Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: How to make starfarer more epic :)  (Read 13135 times)

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: How to make starfarer more epic :)
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 09:37:06 AM »

Yeah.....he must have been working on some of the game dev companies, or an animated movie team. Haven't seen that good animation on a long time.

Or he just has a lot of time on his hands....   :P

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 09:40:02 AM »

Lot of time on ones hands dosen't mean the result will be good :P

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 09:42:21 AM »

True, but lots of time combined with a good amount of talent and the right software can equal some pretty awesome stuff...

My brother fools around with Adobe After Effects and he has made some pretty nifty stuff, it just takes him quite a lot of time to do so, as it is time consuming work...

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 09:54:27 AM »

True, but let's stick on topic, don't want to end up like that first ponies mod topic xD, but yeah, such explosions would be awesome.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 01:20:18 AM »

No one got any more suggestions?

stardidi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 04:38:35 AM »

i completely agree that there could be a bit more variety in the explosions, with possible secondary's (which cause damage to you/surroundings?)

I think that "feeling" of fighters and battles will change when there are more objective based fights.
with, say, fighting over a planet or a station. This will probably increase the feeling of the battle as well.
like the Star wars battles or indeed the second video.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 01:27:43 AM »

Bumping this thread up because its still an active question/suggestion.

Instead of necroing it ;D

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 02:10:45 AM »

High explosive and kinetic weapons pushing around smaller ships (IE, Gauss Cannon hits a Wolf on it's front, Wolf goes into spin from the force of the projectile)

It would IMO add a considerable bit of awesome to big capital ship battles as it would emphasise how massive the weapons are in the battle (think of having to constantly correct the orientation of your ship in these huge battles)
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Dreyven

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2012, 02:45:53 AM »

High explosive and kinetic weapons pushing around smaller ships (IE, Gauss Cannon hits a Wolf on it's front, Wolf goes into spin from the force of the projectile)

It would IMO add a considerable bit of awesome to big capital ship battles as it would emphasise how massive the weapons are in the battle (think of having to constantly correct the orientation of your ship in these huge battles)

Put aside the fact that i don't believe that any projectile could have enough impact force to push other ships around given that the projectiles are really lightweight compared to a frigate.

What happens to energy weapons...
you have to somehow even out this huge advantage or energy weapons are just not worth their high OP costs anymore

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2012, 03:08:48 AM »

And then add on the ability for ships to slowly explode with secondary explosions going off first and then going nova. Now that would be awesome to see.

Deathven

• Commander
  • "Contigo ergo sum" - Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »

I completely agree with everything that has been agreed upon thus far.  A variety of explosions would give the game a lot of life to it. Plus, I would like to see those capital ships get epically blown up AND still blind me when I am playing this game late at night!!! >:D

SwipertheFox

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2012, 12:00:03 PM »

I completely agree with everything that has been agreed upon thus far.  A variety of explosions would give the game a lot of life to it. Plus, I would like to see those capital ships get epically blown up AND still blind me when I am playing this game late at night!!! >:D

LMAO!!!  Yes please dont take out the blinding white flash when a ship explodes.  That never gets old.  8)

Deathven

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2012, 12:09:06 PM »

LMAO!!!  Yes please dont take out the blinding white flash when a ship explodes.  That never gets old.  8)

Is there not a more satisfying moment of being blinded by a huge ship exploding?!

Zani

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2012, 10:36:51 AM »

The bright white flash brings a massive feeling of satisfaction when you blow up a massive ship. If this doesn't happen already, maybe Ship's AI should change when certain ships are destroyed. Maybe Capital Ships go defensive when several frigates are destroyed or All the frigates go onto retreat when all Capital ships are destroyed?

Deathven

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2012, 11:56:21 AM »

The bright white flash brings a massive feeling of satisfaction when you blow up a massive ship. If this doesn't happen already, maybe Ship's AI should change when certain ships are destroyed. Maybe Capital Ships go defensive when several frigates are destroyed or All the frigates go onto retreat when all Capital ships are destroyed?

Interesting... Though isnt this really already a mechanic?
Pages: 1 [2] 3