Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 0.95a is Here!  (Read 2546 times)

jwarper

• Ensign
    • View Profile
0.95a is Here!
« on: March 26, 2021, 11:53:14 AM »

Thank you Alex and team!  Great job sprinting to the finish on this one! I have literally been checking in daily to see that version number pop up for the last 9 months  ;D
Very happy to see it to say the least!

Quick question:  Should we do a full uninstall/reinstall? Or can you just run the installer over your existing installation?

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: 0.95a is Here!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 11:59:26 AM »

I ran it over the exiting location and so far no issues.

Though i did find a terran with "freaking everything" right next to a cryo-sleeper in literally the third system i visited (including Corvus) so something must be messed up

Edit: Rich Farmland, Plentiful Organics, Moderate Rare Ore, Moderate Ore, Habitable, Mild Climate. Its.... its the god world.

Edit: 3 stable points but none of them with an existing domain system unfortunately. But like... Does that really matter that much?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 12:02:09 PM by Goumindong »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 12:02:08 PM »

I've always done a delete of the "starsector" folder (after backing up anything in mods that I want to keep for reference), but I don't know if thats strictly needed or not.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 12:15:38 PM »

Gounindong: If you're going to brag about that, at least share the sector seed & settings you used?
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 12:54:18 PM »

Gounindong: If you're going to brag about that, at least share the sector seed & settings you used?
MN-889306455701145252

edit; No mods

Spoiler
Bottom left section of the map next to the pulsar in the yellow star
[close]

Rishel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2021, 01:10:50 PM »

The update is indeed glorious and I found something crazy during exploration  ;D. Was a surprise but a welcome one!

Emailformygames

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2021, 03:04:58 PM »

Honestly I had to take a double take when I saw the blog post.  Couldn't believe it at first glance!

Thanks for the update Alex can't wait to give it a go!

Sebenko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2021, 03:21:13 PM »

haha, should have known, always get the urge to do another play through not long before a release comes out.

Steven Shi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2021, 04:38:57 PM »

Yay! Now to send Alex my annual email asking for the code because I have no idea where I keep it every 12+ months.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2021, 04:46:11 PM »

The update is indeed glorious and I found something crazy during exploration  ;D. Was a surprise but a welcome one!

Was it made by Ma Boy Google?

MaGicBush

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2021, 06:58:33 PM »

I got home from work and decided to check this forum randomly. I have checked once a week or so since late last year for a new version lol. Glad it's here! Now to find time to actually play it since my backlog is full atm since I got a PS5 a week ago, and X4 had a big DLC with a new patch lol. Brain overload. Thanks for the hard work Alex and team!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 07:14:52 PM by MaGicBush »

Hellya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2021, 07:33:04 PM »

I hit the the Starsector web link, something seemed different on the web page as soon as I opened it. It made my heart skip a beat. Sure enough .95a has released!

The fact that I can tell by the front page tells me I have been checking too often. I am not even sure what was different yet.

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2021, 11:58:05 PM »

what a thing to wake up to! praise alex! now to find all the new things :)

Thana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2021, 12:13:09 AM »

One piece of criticism that I'd like to make: considering the new contacts system, I think they should be visible on the Intel screen as a category. Maybe I've missed them - only played a few hours this morning - but I can't find one's contacts listed anywhere in the menus, meaning I'll just have to remember where they are. It's not a problem in the beginning, but may turn out to be unfortunate in the long run.

Some of the choices between skills seem quite tough, but I'm surprised at how quickly I'm levelling up - in the aforementioned couple of hours I already reached level 5, a third of the maximum level. I assume level-ups will slow down quickly, but it still seems pretty sudden.

I really like how using marines is an alternative to using money in some of the missions, and how I can use story points to improve my chances or get new alternatives. Very cool!

Overall, seems a definite improvement so far, but the above are a few things that raised my eyebrows so far. I'll probably report something else later because constructive criticism is useful, but make no mistake, despite my overall tone being critical here, I am and remain a fan of this game.