Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: MassFarer - A Mass Effect mod for Starfarer, Version 0.25 (Updated 07/04/2012)  (Read 104044 times)

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Good day to all you gentlemen, ladies and other assorted titles one would wish to be addressed by. I shall begin by saying that this mod is by no means complete, near complete or in any stage final. Everything that is here at the moment is subject to change, tweakages and all other sorts of hilarity. Right, down to the main article, as it were.

Mass Effect, massively popular sci-fi action/RPG series developed by Bioware and published by EA that features space battles, unfortunately only in cinematics. I felt that the setting of Mass Effect would make for a marvellous mod for Starfarer, as I always wanted to be able to participate in these fights, and there is a rich amount of ships that are featured in the game, so finding a diverse fleet is a non-issue. So after pottering about with adding/editing ships and missions, I felt it was time to go in and do some real damage. The result is a mere glancing blow, due to time and creative retraints, but I think it shall suffice to entice appetites.

Currently all there is, is the mission of the SSV Normandy SR1 versus the Collector Ship, with the player using the Normandy. It is still using vanilla weapons, as I'm not that good an artist for stuff. The mission may not be all that good either, that's what feedback is for, but I hope that it proves to be something that has potential to become something much greater.

Oh, and another thing, the campaign will also start you off with the Normandy as well. Just because it would be nice to have.

Download Link:

MassFarer v0.01 for Starfarer v0.51a: Download - Outdated
MassFarer v0.15 for Starfarer v0.51a: Download - Outdated
MassFarer v0.25 for Starfarer v.051a: Download

Images

SSV Normandy - Systems Alliance prototype stealth frigate

Collector Ship - Gigantic ship capable of abducting the populations of whole colonies

Video

Mission gameplay by Sartek - Video shows off all 4 missions currently in, so yeah, many thanks to Sartek for getting the video made. In HD too! :D
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 02:26:28 PM by K-64 »

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: MassFarer - A Mass Effect mod for Starfarer, Version 0.01
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 09:23:29 PM »

the normandy either needs to be more maneuverable without hull-mods or needs more weapons/better turret arcs. The only reason i didn't die during my several attempts to fight anything was you stuck a pretty good shield on it.

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 02:22:27 AM »

I'm actually considering just removing the shields and chucking up the armour/hull points. Not 100% sure on that part yet though.

As for the maneuverability of the Normandy, I want it to be slightly tricky to fly, since apparenlty it was one of the more difficult ships to keep control of. Might increase weapon arcs though, the Collector ship certainly needs some tweaking as well, methinks

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 04:49:59 AM »

No, keep the shields on these things. Would be great to have them, but yeah, armor could use a small buff ;)

silentstormpt

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 07:05:46 AM »

Been trying to find the Quarian ships, but no luck so far, i remember ME2 having small models of those, if someone could get the 3D models of those then we could get a image from top view

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 07:26:11 AM »

Just a quick votey type thingie: Which of these cruisers would be more suiting for spritifying

or

Though at the moment the only really annoying part is getting new weapons in for the main guns of ships and/or underslung weapons (like on the Normandy)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 07:31:16 AM »

I'd vote for the first one.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 08:04:24 AM »

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 09:22:57 AM »

Heh. Just wanted to say that a mission involving the mass effect ships will be featured in my mod in the next update ;)

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 09:30:21 AM »

Are you trying to reduce my already too low productivity? :P

But in all seriousness, that does sound rather enticing

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 09:32:20 AM »

Well, it most certainly will increase your mods popularity :D, and it'll be a cool mission, atleast i hope so.

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 10:29:18 AM »

Well, it seems that this weapon I'm trying to add is being more resistant than I would like it to be. Are there any real extra matters to take into consideration concerning them?

EDIT: Nevermind, turns out it was OpenOffice being an idiot to me
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 12:09:13 PM by K-64 »

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 12:49:44 PM »

I'd be willing to do a big chunk the artwork for this mod if you can promise me that what I make won't go to waste.

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 01:10:26 PM »

What kind of artwork do you mean? I imagine a few of the weapons on the ships will have to be invisible, due to the underslung/generic high tech nature of them. I would like to have an extra set of hands on the team, but at the same time I would also like them to feel appreciated.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11