Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Is this game dead?  (Read 39543 times)

Psycho Society

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: It totally isn't.
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2021, 02:02:58 AM »

The update is close. I can feel it in my bones, like aching joints before stormy weather.

agreed. i know the feeling

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Is this game dead?
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2021, 03:07:52 AM »

I apologize in advance for using google translate.
The game is alive as long as the modding community pours in new content, which is fun to play over and over again.

Based on the time since the previous update, the time spent polishing and adding new content is likely to bring us a huge improvement. It's like switching from update 0.6 to 0.7 - the game has just changed, and I'm generally silent about the early updates.

Honestly, though, an updated list of additions and changes would be welcome. All the same, enough time has passed since the last released update, and everyone who played has passed (if I may say so) the game countless times.
Yes I agree. The update can wait until this December for all we care but we all need updated changelogs to theorycraft and give feedback on changes.
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Nemestrinus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2021, 07:31:24 AM »

The update is close. I can feel it in my bones, like aching joints before stormy weather.
I think that's just wishful thinking. If the update was close we would have gotten some news already. We just have to be patient...

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2021, 08:57:55 AM »

devurandom

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2021, 09:12:20 AM »

I think that's just wishful thinking. If the update was close we would have gotten some news already. We just have to be patient...
We do have patch notes and a confirmation that Alex has reached the playtesting phase.

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2021, 09:19:33 AM »

I don't recall any particular advanced notice before the release of 0.9.  I don't see why 0.95's release would be different.

sector_terror

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2021, 12:30:29 PM »

We do have patch notes and a confirmation that Alex has reached the playtesting phase.

What confirmation? This is news to me

Mortrag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2021, 01:50:50 PM »

What confirmation? This is news to me

Well, Histidine already stated here on the 30.09.2020 that playtesting is confirmed via Twitter, although I'm not sure to which tweet he/she is referring.
Then there is Alex's tweet from the 09.10.2020 which looks like some sort of testing is going on. Not sure if this satisfies you.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 04:04:25 PM by Mortrag »

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2021, 05:14:55 PM »

While Alex is playtesting rn, it's a bit silly to guess how close the update is. Given the amount of stuff that needs a look through (new skill balance, balance of new ships/weapons, typos in new content, etc.) playtesting could last any amount of time.

Psycho Society

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 01, 2021, 12:48:33 PM »

well, we have a pretty broad interpretation of "close" here too. 

Flet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 01, 2021, 02:46:35 PM »

It simply exists outside of our conception of time. Once every cycle of the universe it awakens to progress forward one step.

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2021, 02:44:32 PM »

That's arthritis. See a doctor.

sector_terror

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2021, 11:23:50 PM »

That's arthritis. See a doctor.

Maybe an old one is near and he senses it. Oh dear god, Alex is from Ryloth. It all makes sense now.

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2021, 10:58:57 AM »

Well, I wouldn't comment on that topic that was created by a soul desperate for updates from the starsector, and decided to kill him with his thirst and expectation. How anxious I am for the updates of the mods I use, which are few, around 80. But there is no lack of starsector for defenders, supporters and lovers. It is enough to have read everything ascima to understand that, it is part of the life of many, even if they are not satisfied. I'm also looking forward to the promised updates, but I am happy to fill the game with mods and only stop when I reach level 60, the memory fills I have a drop in fps, the game does not save, then I stop, I look for updates of the mods I update it one by one, until I play again and scream and scream alone against the enemies I'm fighting. Congratulations to Alex for the great game, it inspired great modders to make works of art such as: ApproLight, Better Colonies, Concordance of Protection Syndicate, Diable Avionics, Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering, Kadur, Nexerim and many others of the same qualities.
This topic proved one thing: that starsector is not dead, but what has a fan you can’t even count !!! Congratulations to everyone for participating in this world that is the STARSECTOR.

Psycho Society

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2021, 08:39:06 AM »

thank you. congratulations to you too, comrade
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12