Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: [0.96a] Captain's Log 0.2.0 - Note-taking and Reminders  (Read 137967 times)

stormbringer951

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Captain's Log 0.1.4 - Note-taking and Reminders
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2021, 10:31:11 AM »

thank you sir. i hope your mod will be noticed more
I'm so glad I spotted this. A much better option than a document to alt-tab into.
Just found this mod. Nice!

I really hope this gets rolled into the main game at some point, it's super useful for tracking things that don't show up in the intel log or in other places like:
- unsalvaged habitats / research stations / etc
- if there's a system you explored but still has a heavy [REDACTED] presence, especially battleships for use with the Automated Ships skill
- good colonization candidates (not necessarily a Terran Eccentric world, but a good combination of multiple other high-value worlds or simply a system with 4+ not-terrible planets)
- you've stored all your ships/items for free at an abandoned station

Thanks, glad you're enjoying it ^^

just got reminded about this in the discord - will you be updating the mod to use the new text field stuff when .95.1 comes out?
it's a pretty minor thing but would (imo) greatly improve the mod

Yeah, definitely. It's one of the things that I've been waiting for; after that I can actually do a lot more with the GUI.

Any way to disable intel reports entirely and only have the manual command enabled only so I'm the only one making intel reports?

Not currently. I'll add this functionality for the next release

Could you put the other commands (those for deletion of logs and such) on the page?

Ah, done!
Weapons Group Controls mod - deselect all weapon groups, hold-down hold-fire mode, toggle alternating/linked fire
Captain's Log - throw away your notepad: custom notes, ruins and salvageable reminders
Old Hyperion - for your dose of nostalgia
Adjustable Skill Thresholds - set fleet DP and fighter bay thresholds

stormbringer951

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Captain's Log 0.1.4 - Note-taking and Reminders
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2022, 01:04:18 PM »

0.1.5 - The Pre-GUI Update
Download

Changelog:
Features:
- Added intel reports noting the presence of ruins on unsurveyed planets with orbital debris visuals (PR from Jaghaimo)
- Added lay in course button and shortcuts to intel reports (PR from Jaghaimo)
- Added data/config/settings.json key captains_log_enable_automatic_logging for controlling whether automated reports are generated for salvageables and ruins.

Bugfixes:
- Inconsistent date calculation fixed
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 01:17:45 PM by stormbringer951 »
Weapons Group Controls mod - deselect all weapon groups, hold-down hold-fire mode, toggle alternating/linked fire
Captain's Log - throw away your notepad: custom notes, ruins and salvageable reminders

Kactus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Captain's Log 0.1.5 - Note-taking and Reminders
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2022, 12:00:18 PM »

Hello, is there a way to manually mark down locations and write down logs?

Also, I got things like a derelict cryo ship and a stabilized cloud of cargo pods autmatically logged, but there's no option to individually remove the logs, I fear that this will end up overloading my intel tab with entries.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 12:02:40 PM by Kactus »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2022, 01:28:56 PM »

Hello, is there a way to manually mark down locations and write down logs?
If you have Console Commands just use the command added (I forget what it's called, but it's obvious).

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2022, 03:52:13 AM »

I mean, it is in written in the OP!

CaptainsLog [message]

stormbringer951

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Captain's Log 0.1.6 - Note-taking and Reminders
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2022, 03:25:53 AM »

Download

Changelog:
Bugfixes:
- Fixed crash to desktop when hiding icons on a message intel

bestban

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2022, 04:54:57 PM »

When I was visiting a planet, without any survey, the Unexplored Ruins notified and recorded an Unexplored Ruins of the said planet. This appears to be a bug. Thanks.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2022, 05:37:19 PM »

When I was visiting a planet, without any survey, the Unexplored Ruins notified and recorded an Unexplored Ruins of the said planet. This appears to be a bug. Thanks.
You don't need to survey a planet in order to see if it has ruins - and if you're experienced enough, you can tell the level of the ruins as well. Planets with ruins have debris in orbit depending on the level of the ruins, it's quite easy to see even from across the system.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

bestban

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2022, 08:54:13 PM »

You don't need to survey a planet in order to see if it has ruins - and if you're experienced enough, you can tell the level of the ruins as well. Planets with ruins have debris in orbit depending on the level of the ruins, it's quite easy to see even from across the system.
Good to know. thanks!

CollegeCook

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2022, 11:00:40 AM »

Hey stormbringer, this is a very useful mod, I've been using it every session and it's made things so much better.
This is a wonderful mod, and I have some suggestions:
  • Change the description color to grey like vanilla
  • Remove the "location" from the description; we can click/see it on the map
  • Remove the "days ago" from the description
  • Different icons as an argument in the command (I saw you were working on it)
  • The ability to set the title instead of "Captain's Log"
  • The ability to see what the description is without clicking on it. Having 5+ custom messages always ends up with you shuffling through them to find the one you were looking for
  • Have an option to refer to a specific location like the Galatian Academy or your colony

All could be optional, of course.
Again, this is a very useful mod, thank you for having made it! :D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 11:03:24 AM by CollegeCook »

Zyntar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2022, 04:49:57 AM »

I think I found exploit in this mod. When you try to salvage research stations, habitats, derelicts etc. (Of course only working for derelicts apearing in salvageable tab).What u need to do after  salvage to go to salvageable tab and click "lay in course" if you are fast enough you can do it up to 5 times. I have video here but is poor quality (Made by Nvidia GeforceExperience)

Dr. Autissimo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2022, 12:33:04 AM »

I can't figure out why, but sometimes it just doesn't log things, f.e. I found a cryosleeper and it just would not log it? Do I have to interact with it or something?

Damonvi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2022, 08:29:24 PM »

I can't figure out why, but sometimes it just doesn't log things, f.e. I found a cryosleeper and it just would not log it? Do I have to interact with it or something?

i'm also currently having an issue with having auto-logs being created. do i have to enable it in the console commands, or a setting in the mod files? or is it because i loaded this mod mid-save?

Edit: nvm, i see that the logs are placed in a different intel tab. for instance, derelict ships are logged into a "salvageable" tag. kind of wish they all logged into the same tab, but maybe its another mod doing this.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 08:03:28 PM by Damonvi »

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2023, 12:40:51 AM »

so i just stumbled across the "unexplored ruins" tab this mod offers. so if a plant decivilizes does this mod add a entry for that ruin? i ask because i play with tons of modded factions and the decivilized tab doesn't offer any sorting (and gets pretty full as time goes on).

Ontheheavens

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2023, 01:30:35 AM »

so i just stumbled across the "unexplored ruins" tab this mod offers. so if a plant decivilizes does this mod add a entry for that ruin? i ask because i play with tons of modded factions and the decivilized tab doesn't offer any sorting (and gets pretty full as time goes on).

Not instantly. What it will do is add intel item for planets with ruins (and in fleet's sensor range) in system in which player fleet is currently in:

Code
    @Override
    public void advance(float amount) {
        CampaignFleetAPI fleet = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet();
        StarSystemAPI system = fleet.getStarSystem();
        if (system == null) {
            return;
        }
        for (PlanetAPI planet : system.getPlanets()) {
            if (!isInRange(fleet, planet)) {
                log.debug("Skipping " + planet.getName() + " as it is too far away");
                continue;
            }
            Utils.tryCreateUnsearchedRuinsReport(planet, log, true);
        }
    }

https://github.com/stormbringer951/CaptainsLog/blob/master/src/CaptainsLog/scripts/RuinObserver.java

In other words, if the planet in question is not in the same system as player fleet is in, then nothing will happen.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5