Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vram allocation  (Read 4223 times)

Kesh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Vram allocation
« on: April 28, 2021, 07:40:45 AM »

How can I allocate mor Vram to starsector? I already did it with Ram but I don't know how to do it with Video ram (vram)

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Vram allocation
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 08:39:55 AM »

afaik you don't. there are only settings for adjusting RAM.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 08:52:55 AM »

This could be an issue with the game using the wrong video card.

It could also be a non-issue; a number of people (me included) are getting low vram warnings when there doesn't seem to be anything actually wrong. You can go into the game's main config file and turn the warnings off if that seems to be the case for you.

On MacOS, you get there via right-click on the app, select 'show package contents', then navigate to Contents/Resources/Java/data/config/settings.json - open that with a text editor, find the line that says "doRAMandVRAMChecksWhenRunningWithMods":false, and edit that false to true. Make sure you don't delete the comma after it, though.

On other operating systems, the path to that file will presumably be at least similar in structure.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Kesh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 08:58:30 AM »

This could be an issue with the game using the wrong video card.

It could also be a non-issue; a number of people (me included) are getting low vram warnings when there doesn't seem to be anything actually wrong. You can go into the game's main config file and turn the warnings off if that seems to be the case for you.

On MacOS, you get there via right-click on the app, select 'show package contents', then navigate to Contents/Resources/Java/data/config/settings.json - open that with a text editor, find the line that says "doRAMandVRAMChecksWhenRunningWithMods":false, and edit that false to true. Make sure you don't delete the comma after it, though.

On other operating systems, the path to that file will presumably be at least similar in structure.

Hmmmm maybe this is what I need. Thank you for this