Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 45

Author Topic: [0.6.1a] Interstellar Federation v1.27  (Read 365846 times)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Interstellar Federation v1.25
« Reply #525 on: December 14, 2013, 06:50:16 PM »

It looks like Keptin's dead... I'M TAKING OVER! FWHAHAHAHAHASDAFHKL (actually I just had the urge to play this mod, so I thought I'd quickly fix things up for myself and others)

Anyhow, I spent an hour or three this morning ironing out the major version compatibility issues. Right now, I've fixed it to the point where the IFed guys are playable in missions and the simulator. I'll see if I can put together a fully patched version for the rest of you soon (hopefully with campaign and exerelin integration). It will be uploaded to this thread if I manage to finish cleaning things up.

In the meantime, here's a video of me using the federation for target practice and/or bugfixing: http://youtu.be/TBmXT4GUREg. If you're curious which ships I'm using, you can find them here (shameless plug for my mod, I know...  ::)).

Have you asked permission?

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 14, 2013, 07:01:12 PM »

Fixing up a mod so you yourself can play it again is fine. But don't publish other people's work without first getting permission from the original author, please!

keptin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 14, 2013, 10:26:30 PM »

Hey folks, as Valk said, I'm still around...sort of.  I'm flattered someone enjoys the mod enough to make it compatible for the latest version, but please message me for permission and release info first; I still get message notifications and will respond within a day or so.

That being said, kazi, it takes some balls to put in a few hours of work cleaning up someone else's work and then plugging your own mod with it as payment.  And I think that's a fair trade.  How about this; you finish getting things in order so IFED is compatible with 0.6.2a (strictly compatible, don't add content) and I'll add your name and a link to your mod to the original post as a thanks.  If you're down, shoot me a download link when you're done so I can play test and rehost/re-link it.

kupan9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 15, 2013, 12:35:17 AM »

I am glad that Keptin is cool with you getting it Exerelin and campaign compatible Kazi. I have been missing my "Castlebreaker" personal variants of the Titan. I have had this thread bookmarked for a while hoping for some progress to show up. ;D
Thanks for the great faction Keptin.
Thanks for taking the time to update it Kazi. Good luck.

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 15, 2013, 02:22:02 AM »

To clear things up, I didn't mean for this to become forum drama of any sort. I woke up this morning and was like "hey, I feel like playing IFed today," so I fixed some of the compatibility issues and recorded a video. Anyhow, I wasn't planning on actually adding or changing anything (tbh, I take forever to do anything...), just felt like getting it working for the current version (this was my favorite mod back in the day!).

Long story short, I saw the "If you mod this faction, release it in this thread first" sign on the front page and figured I'd update it to the current version so everyone could play it again. I figured that the mod was dead since there hadn't been an update in four months and the author hadn't posted since September. The plug was simply because that's who I decided to put the testing mission together with (if I had played with another faction, the plug would be for them- no need to post an advertisement, keptin). Anyhow, sorry for any drama/confusion, it was sort of a 'spur of the moment' thing that made me decide I was going to update it. :-[ Anyhow, cheers!

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 15, 2013, 03:48:33 AM »

Sometimes It's just better to let old things die.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 15, 2013, 05:30:30 AM »

Sometimes It's just better to let old things die.

Wat

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 15, 2013, 05:51:47 AM »

Yeah i didn't get that one either, still, mod ain't dead, but it will be updated later on.

keptin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 15, 2013, 08:59:26 AM »

No worries kazi, no harm, no foul, no drama; I'm happy to see players interested in the mod.  If you or someone else puts in the effort to maintain IFED compatibility with the latest release I'm sure players will appreciate it.  I usually hand off mods to others that I no longer intend to develop, but I still plan to get back to IFED once Starsector matures.  Right now IFED is in deep stasis.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 15, 2013, 12:44:28 PM »

Right now IFED is in deep stasis.

I think you should slap that on the 1st page so as to avoid confusion among players who had little to do with IFED (like myself).

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 15, 2013, 05:18:59 PM »

Ok for those of you watching this thread, I just forwarded along my patched copy of IFed to keptin. His call now whether he wants to release it I guess.

It looks and plays exactly like the 0.54.1a version and works with both the normal campaign and Exerelin.

Garmine

• Lieutenant
  • We're The Borg. Every resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 16, 2013, 10:29:04 AM »

Ok for those of you watching this thread, I just forwarded along my patched copy of IFed to keptin. His call now whether he wants to release it I guess.

It looks and plays exactly like the 0.54.1a version and works with both the normal campaign and Exerelin.

I love you, kazi. <3

Also, thank you very much for the port kazi, and for the totally awesome mod Keptin! My favorite StarSector mod ever. (Sorry other modders! :D)
I went outside one day, the graphics were amazing, but the gameplay sucked...
Prepare yourselves for miscapitalization errors! *evil laugh*

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 16, 2013, 10:33:48 AM »

you meanie!! :'(

Garmine

• Lieutenant
  • We're The Borg. Every resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 16, 2013, 10:49:15 AM »

you meanie!! :'(

Although I gotta admit that I love Valkyrian PDs. <3

Now I just feel like going through a bunch of mods' threads to write "I love you and your mod". :D
I went outside one day, the graphics were amazing, but the gameplay sucked...
Prepare yourselves for miscapitalization errors! *evil laugh*

LostInTheWired

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 16, 2013, 03:44:55 PM »

Honestly hope he puts it up. ^^ I've always loved the ships of this mod.  They seemed more in line with the game more than anything, and I love the ships actually looking military instead of multicolored craziness.  Probably my favorite ships, tbh.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 45