Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Colony Building as a Victory Condition  (Read 515 times)

D00D

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Colony Building as a Victory Condition
« on: March 28, 2021, 06:11:57 AM »

The latest update has greatly boosted the variety and depth in colony building and it really feels like you can build a wide and varied empire based on Lostech that can dwarf the vanilla Factions eventually. I think that more people are enjoying this aspect and I feel that eventually, the endgame empire you build should deserve its on lore implications.

Thereofore, I think there could be an ending path related to colony building that is different from the usual beating up of a super-sector ending threat. With conditions and milestone such as reaching 10 Billion population Colony, producing X amount of fuel reliably, creating a garden planet to re-educate luddites etc. The end goal would be to reach such a beacon of stabilty and progress that you become an influencial enough political faction that you can bring everyone to the table to achieve sector wide peace. This may not be an immediate win, but uniting the Sector and putting all their minds and will towards stopping the Super-threat would be a good payoff.

At the end of the empire building, perhaps the player can be awarded a "Wonder" style building to commemerate the achievement and have a steady Story Point income to signfiy this achievement.