Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.97a] Persean Chronicles, a quest mod  (Read 132791 times)

Kaokasalis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Persean Chronicles, a quest mod (updated 2021-03-28)
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2021, 12:23:57 PM »

I hope we get to see more quests with Karengo in the future, I love his opportunism. Would be kind of cool to be able to get him as a contact also if you are planning future quests that involves him.

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2021, 02:12:24 PM »

Agreed. We haven't gotten to see more of him yet, but he's one of those people that is always on an adventure, even if it's not a good idea for him, and worse of an idea for those around him.

I'd like to redo the quests a little to work in story points (and other 0.95a quest things, like contacts as you mentioned) where they make sense, and add more quests along the way. My initial idea was to add a larger number of non-chained quests since the game had so few quests, but now that that's not true anymore, I'll aim to do more quest chains with recurring characters. Y'know, given time and motivation. I blame Nia for getting me back into Warframe and my free time hasn't been the same since.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Traumatan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2021, 01:13:07 AM »

I really liked the stories, thank you for creating them!

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2021, 02:04:45 AM »

"no anime" lmfao

Kaphraxus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2021, 06:00:24 PM »

Can this mod be added to a game in progress?

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2021, 08:25:23 PM »

Can this mod be added to a game in progress?

Yes, it can.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Manager: SMOL | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Kaphraxus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2021, 10:20:05 PM »

Excellent! Thanks.

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Persean Chronicles, a quest mod (updated 2021-04-14)
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2021, 02:29:42 PM »

2.0.2 (2021-04-04)
Fixed
    - Broken dialog if Nexerelin has the Freeport in hyperspace.
    - Added quests to the Accepted intel tag.

brandonvortex

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2021, 11:15:41 AM »

It was fun however i wanna see how the consequence goes if you do the wrong thing. For example in Dragonraiders questline if you abandoned them to their deaths, prior 20 days later their friends or family member will hunt you down, apparently they were concern about their missing friends, loves ones and husband or wife and found out they were dead during the dragonraiders questline when you left them behind. But just you thought you can get away from it the avengers discover a recording left by the victim (Karengo) before their deaths in hands of dragons. As Karengo detailing the player actions and betrayl to their deaths which they accused you for mudering them and you as a player must destroy them.

The railey questline is also give me an imagination if you do a bad choices. If you tip off the hegemony and get riley father destroyed (thanks to your actions of course) in 30 days later in any random encounters, railey will hunt you down with her own fleet as she told the player how her father were permenantly killed by hegemony and railey were put in jailed for the action. She realized that the pilot (thats you of course) must have tipped the hegemony, this where you defend yourself.

Theres actually more quest you can implemented, if a player do bad choices that got them killed or get them in trouble. a consequences will also inflict on the player.

Like the Laborer questline where an options were open during your journey to the location where you can simply grab the poor saps and throw him to the pod
then jettison him off the space to his death.

or a repeatable quest like

and adventurer seeking an adventure lifestyle on dangerous planet just like Karengo crew was
you can left them behind on the planet
get them out or while they on trek on their adventurer you can murder them by ordering your marines (required at least 10 marines) to do your dirty jobs
or you can simply do it yourself to kill them.

or kidnapped, simply take the adventuerer, but send them to pirates for organ haversting

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2021, 02:43:12 PM »

It was fun however i wanna see how the consequence goes if you do the wrong thing. For example in Dragonraiders questline if you abandoned them to their deaths, prior 20 days later their friends or family member will hunt you down, apparently they were concern about their missing friends, loves ones and husband or wife and found out they were dead during the dragonraiders questline when you left them behind. But just you thought you can get away from it the avengers discover a recording left by the victim (Karengo) before their deaths in hands of dragons. As Karengo detailing the player actions and betrayl to their deaths which they accused you for mudering them and you as a player must destroy them.

The railey questline is also give me an imagination if you do a bad choices. If you tip off the hegemony and get riley father destroyed (thanks to your actions of course) in 30 days later in any random encounters, railey will hunt you down with her own fleet as she told the player how her father were permenantly killed by hegemony and railey were put in jailed for the action. She realized that the pilot (thats you of course) must have tipped the hegemony, this where you defend yourself.

Theres actually more quest you can implemented, if a player do bad choices that got them killed or get them in trouble. a consequences will also inflict on the player.

Like the Laborer questline where an options were open during your journey to the location where you can simply grab the poor saps and throw him to the pod
then jettison him off the space to his death.

or a repeatable quest like

and adventurer seeking an adventure lifestyle on dangerous planet just like Karengo crew was
you can left them behind on the planet
get them out or while they on trek on their adventurer you can murder them by ordering your marines (required at least 10 marines) to do your dirty jobs
or you can simply do it yourself to kill them.

or kidnapped, simply take the adventuerer, but send them to pirates for organ haversting

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I would love to see things like that, too. My argument against doing things like that is that, unless players do multiple runs with the mod on or savescum, large numbers of players won't see it, and any time spent adding content like that is less time working on content that everybody is more likely to see. Everything takes me a long time to write and code.

There is, however, something like that for the Nirvana science quest, if you return to the planet much, much later.

Kahnmir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2021, 04:19:28 PM »

Hello, I am reporting a bug:

Game crashed on Karengo's second adventure, when it happened on a water planet that I had already surveyed and explored.

I don't remember the error it popped when it crashed, and couldn't find it in the game log (all three of them...), but hopefully this at least gives a clue, or perhaps the scenario can be recreated with console commands?

Anyway, I like the mod, it does give some life to the game, but I do have to wonder why the only options for the worker guy are to be a *** to him? or am I doing something wrong? I mean, giving someone a lift is something I practically do for free in a lot of the other missions, don't know why my only options are to harass the guy for cash. Seems weird.

Also, another thing that seems weird is that often the quests will chain trigger, If I go down to a bar and accept one of the mods quests, then go back down to the same bar another one of the mods quest will pop. Not sure this qualifies as a "bug" but it is weird and has happened more than once.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 12:57:48 PM by Kahnmir »

plebianweeb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2021, 08:52:12 AM »

The second part of kerangos quest is bugged causing game to crash i have attached the error pop up you can take a look if you want.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Wispborne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2021, 10:02:39 AM »

Hey, thanks for the crash reports.

Unfortunately, that's caused by a bug in vanilla. Alex has said that he will fix it in the next patch, but we don't know when that'll be.

More info here: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=21297.msg322223#msg322223

>  I do have to wonder why the only options for the worker guy are to be a *** to him? or am I doing something wrong? I mean, giving someone a lift is something I practically do for free in a lot of the other missions, don't know why my only options are to harass the guy for cash. Seems weird.

Fair criticism. Honestly I had the same reaction when I replayed that quest recently, ha. I was in a darker place when I wrote it; some future update will expand the options to let you react more normally.

beyondfubar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2021, 12:53:25 PM »

Reads some of description, Mmm quest mod in a sandbox? not sure if-- wait. no anime as a feature?

one hundred download clicks later.. I love this mod.

coolio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2021, 09:11:09 PM »

Good mod, was fun while our travels lasted Karengo. (how many missions with him)?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10