Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [HYPER-REDACTED] battle strats?  (Read 13920 times)

Vu1pes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[HYPER-REDACTED] battle strats?
« on: March 30, 2021, 09:13:07 AM »

First off, yes - my fleet doctrine is garbage. I never got used to pilot controls, so my main strategy thus far has been to sit in a Prometheus or Colossus, smuggling heroin and running away until I could put an officer in the biggest capital I can buy, then merking pirates and pathers on a TriTach commission until they sell me Paragons, after which point... Well, there weren't any story missions, so I usually just stopped there until now.

I tried it again in the new update, and it still works about as expected. Managed to snag an Alpha Radiant and now I'm even more of a steamroller (in most of the sector), but I've hit a snag. I happened upon a coronal hypershunt in my travels, and those tesseracts are no joke. Actually, they made me look like one. My best idea right now is to find/steal a Doom blueprint (or just buy them - Chalcedon pays big bucks for heavy armaments) and dogpile them with phase mines, or do that thing with ~70 drovers and Xyphos I saw another guy farming cores with, but if there's a better option I'll hear it.

Dex

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [HYPER-REDACTED] battle strats?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 10:28:08 AM »

My fleet was:

Two Paragon (one died)
Two Heron (both died)
Special story unlockable ship
Two Drover
Three Tempest
A medusa and a Falcon P

As things died the next in the list came on and from what i can tell the special story ship was MVP.

Now i just gotta find a way to get 9 transplutonics...

Lucky33

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 11:28:07 AM »

I think that the most generic strat to deal with The New Staff is to throw in some Derelict Contingent of fully d-moded Moras w. drone fighters while you are poking The New Stuff with whatever sticks you have.

Golde

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 12:05:55 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

Zaizai

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 05:28:22 PM »

They are weak to ion damage, very easy to disable. You can get a hyperion with 3 ion pulser, blink behind and blast away, it completely shuts it off. Problem comes later. 
the way i managed to defeat it was using the secret story ship plus an all laser paragon, and a monitor. yes, a monitor. 
I kept at bay 1 of the 2 with the monitor and let the rest of the fleet deal with that one. Once it started splitting, i summoned some frigates (tempests and hyperions), to go around them and shoot them in the back, all while i kept the other one far away from the fleet. 
Once everything was done, The fleet took care of the one i was keeping away. 
In the end, i lost 3 tempests and a hyperion, secret ship was 1/4 hp, paragon still full hp, as with the star, the monitor

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 10:48:45 PM »

Am I the only one who had trouble with the fighters? I took care of the 1st phase no problem, but the endless fighters killed my fleet with a million cuts.....

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 10:57:13 PM »

I've found legion fleet full of longbows and squalls to work fairly well. Massed sabots can instantly overload the bigger phases, and the squall pressure keeps them from diving the carriers. Longbows also have burst lasers and shields, and can help whittle down the fighters. Drovers with sparks and claws help put pressure on and ion stunlock the fighters. Shades/Omens with EMP can also help out, but they get vaporized if focused by the first or second phases. Champions with Tachyon lances and more squalls poke the overloaded chips to death, as long as the squall and sabot barrage keeps up.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 11:17:58 PM by Death_Silence_66 »

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 08:06:33 PM »

I just beat it with two paragons, an astral, a legion XIV and a heron without any losses. Paragons are the only thing I found that can stand up to the dorito bags. I needed a fairly optimized loadout for the paragons to do decently too.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 12:56:35 AM »

I wonder, is 165 DP the least you need to beat Omega?
Spoiler

[close]

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2021, 01:28:33 AM »

@SCC I assume you're using the crazy dmod damage reduction skill there right?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2021, 01:48:16 AM »

Indeed I am, as you can see on the picture in that post! However, hull damage reduction was barely used, since Radiants tanked all the hits on shields. What was used, though, was the +3% max CR per d-mod effect, which let me acquire -100+70+30+15(L3L)+15(I2R)+15(I4R)=45% max CR for both Radiants. I could have used worse cores to get above 50%, but I deemed 8 offier skills more important.
Also, I have got a video where I was slightly more successful, losing only a single Omen.
Spoiler
[close]

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2021, 08:49:39 AM »

I think 3 good paragons might be able to do it flawlessly, maybe even 2 paragons and 1 or two dooms.

Vu1pes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2021, 05:02:42 PM »

Great suggestions, y'all. Ultimately, however, I am very stubborn and decided to brute force it; the Ziggurat (I think we can safely spoil that one by this point, thanks Zaizai) works great for taking out one tesseract at a time, I used a Paragon-Radiant duo to keep the second one busy. Eventually the first Paragon went down and I called in my Astral (stacked with Longbows, thanks Death_Silence_66) to help out with the Facets, then the Zig went down so I called in a Doom... Frankly, I am not a very good strategist, and my only saving grace was shitpiling all my support ships onto the field to draw fire while my remaining Paragon lasered down the Shards and Aspects. Never underestimate the power of a tanker to tank, I guess.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2021, 06:15:52 PM »

Player piloted AMB Doom rips them apart. Place mines behind them to turn their omni shields, hit them with the AMBs, blow up the fighters with mines when they pop out. All you need is a fleet that can survive long enough for you to finish killing everything.

Drazhya

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2021, 07:31:40 PM »

Just did it with the Ziggy, a Paragon, two Legion XIVs and two Champions. A Legion and a Champion went down, though.
Legions in general seem a lot better now, with built-in mods to counter their crippling lack of OP.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 08:14:01 PM by Drazhya »
Pages: [1] 2