Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Tutorial improvement: Right click to set course tip  (Read 315 times)

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Tutorial improvement: Right click to set course tip
« on: February 26, 2021, 02:20:28 AM »

So I've been a bit bored the last couple of days and I've watched some new folks try their luck playing the game for the first time. And yes the tutorial is not perfect and needs much more work than this simple thing, but I believe this is super easy to put somewhere. Maybe just a pop up when the player first has to travel to a planet? 9/10 people left click something on the map, then that confuses them even more since it's a brand new screen they never saw before, and then you have to find the "lay in course" thingy (now that I think about it, this part of the UI looks really bad imo) so many proceed to do it this way each and every time. While just right clicking on a point of interest is much cleaner and easier to do.

This might be a late suggestion since the majority of QoL fixes are already finished (at least I think they are), but it's a very easy thing to add. I just hope in general that the new player experience got some love when we get to the final patch notes.
Please don't take me too seriously.