Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Civilian Shipping  (Read 409 times)

RonEverson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Civilian Shipping
« on: March 03, 2021, 04:35:06 AM »

Hello All,
My first post since I got into Star Sector some time ago so hopefully my suggestion/idea will be of merit to bring something to the table as a non-modder/casual player with no knowledge of how to code/mod :)

Would it be plausible to consider a Mod adjustment/element or separate Mod for Civilian Transportation?
I noticed its overlooked and limited to an occasional F1 price check on Civilians/Crew if its work 'buying them to move somewhere else'.

I think it would be appropriate to put in place Civilian Shipping.
This would entail more dynamic price changes to the 'Crew/Troop' markets in basic OR if someone knows how to expand on it, a separate 'sub trade cattegory' in 'Visit the Planet' option maybe?
To obtain PASSENGER contracts from one plannet to the other ...just like 'Nod to the concerned person' type of Trade/Cargo missions.
(to sell tickets to move people from one place to the other)

Some sub quests could result in it as well like a follow up of some random 'pursue fleet' that is after someone you are carrying or wants to question you of the persons whereabouts where you flew the passengers to? to tell truth or lie ? with follow up later down the line?

There are many Passenger ships, shuttles, transports but are under utilised to their type of ship and such 'mini mod' would add a bit to the flavour of colonisation.

It could maybe also have a boost effect to 'GROWTH' of a plannet?
or reduction in Growth if you 'evacuate refugees'? from one planned to another one?

Of course passengers = tickets $$$ :)  or reputation raise/drops dependent from situation?

Option could be developed even further towards more locked and grim realities?
Passengers using supplies?
Passengers locked-into Passenger Ship 'Crew Cappacity' untill they get delivered to their destination? (they paid for tickets afterall?)
Passenger stow-aways?
OnBoard sabotage? (done by passengers of a faction you have low repute with?)
Ad-Hoc Admin or Officer recruitment option (a passenger may be interested to offer his skills to you?)
Refugees? (collected from plannets that got taken over by other corporation? to be moved to another planet - independent or of their old corporation?)
Political Refugess? ( % change to get a Base Administrator,Ambasador/Official of corporation that lost the planet on board to evac him/her to other loyal planet + a 'pursue fleet' after you who want to apprehand the person?)
Diplomatic Missions (Ambassador transportation from plannet to plannet + pirate / enemy corp interception)
Spy Transportation? (Shady Person among Passengers as mission/contract)
Blockade Running? (Troop Transportation into occupied plannet - could be accompanied with Cargo shipping as one mission = 1000 troops as passengers + 500 Heavy Armament to be Blockade rushed onto a plannets Black Market or to speak with a person/agent upon arrival)

...well you could also consider more grim option as well...Vent the Passengers (loss of reputation unless you are a grim pirate)
This could be combined with some kind of sub plot mission...to move passengers but enemy corporations wants someone dead on board and will pay you to vent all of them...

+ many many more ideas

It would bring some further 'life' into the Nex type of 4X 'universe sim' :)
and would give more meaning to Civilian Transports/Shuttles as ship type other than to expands the Crew Cap for colonisation reason.

Thanks for reading and consideration :)

I hope the above has some merit and someone from the modding community would find it interesting :)

Kakroom

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Civilian Shipping
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 07:27:42 AM »

There was a post suggesting civilian immigration ships a few days ago. Pirates! did something like this. I'm still totally into it. More simulation is always better, unless it's bad.