Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Guessing the 0.95a progress  (Read 2530 times)

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Guessing the 0.95a progress
« on: January 28, 2021, 08:08:33 AM »

I think Alex has done all the major mechanic and code overhauls.
Now all's left is QOL and Story/Art.
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Guessing the 0.95a progress
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 08:25:58 AM »

Well David does art and a large chunk of the story, and I remember seeing somewhere that most of the writing is done (maybe I just imagined it). So that part shouldn't impact Alex too much, but the question is how time consuming will be all the polish of the new content, as will bug hunting and fixing. The only way we can be sure what we both said is true, is if we don't get any more development blog posts. And IF there's something more then it'll be truly one hell of a wait.

From the looks of things, even Tart may have missed his February prediction. I mean we're probably going to get another set of patch notes before the final push when most of the playtesting will be done, so that's another month give or take.
Please don't take me too seriously.

sector_terror

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 11:57:06 AM »

I'm with grevious. Judging by development cycle I think the major overhauls are finished and the rest is QA testing and securing which, pending on luck, will end between February and April. It's a guess of course and running by the previous history of updates Given the change in the blog, it's possible the development cycle changed a bit, so we'll see.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 12:00:22 PM »

I am going to guess 8. 8 of what? Who knows. But the progress is definitely 8. My guess is locked in

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 12:24:23 PM »

Well David does art and a large chunk of the story...

Also some coding now as a part of implementing said story missions, since... I think early last year? No, I see I was going back and forth with Alex about details at the end of 2019, but it's in 2020 that I made a serious effort to drop additional freelance clients so I could focus more on Starsector. Long story story: in 2020 I started seriously helping on implementing content in code and got my own work situation to a place where I could double or more the time I put into Starsector vs my monthly averages through 2019.

In short, more Starsector good.

Kriby

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2021, 12:53:13 PM »

Nafensoriel

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 01:31:37 PM »

Eh I'm hopeful. I have a private bet April 4th, 2021.
Though it really doesn't matter since its basically a crack addict waiting on crack type thing.

sector_terror

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2021, 02:03:54 PM »

Eh I'm hopeful. I have a private bet April 4th, 2021.
Though it really doesn't matter since its basically a crack addict waiting on crack type thing.

If I had to put a date down, that's not a bad bet. Especially now. Im curious when you made that bet.

Nafensoriel

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2021, 03:12:50 PM »

June last year honestly. It started with a debate at a remote work site about starsectors development and ended with a coworker an I taking an informal bet. They said November 2021 I said April 2021.

The 4th day is just because I'm feeling lucky now. :D

sector_terror

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2021, 04:59:38 PM »

June last year honestly. It started with a debate at a remote work site about starsectors development and ended with a coworker an I taking an informal bet. They said November 2021 I said April 2021.

The 4th day is just because I'm feeling lucky now. :D

Fair, though I'd say the 10-15th would be the better day given the released are usually mid-month. either way I think November is a far shot given development history. And with David admitting he's helping more than the usually it only hedges your bet. I'm sticking to february.

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2021, 12:41:14 PM »

Well David does art and a large chunk of the story...

Also some coding now as a part of implementing said story missions, since... I think early last year? No, I see I was going back and forth with Alex about details at the end of 2019, but it's in 2020 that I made a serious effort to drop additional freelance clients so I could focus more on Starsector. Long story story: in 2020 I started seriously helping on implementing content in code and got my own work situation to a place where I could double or more the time I put into Starsector vs my monthly averages through 2019.

In short, more Starsector good.

So its 8 right?