Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: MesoTroniK Donation Drive  (Read 52592 times)

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: MesoTroniK Donation Drive
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2023, 03:04:26 AM »

Due to living overseas (and a busted attempt to make a paypal account that I can't fix) I'm unable to send in money for the donation drive, despite wanting to. I've spoken to Meso multiple times in the past, and have been unable to help shoulder his burdens. I've been pretty frustrated about it for a while. However, due to the kind generosity of Network Pesci (and his better geographical position) I was able to organise some assistance for the drive.

Even if you can't help directly, I strongly encourage others to encourage others to help - you're not alone in this, there will always be people that are willing to help, you just need to find them.

basileus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2023, 11:45:49 AM »

Meso, you have signed up for Medicaid, right?

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2023, 12:25:04 PM »

Meso, you have signed up for Medicaid, right?
No he hasn't and has been unable to as well due to him being above the so called "poverty line" that is set so low it isn't even usable for most... And what is worse is that in some states, I'm not sure about Arizona, it is an all or nothing thing... I'm speaking from my experience from when I was helping and living with my father when he had cancer so I know what he is going through.

There is more info on the GoFundMe page:
Spoiler
"Additional information and material:

Why not ask the government for help? I've tried and we were shot down for making "too much" money as in just above the poverty threshold for a two-person household. Apparently, the state of Arizona and the Feds think you can live on just meager Social Security and some inconsistent income from commission work while also taking care of a dementia patient and the enormous cost of living that incurs. Because surely the cost of living is the same for everyone right? "
[close]
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Erlkonig

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2024, 06:56:08 PM »

Finally got around to helping with what I could, late as it may be. Hang in there buddy!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]