Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.96a] Boarding Util v.1.0.0 [YRUTL]  (Read 14214 times)

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Boarding Util v.1.0.0 [YRUTL]
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2021, 06:07:44 PM »

I was playing the new RYAZ update and fought Knight Templar ships. It would seem their unique shield type does not react well with the new boarding mechanic as I get a Fatal: null error occasionally when using the skill. Sadly, I'm not sure how to consistently replicate the CTD.
Hmm, I've never played with Knight Templar, so I'm afraid I'm unable to give any suggestions. But from a cursory look, it seems the mod is only updated to 0.8.1a, maybe that has something to do with it?

miles341

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2021, 07:31:09 PM »

I was playing the new RYAZ update and fought Knight Templar ships. It would seem their unique shield type does not react well with the new boarding mechanic as I get a Fatal: null error occasionally when using the skill. Sadly, I'm not sure how to consistently replicate the CTD.
Hmm, I've never played with Knight Templar, so I'm afraid I'm unable to give any suggestions. But from a cursory look, it seems the mod is only updated to 0.8.1a, maybe that has something to do with it?
It's currently doing Discord only updates, but it is updated to the latest version. Last update was actually only 10 days ago.

Digganob

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2022, 07:08:51 AM »

Hey, is it possible to use this utility to make a missile weapon or even a ship system that fires boarding pods that, on contact with a ship, start a boarding action? I was considering making a mod adding such boarding pods, so that all factions can take boarding actions.

P.S., would it be possible to make these boarding pods (which I suppose would essentially be missiles) able to pass through shields? I'd imagine it'd be the same way fighters are able to pass through shields.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2022, 04:16:18 AM »

Oh, unfortunately I don't know how knight templar ships work as I've never played with them. But you are likely talking about the lightning strike power right? If their special shield system somehow insisted that the ship has shield, but doesn't actually have a shield that I can reference for its effective arc, then that *might* cause a crash. I'll keep it in mind when updating this in the future, thanks!

Sheodoq

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2022, 03:07:42 AM »

Oh, unfortunately I don't know how knight templar ships work as I've never played with them. But you are likely talking about the lightning strike power right? If their special shield system somehow insisted that the ship has shield, but doesn't actually have a shield that I can reference for its effective arc, then that *might* cause a crash. I'll keep it in mind when updating this in the future, thanks!

Yeah Knight Templars have a "skin shield" that protects them and the Lightning Strike skill does not like it. Back in 0.9.1a, it caused a few crash to desktops until people learned that Knight Templar skinshields count. Of note, Knight Templar have a skill that pulses their shield and disables it. If you use Lightning Strike in the second before the shield recharge, it works fine and no crash.

I don't know of any mods with functional skinshields in 0.9.5a so it should be fine unless Knight Templar updates which seems highly unlikely.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 03:10:12 AM by Sheodoq »

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2023, 10:03:59 PM »

Update for 0.96
Download Here

This update coincides with the release of YRXP 3.0. Please note that YRXP 3.0 now requires Boarding Util.

Tokoro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Boarding Util v.1.0.0 [YRUTL]
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2023, 01:49:03 AM »

Just wanted to express my thanks to you for going out of the way and keep updating your mods.
Pages: 1 [2]