Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: MesoTroniK Donation Drive  (Read 51969 times)

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: MesoTroniK Donation Drive
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2021, 02:02:32 PM »

Yes

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2021, 02:29:18 PM »

Indeed it is.

the volkflower

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2022, 06:12:27 PM »

Pitched in mate.

tedesco

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2022, 02:11:45 PM »

Good luck!

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2022, 07:55:50 PM »

Hello everyone, I am here to make a post I really would do almost anything to not have to do but it is no longer an option unfortunately.

While the original post of this thread was totally to my surprise, and not something I would have ever done myself back then. It ended up ultimately saving both myself and my senior mother, and the property we live on which is something I will be forever thankful for to Midnight Kitsune and the Starsector community at large. However times keep changing... For the worse, which is probably rather predictable to anyone else who has ever been down a similar road themselves.

As much as it pains me to do this, I am here once again to ask for financial assistance and or work, and this time doing so myself. From anyone who can / wants to. Life is so absurd, in some ways things are better than back then, and in some ways worse. I actually have more potential remote work opportunities than at any past point in my life! But is actually more than I can do with her degrading physical and mental health and other extenuating circumstances that consume more and more time. There is only so much time in the day, and barely scraping by as I am now just isn't good enough especially with what recently happened.

I live in the desert, Arizona which is an amazing state but something I been kicking down the road for a long time is my rooftop packaged air conditioner. It is from the 90s and amazingly, unlike most air conditioners that last around 15 years or so, still works. So I kept kicking that can down the road rather than replacing it because it continued working and my maintenance of it kept it floating along. However it is currently giving up the ghost, parts are rusting through, the coolant it uses is no longer available and neither are its spare parts, at least easily. And even if it COULD be repaired, due to its advanced age it wouldn't even be worth it.

Picture
Spoiler
[close]

In short it is screwed. And even a repairman I had look at it told me as such and they speak the truth. It isn't even full summer yet, it gets to about 100 degrees during the day when at the peak of this season is closer to 120. And already it is running basically non-stop, the air it pushes not even very cold and it will not survive this season most likely and who knows how much longer it will keep limping along for. If it was just myself I would tough it out but I cannot put my senior mother through that, it would literally kill her. Also due to the rooftop nature of the AC unit, the price to replace it is SIGNIFICANTLY more than ground level ones or mini splits due to needing heavy equipment to get it up there and installed. The estimate is around $6,000 USD according to some of the quotes I got. And that is around the average price as well due to getting multiple quotes from different outfits.

Quotes
Spoiler

[close]

So here I am, unfortunately once again with little choice and as much as it hurts to do this I see little other option. I unfortunately chose to kick this can down the road and it wore out at the lowest point of my life so far. And even working on various freelance music and soundFX every, single, day? I have no chance of affording its replacement when I also have to care for her. For anyone else who ever has to take care of senior family members with Alzheimers / Dementia? I wish with all my heart, that you have help doing so. Family, friends, The State... ANYTHING but doing it alone while also trying to make a living.

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2022, 04:38:47 AM »

Gave what I could. I hope you reach your goal Meso AC is so much more important for seniors!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2022, 01:12:24 PM »

Likewise! I hope this gets a little more traction.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2022, 01:27:56 PM »

Damn where's the "money doesn't solve everything" people now. Maybe not every single thing but it sure does help with 99.99% of your problems and helps avoid the living hell. Your situation is something I wouldn't even wish upon my worst enemy, it's incredible how you're still fighting with everything you have, I'd have fallen apart long ago if I was in your shoes. Stay strong Meso, your mother raised a great individual <3
Please don't take me too seriously.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2022, 12:08:51 AM »

Damn where's the "money doesn't solve everything" people now. Maybe not every single thing but it sure does help with 99.99% of your problems and helps avoid the living hell. Your situation is something I wouldn't even wish upon my worst enemy, it's incredible how you're still fighting with everything you have, I'd have fallen apart long ago if I was in your shoes. Stay strong Meso, your mother raised a great individual <3

Money technically dont solve everything. But without them all problem which could be solved without them are unsolvable.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2022, 11:07:13 PM »

Money isn't everything... Unless you don't have it.

Anyways, thank you all so much once again! It really is helping and I am getting all teary eyed just trying to think of something more meaningful to say and failing to do so. Just gotta keep trucking along.

soggywheat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2022, 08:25:41 PM »

Sent some money. I hope it helps.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2022, 08:41:35 PM »

Well, the air conditioner has finally been replaced, through a combination of assistance rendered and me working even harder every, single, day. I've literally been turning gray in the head lol... And developing mysterious chest pains that, while still present, have lessened somewhat since the crisis has been dealt with and I can relax a bit. But even "relaxing" for me is caretaking for her 12-16 hours a day. It just means less work after the fact and still have to pay bills which is such a tall order.

It is what it is, and I am doing my best and I want to extend my deepest thank you to everyone in this community.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2022, 07:49:01 PM »

Just going to note here that Meso is and always has been a stand-up guy who helps other modders out tirelessly in his free time. I wouldn't have made it nearly as far with any of my nonsense if he hadn't stepped in and shared code and design advice with me early on; it really can't be said often enough or loudly enough how much of our whole big, vibrant mod ecosystem is built on the volunteer labor of guys like Meso who don't just make great stuff themselves, but try to give something back to the rest of us.

And little bits of cash here and there really do add up; five or ten bucks from a hundred people is a substantial chunk of change. Every little bit helps.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2022, 10:37:15 PM »

It is always something, and things can change so quickly... I don't even understand how this occurred and happened so quickly (in a span of less than two days) but I am certainly getting a crash course on bed sores. Which is bizarre as I do my best to keep her active within reason and yet, here we are. They are something that has to be taken extremely seriously as they can easily become dangerous and fatal if they fester for those that do not know much of them.

More info here
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/bedsores
For those that do know of them at least somewhat there is one stage 2 ulcer and one stage 1, and they cannot be allowed to progress any further! An endeavor I am succeeding at thus far but this requires to be able to keep buying the supplies...

I was predicting they would cost about 60 dollars a week to treat, but it has proven to be more like 80. The wound dressings for them, which are basically extremely thick bandages, are crazy expensive and I go through many of them for probably obvious reasons. In addition I need to shift her position at a minimum of every two hours and this includes while she sleeps, so yea that is the final nail in the coffin of my sleep schedule...

Anyways I don't think I need to mention more as prior posts have more details on the overall situation and any help rendered in this dark time of my life would be beyond appreciated.

FullyAutomaticWafflePress

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2022, 10:02:00 PM »

@MesoTronik

Hey man, I heard about the situation and I wish I could help more. I work as an RN in Nevada, and Arizona's so close yet still so far. I don't know necessarily all the details of different ways you've tried to make ends meet, so I hope I'm not telling you something you already know.
But, there's a national home health agency I used to work for called Team Select Home Care with their HQ in Phoenix, and in Arizona they have this program called the Family Licensed Health Aide (LHA) Program where you can be certified by the company to be an LHA and then get paid to provide the care you already do for free.

The Team Select website.
https://tshc.com/arizona-lha/

Some more details on the laws regarding LHAs in Arizona
https://azahcccs.gov/PlansProviders/OtherProviderProgramsAndInitiatives/LHA.html

I'll be praying for you and your mom and pitching in whatever I can man.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6