Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 45

Author Topic: [0.6.1a] Interstellar Federation v1.27  (Read 365819 times)

keptin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] Interstellar Federation v1.26
« Reply #540 on: December 17, 2013, 01:04:44 AM »

Interstellar Federation v1.26 is up! IFED is now compatible with Starsector 0.6.1a thanks to kazi!  A thousand years have passed since the last sighting of a Federation ship in interstellar space.  Long ago there was a war to end all wars between the Jardain and Federation.  The Federation was victorious, but it came at a great cost.  Only the most inner worlds had remained habitable.  War had ravaged the outer sectors, leaving a wake of destruction in its path.  Nuclear fallout left many planets irradiated beyond the point where life could grow.  The war had ended, but the struggle to survive had just begun. Billions starved as entire farm worlds perished.  A team of the Federation's brightest minds was assembled to create what they needed most: time.  Time for the planets to naturally recover, to preserve their culture and technology until they could regain their strength and rise again.  The Santaria mining belt was a collection of seven worlds selected for their vast subterranean tunnels.  A deep-stasis network of unimaginable proportion was constructed to house the remaining population in self-maintained sleep tubes.  And so they slept.  Their planets abandoned, their ships empty and adrift in space.  An entire civilization in hibernation for a millennium.  Until now...

Changelog:
Code
InterstellarFederation v1.26

=Compatibility Patch by kazi=
-Special Thanks to kazi for making IFED compatible with 0.6.1a
-Updated sounds.json file for compatibility
-Modified internal fleet objectives for mission compatibility
-Added some of the IFed ships as possible opponents in the simulator
-Added an easter-egg Antares variant

Bjørn_in_the_Sector

• Commander
  • Have a towel, just need a ship...
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 17, 2013, 02:54:19 AM »

I am SOOOO going to add this in to my mod selection of madness (and lagginess :P)
Executive Creative Director of Naysmyth Armouries Mod (Very WIP)

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 17, 2013, 08:38:30 AM »

Some conflict with the TUP mod. Both mod have a Zephyr ship i think.

Code
28011 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [zephyr] variant [zephyr_Basic]: slot id [WS0004] not found for weapon [lightmg]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [zephyr] variant [zephyr_Basic]: slot id [WS0004] not found for weapon [lightmg]
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.oo0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.for.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.for.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.W.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.privatesuper.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O.render(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oOo0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oOo0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.D.oooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.float.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.I.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.OoOO.ôØ0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.OoOO.øÒÒ000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.oOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

keptin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 17, 2013, 04:33:32 PM »

Thanks for pointing that out helmut.  If it is a unique names issue, then it's unlikely to be solved on IFed's end until some future point when I overhaul the mod.  There are no guarantees that IFed plays nice with other mods with the exception of the versions tailored for mod compilation releases, such as Uomoz's Sector and Exerelin.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 17, 2013, 05:58:06 PM »

It is not too difficult to simply add a mod prefix on everything is it not?

ifed_zephyr etc. etc.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 18, 2013, 01:34:16 AM »

Hi keptin/kazi,

The latest version (v1.26) does not seem to have any values for CR-related and supply usage variables.

This tends to make IFed fairly unbalanced as supplies/day is extremely important now :) and all IFed's are at 0.1/day :D

NikolaiLev

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 18, 2013, 04:18:18 AM »

Thanks for pointing that out helmut.  If it is a unique names issue, then it's unlikely to be solved on IFed's end until some future point when I overhaul the mod.  There are no guarantees that IFed plays nice with other mods with the exception of the versions tailored for mod compilation releases, such as Uomoz's Sector and Exerelin.

And this, kiddos, is why you should prefix all your mod content with a short mod tag (i.e. instead of bastion.ship, it should be pat_bastion.ship).   :D

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 18, 2013, 05:48:43 AM »

Hi keptin/kazi,

The latest version (v1.26) does not seem to have any values for CR-related and supply usage variables.

This tends to make IFed fairly unbalanced as supplies/day is extremely important now :) and all IFed's are at 0.1/day :D

This is like the only thing that needs to be done for 0.6.1.a compatibility except for replacing missing sounds. Why was it skipped? ???

dgibso29

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 18, 2013, 08:13:31 AM »

Unbelievable thrilled this is out! Cheers to you both.

keptin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 18, 2013, 11:30:47 AM »

I haven't familiarized myself with much of the new content yet.  If someone puts together an update with supply use variables and/or prefixed ship names, I'll review and post a new patch. 

Officially, IFed development is still on hold until a future date where I'll dig into it more extensively.  I will not be maintaining the mod in the mean time.

Ebonwulf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 18, 2013, 08:10:25 PM »

If you are at that, mind touching on the burn rates also?

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 18, 2013, 11:01:47 PM »

To be honest, my goal was just to do a quick debugging and get it so the mod was playable again. Mission accomplished.

Adding ship prefixes is a pretty major overhaul, the names need to be changed in 3-4 files for every ship, weapon, and variant. I wouldn't count on that anytime soon. As for the burn rates and supply usage.... maybe. It's a bit of a slippery slope: if you fixed this, why don't you fix that (and also that, etc.)?

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 18, 2013, 11:03:17 PM »

To be honest, my goal was just to do a quick debugging and get it so the mod was playable again. Mission accomplished.

Adding ship prefixes is a pretty major overhaul, the names need to be changed in 3-4 files for every ship, weapon, and variant. I wouldn't count on that anytime soon. As for the burn rates and supply usage.... maybe. It's a bit of a slippery slope: if you fixed this, why don't you fix that (and also that, etc.)?

I will do it personally for UsS users in next update, if anyone is interested.

LostInTheWired

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 19, 2013, 06:29:39 AM »

***, I'll do it if I have to.  It's just boring data entry stuff.

EDIT:  Well, I'm almost done, I think.  It'll definitely help if you vets would help with balance after I upload.  I'm trying my best, basing the ships on what I know of vanilla ships and what I remember from IFed, but it's not gonna be perfect.  Probably far from it.  BUT!  It's a place to start!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 07:51:31 AM by LostInTheWired »

LostInTheWired

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 19, 2013, 09:27:33 AM »

Well, here it is.  Download

So, I've uploaded it so you vets can better balance and integrate with your mods, but I thought doing some of this work would help.  I think I balanced it good enough, but I don't have enough experience to know for sure.  I tried to make each ship similar to a vanilla ship of the same stature.  It should work with all of the CR and Burn stuff now, though.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 45