Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: [0.96a] Captain's Log 0.2.0 - Note-taking and Reminders  (Read 135236 times)

stormbringer951

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Captain's Log 0.1.3 - Note-taking and Reminders
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2021, 04:02:56 AM »

Got an error with Console Command and this mod when trying to add a stable point in a starsystem.

This was from version 0.1.1. I haven't tried the newest update but this is for a heads up just in case.

Hey, thanks for the report. That should be fixed from 0.1.2 onwards.
Weapons Group Controls mod - deselect all weapon groups, hold-down hold-fire mode, toggle alternating/linked fire
Captain's Log - throw away your notepad: custom notes, ruins and salvageable reminders
Old Hyperion - for your dose of nostalgia
Adjustable Skill Thresholds - set fleet DP and fighter bay thresholds

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2021, 05:52:34 AM »

oooh this mod is pog! it even keeps track of all the old things you found

if I may ask though, could you remove the savageables from the fleet log? because it has it's own tab already. i like knowing where the derelict mothership is, but i want the fleet log to not be completely crowded to be honest. thank you anyways for making this, it's very useful

stormbringer951

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Captain's Log 0.1.4 - Note-taking and Reminders
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2021, 02:24:17 AM »

0.1.4 - The "I finally got around to doing a bunch of Avanitia's suggestions from a literal year ago" edition
Download

Changelog:
Fixes:
- Nexerelin museum ships should not generate salvageable intels.
- Unexplored systems should not generate intel reports (fixes Seeker issue).

Usability improvements:
- Will no longer generate the same damn instructional log entry on every new game, since the forum topic exists now
- All Captain's Log custom messages are set important on creation.
- All Captain's Log intel entries (ruins/salvageables/captain's log entries) are no longer in default fleet log intel category
Weapons Group Controls mod - deselect all weapon groups, hold-down hold-fire mode, toggle alternating/linked fire
Captain's Log - throw away your notepad: custom notes, ruins and salvageable reminders

stormbringer951

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2021, 02:25:00 AM »

oooh this mod is pog! it even keeps track of all the old things you found

if I may ask though, could you remove the savageables from the fleet log? because it has it's own tab already. i like knowing where the derelict mothership is, but i want the fleet log to not be completely crowded to be honest. thank you anyways for making this, it's very useful

Done ;). Glad you're enjoying the mod.

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2021, 04:08:48 AM »

thank you sir. i hope your mod will be noticed more

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2021, 11:00:07 AM »

I'm so glad I spotted this. A much better option than a document to alt-tab into.

Kaelum

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2021, 07:43:43 PM »

Could you put the other commands (those for deletion of logs and such) on the page?

RedHellion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2021, 05:45:14 PM »

Just found this mod. Nice!

I really hope this gets rolled into the main game at some point, it's super useful for tracking things that don't show up in the intel log or in other places like:
- unsalvaged habitats / research stations / etc
- if there's a system you explored but still has a heavy [REDACTED] presence, especially battleships for use with the Automated Ships skill
- good colonization candidates (not necessarily a Terran Eccentric world, but a good combination of multiple other high-value worlds or simply a system with 4+ not-terrible planets)
- you've stored all your ships/items for free at an abandoned station

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2021, 08:23:54 PM »

Damn was looking for a mod like this! too bad its for 0.95a any chance of a way to port this to 0.91a or letting us know how we could? Awsome mod!
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

RedHellion

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2021, 11:53:56 PM »

Damn was looking for a mod like this! too bad its for 0.95a any chance of a way to port this to 0.91a or letting us know how we could? Awsome mod!

Not a fan of 0.95 or something? :P

I believe this mod existed on the Discord before it actually got posted to the forums here as of 0.95, I'm sure stormbringer951 has the 0.91 version around somewhere.

Flacman3000

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2021, 08:55:39 PM »

Not a fan of 0.95 or something? :P

I believe this mod existed on the Discord before it actually got posted to the forums here as of 0.95, I'm sure stormbringer951 has the 0.91 version around somewhere.

Unfortunately yes I'm not a fan of the new skill system and the oddly named story point system it breaks my immersion maybe he could have incorporated all the new story point features into skills enabling people to level up certain skills to increase the chances of an action succeeding. Unfortunately, it just seems weird that story points (magic points) have 100% success mostly upon actions.
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

Apogee_Freak

• Lieutenant
  • Are you hiding the blueprints under your farms?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2021, 01:38:06 PM »

Here is the link to the 0.9.1 version: https://github.com/stormbringer951/CaptainsLog/releases/tag/0.0.1
It doesn't have most of the updates as its the original discord version.

Flacman3000

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2021, 04:45:47 AM »

Here is the link to the 0.9.1 version: https://github.com/stormbringer951/CaptainsLog/releases/tag/0.0.1
It doesn't have most of the updates as its the original discord version.

Holy Oden's balls! Thanks a lot, my friend!!!!

Flacman3000

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2021, 03:57:34 PM »

Any way to disable intel reports entirely and only have the manual command enabled only so I'm the only one making intel reports?

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2021, 06:03:31 AM »

just got reminded about this in the discord - will you be updating the mod to use the new text field stuff when .95.1 comes out?
it's a pretty minor thing but would (imo) greatly improve the mod
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5