Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45

Author Topic: [0.6.1a] Interstellar Federation v1.27  (Read 367431 times)

DNAz

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.53a] Interstellar Federation v1.233
« Reply #360 on: August 08, 2012, 01:09:40 AM »

Thanks guys, I'm excited too!  Yes, the lore is taken care of.
Can't wait!

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 08, 2012, 11:35:26 AM »

THANK YOU MINELAYER!
Edit: That was my lmg/single heavy mauler and 2 flak guns because I bought the Montana earlier than I could afford it game.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 11:38:29 AM by Wriath »

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 08, 2012, 12:08:28 PM »

I love the subtlety of the palette you use here and the overall design and rendering is top-notch. I even have trouble seeing where bits of my work are integrated into the sprites. Very nice work.

keptin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 08, 2012, 01:56:17 PM »

Thanks David, that means a lot coming from Starfarer's master 'o sprites! 

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 08, 2012, 03:20:11 PM »

That's one heck of an endorsement you've received. ;)

This mod has made truly enormous progress ever since the humble old days of being Missiles Inc. -- it's practically a must-have addition to any player's game install. If the threatening yet beautiful Reaver is any indication, the Jardain Empire's arrival is going to be sheer awesome. I can't wait to see more of the I.F.'s foes. Now we'll get to see what those Lancers, Autoguns and Cains really spend most of their time being aimed at when Auroras or Dominators aren't around.....
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....

Griffinhart

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 08, 2012, 05:05:07 PM »

I'm more curious as to see how the heck the Omega Device and Nucleon Ram are supposed to be applied against this faction.

(The Omega Device's one-shot nature and the Nucleon Ram's low range seem to run pretty contrary to the rest of IFed's armory, which, from what I can tell, emphasize long-range, high-damage ballistic strikes and huge barrages of missiles.)

Incidentally, have I mentioned that I love the Piranha? Sure, the label says "anti-fighter", but stick one on an Aurora (or the Lotus Conglomerate equivalent, the Eventide-class cruiser) and now you have a cruiser-weight shotgun. It does murderous things to shields.

(It's also not terrible on the Apogee, but the angled hardpoint makes it a bit more difficult to aim. You can try to rely on the homing nature of the delivery system, but it tends to detonate a bit too far from targets, in my opinion. Good if you can hit the long side of an enemy ship, though.)

-- Griffinhart

"Rrha ki ra tek wim tes yor
en weel waath dius manaf, Yat!
"

keptin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 08, 2012, 05:40:00 PM »

Introducing, the Wraith.

since the humble old days of being Missiles Inc.

Oh crap, someone still remembers that?!  Funny enough, the root folder I edit the sprites in is still named Missiles Inc.  It's a throwback to simpler times.

Thanks for the kind words, it's flattering  :)

I'm more curious as to see how the heck the Omega Device and Nucleon Ram are supposed to be applied against this faction.

The Nucleon Ram is a strange weapon designed to be used with the Ballista.  Ballista uses its defense matrix system to get close and then slices & dices capital ships.  It was an answer to combating heavily armored Hegmony ships.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 07:22:17 PM by keptin »

Griffinhart

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 08, 2012, 06:05:03 PM »

I'm digging the Jardains' paint scheme. Austere, brushed metal woo!

The Nucleon Ram is a strange weapon designed to be used with the Ballista.  Ballista uses its defense matrix system to get close and then slices & dices capital ships.  It was an answer to combating heavily armored Hegmony ships.
Ahhh, and what was its use prior to .53a? :p

(No wonder I couldn't figure it out. I haven't actually tested the Ballista-class, on account of the small shield arc. My original thought was to use it in a sniper role - e.g., fit it with a Cain or a Hadron Accelerator and an Integrated Targeting Unit, put strikes on shields to put caps into overload, and then do something daring - or let other ships get closer to do damage.)

-- Griffinhart

"

Ambient

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 08, 2012, 06:19:08 PM »

Introducing, the Wraith.

O man I cant wait for capital ships.

So far I'm loving the design.

keptin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 08, 2012, 07:03:43 PM »

Ahhh, and what was its use prior to .53a? :p

Same use, it just couldn't benefit from a mega shield.  It's shield arc is pitiful, but it's extremely powerful and can soak up damage.  It's a specialized vessel, but great if used effectively.

@Ambient, thanks!

Griffinhart

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 08, 2012, 07:42:53 PM »

While it does have an efficient shield, the problem is that the Ballista-class is pretty long (as are most of IFed's inventory), which means that the shield is a lot less useful when taking fire from the sides (or multiple directions, but that's the usual weakness of small-arc shields). I can see the Ballista being useful in small-scale and one-on-one battles, but at fleet-scale, it'd probably need a lot of cover to remain survivable. (Alternatively, assign it as fire support, or something else that sits back and lets others get up close.)

Hm, actually. I should take a look at the Ballista's armor and hull, it might be more survivable than I'm thinking. Probably not quite capital-weight, though.

-- Griffinhart

"

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 08, 2012, 07:58:42 PM »

Introducing, the Wraith.

That looks absolutely amazing. I really love the design of that ship. Seriously, I'm really digging the look of it

keptin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.53a] Interstellar Federation v1.24
« Reply #372 on: August 09, 2012, 03:17:37 AM »

Interstellar Federation v1.24 is up!  Introducing the Federation's mortal enemy, the Jardain Empire!

Sent thousands of light years into uncharted space a century before the Republic colony ships were built, their mothership's experimental cyclotron mirror left them stranded in uninhabitable irradiated space.  Their geneticists' morals were quickly thrust aside in a desperate attempt to survive, but severely altering their genetic code led to unforeseen consequences.  With strength and intelligence came a savage blood lust, leading to a highly evolved mutant race.  Jardain territory was once some distance away from the original colonies and their existence long forgotten, but thousands of years later, as the IFed began to reach further into remote sectors, the Jardain rediscovered their ancestors and most cunning prey...humans.

Reaver-class Interdictor, Wraith-class Strike Ship

Code
InterstellarFederation v1.24

=Ship Changes=
-Added Reaver
-Added Wraith

=File Changes=
-Added mission Birds of Prey to demo new Jardain ships
-Added "captured" Reaver and Wraith to IFed station
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 04:24:37 AM by keptin »

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #373 on: August 09, 2012, 06:04:53 AM »

Loving this new style. I understand it's more work, but boy is it worth it.

Dante80

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • .aNiMe//GR
« Reply #374 on: August 09, 2012, 09:19:26 AM »

Loving this new style.

Ditto, excellent work man. Keep the goodness coming...^^

A suggestion. Since you are building from scratch, it would be very nice to also experiment more on how the default weapon slot plugs look. You can try making them more unique - fitting for your designs.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45