Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: what are outposts  (Read 5307 times)

Gherr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
what are outposts
« on: February 13, 2021, 10:54:23 AM »

maybe this is part of a mod ? basically im not far enough along to support a colony.  but i did find a perfect world that i want to claim , so to speak, and im wondering if an outpost is the way to go, which i can afford.  ?

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: what are outposts
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 05:40:24 PM »

Outpost has an up-front cost & a monthly cost. It creates a storage & a waystation on the location but nothing more. Its handy because the waystation will "sell" you supplies & fuel by charging you their value at the end of the month. If the system is far from the core worlds and you forgot to check your fuel reserves, it can save your fleet by "selling" the fuel that you need to get home.

It doesn't help the colony that you are going to build later but you can dismantle it and get most of the costs back. The storage area could allow you to bring in the colonists with multiple trips instead of needing 1000 all at once. You could even bring in large quantities of basic resources for your colony, preventing them from starting off starving & unstable.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 05:43:31 PM by IonDragonX »

Gherr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: what are outposts
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 05:52:16 PM »

Outpost has an up-front cost & a monthly cost. It creates a storage & a waystation on the location but nothing more. Its handy because the waystation will "sell" you supplies & fuel by charging you their value at the end of the month. If the system is far from the core worlds and you forgot to check your fuel reserves, it can save your fleet by "selling" the fuel that you need to get home.

It doesn't help the colony that you are going to build later but you can dismantle it and get most of the costs back. The storage area could allow you to bring in the colonists with multiple trips instead of needing 1000 all at once. You could even bring in large quantities of basic resources for your colony, preventing them from starting off starving & unstable.
thanks  :D