Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin Queued 1.1.0/DEFUNCT  (Read 8851 times)

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Nexerelin Queued 1.1.0/DEFUNCT
« on: January 28, 2021, 07:18:25 AM »

THIS MOD IS NOW DEFUNCT AS NEXERELIN HAS INTEGRATED IT INTO ITSELF WITH MY PERMISSION.

So, with histidine's permission, I've queued all non-essential intel of Nexerelin. No more incessant intel spam in the outer rim! (NOTE: All player agent intel is added for functionality.) The Nexerelin 0.9.8 version will be in the NEXT nexerelin update. When that happens, this post will be deleted.

If you're interested in a somewhat early and unpolished BUT STILL FUNCTIONALversion of the Nexerelin 2.9.8 queued, you can download the zip at the github: https://github.com/nikothedude/Nexerelin

THE NEW VERSION MOVES THE VERSIONS INTO THE CONFIG. THIS IS NOT USABLE WITH NEX-IT IS A COMPLETE REPLACEMENT FOR NEX!

TODO: Deal with the new dynamic of rarer missions (maybe make them expire after a longer time?), find a way to queue alliance intel (this isn't much of an issue; alliance intel is infrequent enough to land on my list of low priority intel), make a version up-to-date with the latest nexerelin version, do something about the massive amounts of intel stacking that can happen, move the project onto github and (hopefully) get it implemented as config option into base nex

Changelog
Spoiler
Version 1.0.0: Initial release
Version 1.0.1: Queued more intel (I may have been sorta lazy with this one, PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS! However there really shouldnt be any issues, I just kinda spaced out halfway through.)
Version 1.0.2: Queued defense fleet intel, cleaned up the folder, removed unused options, and made the src.zip have .java files, not .class.
Version 1.0.3: i made a dumb mistake with the standard version that broke everything. i fixed it.
Version 1.1.0: Completely removed 99% of Nexerelin files, code, you name it. All that remains is the (almost) essentials. Reduced file size by 80%! Added a tip! NOW USABLE WITH NEXERELIN! In fact, it doesn't work WITHOUT nexerelin. Added crashcode so you can't run both versions at once. Fixed a random bit of debug code I had lying around. Made the mod IDs unique. Fixed a bug that caused the mods to not appear in the mod list.
Version 1.2.0: Added version checker functionality
[close]

Explanation
Spoiler
"Added" intel is intel you receive instantly. These are things such as damage repair reports, income reports, AI inspections. Nexerelin, by default, sets almost EVERYTHING to be added. Queued intel is only added when the player is within range of a comm relay, or removed from the queue when a specific criteria is met. This mod sets most Nexerellin intel to be queued.
[close]

But won't this cause imbalance?
Spoiler
Yes! But, it can be mitigated; just build comm relays whenever you want to receive intel.
[close]

I can't find disrupt or conquest missions anywhere!! Is this a bug?!
Spoiler
Nope! Due to the way missions work, ALL MISSIONS are only viewable (when queued) when you are near the system the mission is targeting. A jangala conquest mission will only appear when you are near jangala!
[close]

Important legacy versions

This is here, and not in mods, mostly because I only *just* got the mod fully functional. I'm still bughunting and polishing it up! This is also my very first legitimate mod, so, please excuse any dumb things in this post. I hereby deem this amateur coding project ADEQUETE!

I give full permission to histidine to use this modification for their own mod, however I encourage them to contact me if they choose to implement this into their mod!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 06:12:48 AM by NikoTheGuyDude »

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin Queued (BETA MODIFICATION, NOT ORIGINAL WORK)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 02:07:06 PM »

Updated to 1.0.1, queued more intel.

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 02:11:07 PM »

Oh, and, if anyone has any requests or ideas for intel to be queued/added or for intel to have a specific implementation, I'm all ears, that's why I posted here!

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 02:24:02 PM »

I also forgot to mention, I couldn't be bothered to keep the functionality of the "diplomacyEventFilterLevel" and "agentEventFilterLevel" options. The way they're built doesn't work with queued intel. So, you can't hide diplomacy/agent intel selectively. Sorry!

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 03:18:46 PM »

Update: 1.0.2. This *should* make the .src folder actually have .java files.

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2021, 06:29:44 PM »

Added a light version, with most important intel added instead of queued. Sat bombs included!

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 06:08:13 PM »

Alright, I think this is "ready" for a full release (ready in the sense that it's 100% playable and I can't think of any other things to test it on.)

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin Queued (NEXERELIN v0.9.7c MODIFICATION)
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2021, 06:00:30 PM »

Update: 1.1.0. File size reduced massively, crashes when both versions are used, makes it usable WITH NEXERELIN!!! and removes a bit of debug code I had lying around. Read the changelog for more details and misc changes!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2021, 06:17:25 PM by NikoTheGuyDude »

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin Queued 1.1.0 (NEXERELIN v0.9.7c MODIFICATION)
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2021, 08:26:48 PM »

Update: 1.2.0. Adds version checker functionality.

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin Queued 1.1.0 (NEXERELIN v0.9.7c MODIFICATION)
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2021, 11:38:45 AM »

Released a beta version for the next nex update; this should hopefully fix the potential crash that some users are facing when relief fleets are generated.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 03:13:45 PM by NikoTheGuyDude »

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Nexerelin Queued 1.1.0/New Nex Beta
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2021, 08:14:13 PM »

Moved old versions to legacy, we 0.9.8 now baby!

Netu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2021, 05:44:05 AM »

I know I saw the download links to this yesterday.  I was reinstalling and now I seem to not see them.  Should we just download the zip from the linked Github for the latest?  Or are all downloads in the legacy section of the OP now?  Sorry for a silly question--memory isn't what it used to be.

NikoTheGuyDude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 06:09:38 AM »

Yeah, the github is the latest version. The legacy versions are just for people who want to use the old nexerelin versions.

Netu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2021, 06:21:47 AM »

Yeah, the github is the latest version. The legacy versions are just for people who want to use the old nexerelin versions.

OK, groovy, thank you very much!  Very excited to actually play with this mod and I appreciate you making it!

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2021, 07:46:42 PM »

Omg I have been loving this mod. The mods have such a good feature to have with Nexerelin !!!
Pages: [1] 2