Other > Discussions

Games that bring back memories

(1/4) > >>

ShawnO:
What are some of the games that bring back memories of an era long gone? The ones that make you think of a time when things were simple & fun? For me those games include platinum pokemon, gta vice city, classic sims series & max payne. I'd love to hear your nostalgic game stories & the feeling of reminiscence they inspire within you.

Dex:
Counterstrike Beta 5.4 - The M4 had a scope! I havent even played GO but im aware my favourite maps arent official anymore.
Command and Conquer - that sound track. Couldnt pass GDI mission.... 6? until years later.
Total Annihilation - First time i ever played multiplayer game on my 14k baud modem. I won by nuclear conflagration, clutch destruction of anti missile defence by suicide commander. Fun times
The Dig - Awesome point and click
Sonic And Knuckles - What a game! you got more games by plugging it into other games! unique still.

Kakroom:
All of my old, old games were on a DS that my mommy took away when I was 10. There was a Transformers game on it I was really fond of.

Beyond that the closest I have to that sort of thing is probably a bunch of flash games like Armed With Wings, Feudalism, and Thing Thing that I played since i was a youngun. I was pretty sheltered so at the time I thought that was all PC's were capable of and to play the really cool stuff you needed something like an Xbox or a playstation. Assassin's Creed pretty much blew my mind all over the wall the first time I played it.

TJJ:
X-Wing, floppy disk version on my 486 DX2-66.

That was my first experience of a properly immersive 3D experience; prior to that all my gaming had been on my Amiga 1200/500+, or earlier still on my elder brother's Spectrum 48K.

Obviously I'd played flight sims, and Frontier: Elite 2 on my Amiga(s), but in comparison X-Wing was such a huge leap forwards in terms of cinematic experience, immersiveness & gameplay. Also being a huge sci-fi nerd gave it additional gravitas  ;D

Before that, I have very fond memories of The Settlers on the Amiga.
Nascent RTS, where success came through economy building & transport network optimization rather than direct confrontation.
I must've spent thousands of hours playing that game.

Mafa:
Ah yes - well, most will know the usual suspects: Command and Conquer Tiberium Dawn, Starcraft 1, GTA 1 and 2 among others.

But something really early and special would be Cyberdogs, Scorched Earth and Diggers. Simpler times!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version