Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45

Author Topic: [0.6.1a] Interstellar Federation v1.27  (Read 365780 times)

Griffinhart

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.53.1a] Interstellar Federation v1.233
« Reply #450 on: August 31, 2012, 04:06:50 PM »

Oh.  Another random thing.  I feel Sensor Drones was inappropiate for the Mercury, which I always felt was this big badass guns-ridden gunship, so I figured it'd have a Lightning Gun or something.  The Neutron Gun is kinda fun to use.  Then again, I'm probably biased as sensor drones do little for my rocket variant of the Mercury.

Mercury + Mass Drivers on the front hardpoints. You want a sniper? Here's your sniper. (Put railguns in the front turret slots and a dual flak cannon in the universal - now you've got a sniper that can also run interference against fighters and bombers.)

Sublime Text would have been:
1. middle-mouse drag
2. type 'IF'
Sublime Text would have been:
1. middle-mouse drag
1. middle-mouse drag
middle-mouse
mouse

Ew. Gross.

Also, ship_data.csv stores the ID as the second element of a given row, which means that you can't do a simple contiguous-block select; hence my suggestion of using a substitute command (since that doesn't rely on the text being contiguous in any way).

You're right. VIM is worse than
THE VERSION OF THIS POST IS UNREGISTERED. WOULD YOU LIKE TO BUY IT FOR 50 DOLLARS?

Well, if you bought it, you wouldn't get that message all the time, huh?

sublime text, Who the hell needs open source anyway.

Open source has its advantages and disadvantages. The one thing I hate about open source software is the lack of documentation endemic to a lot of OSS. "Look at the source code" is not a valid form of documentation.

-- Griffinhart

"Rrha ki ra tek wim tes yor
en weel waath dius manaf, Yat!
"

Ghoti

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 31, 2012, 05:47:08 PM »

Would you like to buy my post for 50 dollars to get rid of the unregistered mark. It takes time to develop these posts by themselves, and if you enjoy them you should support the author  :D

NikolaiLev

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 31, 2012, 07:31:29 PM »

Oh.  Another random thing.  I feel Sensor Drones was inappropiate for the Mercury, which I always felt was this big badass guns-ridden gunship, so I figured it'd have a Lightning Gun or something.  The Neutron Gun is kinda fun to use.  Then again, I'm probably biased as sensor drones do little for my rocket variant of the Mercury.

Mercury + Mass Drivers on the front hardpoints. You want a sniper? Here's your sniper. (Put railguns in the front turret slots and a dual flak cannon in the universal - now you've got a sniper that can also run interference against fighters and bombers.)

I don't use the Mercury for a sniper, though.  Because 4 Annihilators + MLRS + 2 Heavy Needlers + 2 Light Needlers is just TOO GOOD.

When I build ships, I defer to In-Your-Face ***-You-Machines.  Unless it has pitiful armor.

Then I don't use the ship.   ;D

Griffinhart

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 01, 2012, 08:12:10 AM »

>implying you can't get into someone's face with a pair of mass drivers and four railguns

You want to build an in-your-face ship? Titan. Fill the larges with Cains, mids with Dual Flak Cannons, and smalls with Railguns. Kit it out with whatever hullmods you want (I always go ITU and Expanded Mags at minimum). Hadron Transporter to the front of the line, murderate anything that gets in range. It actually kills faster and more efficiently than my actual favorite ship/setup (Auria with a Cain on the 360deg turret, Hadron Accelerator in the large universal hardpoint, Railguns and Mass Drivers on the forward turrets/hardpoints, with Dual Flak Cannons and Light Dual Machine Guns for PD).

-- Griffinhart
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 08:15:44 AM by Griffinhart »

"

NikolaiLev

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 01, 2012, 04:46:25 PM »

You want to build an in-your-face ship? Titan. Fill the larges with Cains, mids with Dual Flak Cannons, and smalls with Railguns. Kit it out with whatever hullmods you want (I always go ITU and Expanded Mags at minimum). Hadron Transporter to the front of the line, murderate anything that gets in range. It actually kills faster and more efficiently than my actual favorite ship/setup (Auria with a Cain on the 360deg turret, Hadron Accelerator in the large universal hardpoint, Railguns and Mass Drivers on the forward turrets/hardpoints, with Dual Flak Cannons and Light Dual Machine Guns for PD).

-- Griffinhart

Too slow.  An assault ship oughta be maneuverable and fast.  That's why I like Defiants and Toas.  Mercuries, too, even despite the Sensor Drones not working well with Annihilators.

I do know how to refit my ships, thank you very much.   ;)

Griffinhart

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 06, 2012, 07:09:22 PM »

>Titan
>Hadron Transporter
>slow

::)

-- Griffinhart

"

pigreko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 02, 2012, 10:13:36 PM »

you sir made some badass designs. I love the the capital ships, especially the large mounts disposition... mmmh I can only imagine their broadside firepower. I should try your mod asap.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 04, 2012, 03:58:07 PM »

The Hadron Accelerator doesn't fire at all for me.

Griffinhart

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 04, 2012, 07:31:16 PM »

The Hadron Accelerator doesn't fire at all for me.
Are you holding your fire key for about 9 seconds?

-- Griffinhart

"

Ambient

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 04, 2012, 07:51:23 PM »

I have never seen an AI ship successfully fire a hadron accelerator. they just keep charging it.

Griffinhart

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 05, 2012, 08:52:50 AM »

AI is bad at using the Hadron Accelerator because it requires maintaining line-of-fire for 9 seconds, and the AI is bad at that.

For players, you need to actually hold your fire key for the full charge sequence.

-- Griffinhart

"

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 05, 2012, 10:20:33 AM »

I did hold it, still wouldn't fire.  It's kind of disappointing.

Aleskander

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 05, 2012, 10:38:30 AM »

It's always worked fine for me

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 05, 2012, 10:48:57 AM »

I did hold it, still wouldn't fire.  It's kind of disappointing.

Are you sure you have the flux capacity to fire it? What ship are you putting it on?

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 05, 2012, 11:14:23 AM »

The Auria is what I mounted it on, it will not fire.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45