Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Are some stations meant to be economically disfunctional?  (Read 1531 times)

Vercinger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Are some stations meant to be economically disfunctional?
« on: March 09, 2021, 10:33:37 AM »

So, after noticing that Derinkuyu Mining Station in Galatia produces nothing because it has no deposits for its Mining industry to exploit, I decided to go check out the other stations to see if they have the special production buildings the wiki says they do.

Turns out they don't. All the special buildings are disabled. Some stations have regular buildings added to partially compensate, but some are left with no purpose.

--Tigra City has no production buildings. According to the wiki it should have 2 hydroponics complexes, which matches the description of "low-G space farms", but there's nothing of the sort there.
--Kanta's Den has only Light Industry. A very peculiar activity for a heavily defended pirate station with no nearby supply of organics. Wiki says it should have special buildings called "Organized Crime" and "Trace Center", in addition to an ore mining complex.
--The Lost Astropolis is another one with no production buildings. Wiki says it should have Organized Crime.
--Same with the Ragnar Complex, though that one is justified in that its description doesn't really suggest it has any production of its own.

Is this intentional? Is it just unfinished, to be fixed in a later version? Is my install of the game corrupted?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Are some stations meant to be economically disfunctional?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 10:42:33 AM »

"Low-g space farms", "Organised Crime" and "Trade Center" are old conditions from before economy rework. Wiki is outdated.
Ragnar Complex is justified, if I recall correctly, by simply being a military base. They need not be profitable. As for others, it's probably Alex not thinking the changes through.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 07:01:20 PM »

The real wacky one is Tigra City, whose description talks about miners but which has no mining.

Kanta's Den's light industry produces drugs (due to free port), which fits its story role.

Lost Astropolis could have value just from being a haven for illegal activity.

Incidentally, Nexerelin mod adds some industries to vanilla markets (ore mining on Tigra City, farming on Ancyra). I hadn't realized the mining problem with Derinkuyu, so I'll fix that in my mod as well.

TheWetFish

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 03:32:36 AM »

"Low-g space farms", "Organised Crime" and "Trade Center" are old conditions from before economy rework. Wiki is outdated.
I think that's all fixed up now, thanks to Caymon Joestar