can stop those invasions from occurring or at least make them rarer
"The early worm catcheth the bird."

CommandoDude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2019, 01:51:45 PM »

Honestly it wouldn't take that much effort (relative) to implement this but, it being terrible for performance is an understatement. 
Currently, in starsector, if you take a look at fleet compositions you can see that even the smallest fleets employ supply ships like freighters and tankers and that's pretty much starsectors way of handling that issue.

As an alternative suggestion.

Instead of having the AI track in real time its supply need/usage. What if AI fleets had to periodically dock, and when docking, they subtracted a value of goods from the local market equal to what they would've used as a player?

Would that simplify the performance needs?

Innominandum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2019, 10:20:05 AM »

Honestly it wouldn't take that much effort (relative) to implement this but, it being terrible for performance is an understatement. 
Currently, in starsector, if you take a look at fleet compositions you can see that even the smallest fleets employ supply ships like freighters and tankers and that's pretty much starsectors way of handling that issue.

As an alternative suggestion.

Instead of having the AI track in real time its supply need/usage. What if AI fleets had to periodically dock, and when docking, they subtracted a value of goods from the local market equal to what they would've used as a player?

Would that simplify the performance needs?
Wouldn't be suitable for the current iteration of the economics system, it has bare-bone functionality issues. As for future updates i really can't imagine that this issue, if it will even represent an issue then, wouldn't be taken care of. In general the easiest way would be to charge the faction a flat-out stiff fee in maintenance supply's and fuel determined by the fleet type, as for max reach in lightyears cause of fuel issue, a lot of ways to implement that, though no point in speculating right now ... Don't count this coming any kind soon cause i doubt alex will priorities smthing like this over other functionalities. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 10:23:24 AM by Hastur »
"The early worm catcheth the bird."

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2019, 07:08:08 PM »

You can do that with a simple setting.ini edit. Look for:

"maxLogisticsHullmods":2

Then change the number to whatever you want.

Ohh, thank you! Finally I can have fun testing ships I find again and be comfortable with default ships in my fleet.
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2019, 07:12:10 AM »

Is there a way to edit the mod to put Solar Shielding back in the "Logistics mods" category? I'm all for decreased OP costs on logistics hullmods, but this particular alteration doesn't click with me. The whole idea of having it categorized as a logistics mod, is so you couldn't refit it in the middle of nowhere if you're about to engage pirates or remnants, and removing that category messes that up.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 07:13:48 AM by xucthclu »

Jabroni Pepperoni

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2021, 07:37:00 PM »

Any chance of a revival on this mod? Loved this mod when playing
Pages: 1 [2]