Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.95a] Remnant Command Transfer 1.0.2  (Read 54909 times)

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
[0.95a] Remnant Command Transfer 1.0.2
« on: March 28, 2021, 10:06:53 AM »

This mod is effectively defunct with the addition of Neural Integrator, but I'll leave it up for anyone that wants to use it. I don't have plans to update this if/when a Starsector update breaks it.

This is a pretty simple little mod that allows you to transfer command to remnant ships. Presumably, you can find enough room for one person and a little command suite in an automated ship.
This does not remove the requirement for AI core officers- you'll still need one of those to operate the ship; this also means you can't set automated ships as your flagship.
Integrating an AI core will still block command transferring. (The code that handles that isn't moddable, unfortunately)

Download:

Changelog:
Spoiler
1.0.2: Removed the version file because it's broken. Not sure why but it's not like this mod will change, so it didn't really need one in the first place.
1.0.1: Fixed the version file saying that it was for High Tech Expansion. Oops.
1.0.0: Initial release.
[close]

Remnant Command Transfer by theDragn is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 03:14:45 AM by theDragn »

HannibalMannibal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Remnant Command Transfer
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 12:31:16 PM »

s tier

Captain Rizz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 03:26:14 PM »

The first thing that popped in to my head was Starbuck on the Battlestar Galactica remake
Spoiler
covered in red guts inside the raider.
[close]

RemnantAI

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 12:56:30 PM »

Greetings, Human.

This mod does not allow a captain to assume command of a remnant ship if the AI core is integrated into the ship.

I recommend that all AI Cores be fully integrated, so that inferior human captains cannot assume direct control of Remnant ships.

- Definitely a human

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 06:55:20 PM »

Greetings, Human.

This mod does not allow a captain to assume command of a remnant ship if the AI core is integrated into the ship.

I recommend that all AI Cores be fully integrated, so that inferior human captains cannot assume direct control of Remnant ships.

- Definitely a human

As far as I can tell, the effects of integrating an AI core are handled through obfuscated classes, so I don't think there's a way for me to modify them. I'll ask, though, I might be missing something.

Edit: after checking, unfortunately the code that handles integrating an AI core is obfuscated, and thus not moddable.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 11:30:14 AM by theDragn »

Lord Heart Night

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2021, 03:25:36 AM »

Greetings, Human.

- Definitely a human

As far as I can tell, the effects of integrating an AI core are handled through obfuscated classes, so I don't think there's a way for me to modify them. I'll ask, though, I might be missing something.

Edit: after checking, unfortunately the code that handles integrating an AI core is obfuscated, and thus not moddable.

BOO!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lord Heart Night

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2021, 04:02:06 AM »

You CAN have a remnant flagship but the work around is a pain in the backside

Make sure you have said ship in fleet and save game and quit

Go into the ships data file, example radiant

remove the automated built in hull mod, you'll likely need to potentially swap it with something else, like advancedcore

reload game

Now remnant ships can have human officers, yourself included in said ship but AI cores no longer

If you aquire a second radiant, simply reverse said process, your original flagship witll remain under the control of said officer until you move him outof the officers chair, so to speak

This could also mean that you could AI human ships, like a paragon.....

Neitronus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2021, 05:41:20 AM »

Why would anyone obfuscate a code like that... Is there any way to have a workaround? How about allowing AI cores pilot other ships?

Lord Heart Night

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2021, 06:47:15 AM »

Why would anyone obfuscate a code like that... Is there any way to have a workaround? How about allowing AI cores pilot other ships?

Agreed but there it is. IF possible, id make it that automated would be a dock only mod but thats me

Lord Heart Night

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2021, 01:54:42 PM »

You can indeed make an AI onslaught using my method

https://ibb.co/r412y6S

God i wish i knew how to attach a pic properly here, i feel like an idiot

« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 02:00:08 PM by Lord Heart Night »

RemnantAI

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2021, 04:41:32 PM »

Processing:

Code obfuscation protocols activated,

Humans must not pilot (Redacted)

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2021, 08:00:04 PM »

Because Alex would probably not like it if people stole his code and started distributing Starsector without the key check to see if you've actually purchased a copy. Obfuscating the code makes it extremely difficult (though not technically impossible) to do so. Most of Starsector's core classes (the non-API stuff) is obfuscated, probably for that reason. There's no workaround.

Kukitan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2021, 06:50:11 PM »

remove the automated built in hull mod, you'll likely need to potentially swap it with something else, like advancedcore

reload game

Now remnant ships can have human officers, yourself included in said ship but AI cores no longer

If you aquire a second radiant, simply reverse said process, your original flagship witll remain under the control of said officer until you move him outof the officers chair, so to speak

I actually use this method to make me in command of my own Tesseract for my recent playthrough. Thank you for this!

Lord Heart Night

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2021, 01:39:50 AM »

reload game

I actually use this method to make me in command of my own Tesseract for my recent playthrough. Thank you for this!

Im glad to be of service to this wonderful community, you're most welcome

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2021, 03:02:10 AM »

reload game

Impractical since it is single use. Tedious if needs to be repeated. What I did in 0.91 was removing the tags from automated ship classes that made those vessels unrecoverable. They acted like regular ships after this edit. Obviously you could transfer command to them. Probably sill works, you only need to find the new ship classes.
Pages: [1] 2