Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.95a-RC10] Game crashing when engaging fleets  (Read 757 times)

Aegir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.95a-RC10] Game crashing when engaging fleets
« on: March 28, 2021, 04:43:43 AM »

After the latest update whenever I try to make contact with a fleet there's a 50/50 chance of my game crashing to desktop. It's happened a lot with the bounty missions from my contacts especially. I looked into the log and this is what it gave me, if that helps

2922980 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["initialKnowsUniqueSide"] not found.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["initialKnowsUniqueSide"] not found.
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings.String(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getString(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.getString(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:3155)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionSelec ted(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:987)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.init(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:395)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0Oo.øõ0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0Oo.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0Oo.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.startEncounterInvolvingPlayerFleet(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["initialKnowsUniqueSide"] not found.
   at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
   at org.json.JSONObject.getString(JSONObject.java:577)
   ... 19 more

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.95a-RC10] Game crashing when engaging fleets
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 05:11:17 AM »

This happens when engaging multiple fleets with the secret unique ship.

Should be possible to work around by adding the following to starsector-core/data/strings/strings.json (bolded part):
      "initialKnows":"It's aware of your identity due to your $playerFleetOrShip's transponder being turned on.",
      "initialKnowsTOff":"Indications are that it's aware of your identity, despite your $playerFleetOrShip's transponder being turned off, likely due to having seen you recently.",
      "initialKnowsUnique":"Despite your $playerFleetOrShip's transponder being turned off, it appears to be aware of your identity - likely due to the presence of notable ships in your fleet.",
      "initialDoesntKnow":"It does not appear to be certain of your identity. Any hostilities will have a reduced impact on your reputation.",
      "initialKnowsSide":"They're aware of your identity due to your $playerFleetOrShip's transponder being turned on.",
      "initialKnowsTOffSide":"Indications are that they're aware of your identity, despite your $playerFleetOrShip's transponder being turned off, likely due to having seen you recently.",
      "initialKnowsUniqueSide":"Despite your $playerFleetOrShip's transponder being turned off, they appear to be aware of your identity - likely due to the presence of notable ships in your fleet.",
      "initialDoesntKnowSide":"They do not appear to be certain of your identity. Any hostilities will have a reduced impact on your reputation.",

(BTW Alex, I think you should make missing string errors return an error string like "ERROR: missing string [id]" rather than hard CTD)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a-RC10] Game crashing when engaging fleets
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 08:55:53 AM »

That's exactly right; fixed for the next hotfix.

(BTW Alex, I think you should make missing string errors return an error string like "ERROR: missing string [id]" rather than hard CTD)

Good call; did that.