Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Commission combat rewards involving the player faction's ships  (Read 396 times)

YAZF

• Commander
    • View Profile
Commission combat rewards involving the player faction's ships
« on: January 25, 2021, 05:53:33 PM »

Currently, the player gets reduced rewards from commissions if an engagement involves allied ships. The more damage your fleet does, the larger percentage of the payout they get. This makes sense if say you are aiding a fleet of allied independents against some pirates. However if the only allied ships are also from your personal faction I feel like you should get a full 100% payout. I just defended my colony against a large invasion fleet where I had an orbital station to help defend. At the end of the hard fought battle I see my commission rewards were only ~50% because my own station did so much damage. I know it isn't a huge thing but it just FEELS weird that it works that way.

(Sorry if this has already been brought up)
Dear Alex,
There should be a battlestation/star fortress fight in the main menu mission mode.  :)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Commission combat rewards involving the player faction's ships
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 06:16:55 PM »

Ah, hmm - interesting, wasn't actively aware of this. One complication is that an "easy" way of fixing this will also increase post-battle salvage in these kinds of situations, but... that seems ok/probably good, actually. So: thank you, done!