Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: [0.9.6] Caymon's Ship Pack v1.2.1  (Read 206545 times)

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Caymon's Ship Pack v1.1.5
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2022, 11:32:57 PM »

Nex agents? is that another mod i need to get?

It’s in Nexerelin

PizzaInSpace

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2022, 01:54:56 AM »

alright time to get another mod
Seeing a paragon with gigacannons and kinetic blasters scaring a radiant was very unexpected.

ModdedLaharl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2022, 09:38:10 PM »

The Vritra is completely awful and needs to be if not completely reworked, then just removed. I get that it's a sort of puzzle enemy, but against serious remnant fleets where I can't really get behind it since it has several friends, it's just an invulnerable tank, which is the last thing the Remnant need.

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Caymon's Ship Pack v1.2.0
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2022, 09:58:22 AM »

Return of the King

V1.20 is out

Includes:

10 New Ships, 3 Remnant, 7 For the Diktat/LG, LG Versions based on ships from around the modverse.
5 Ships Redesigned to Look Better
Balance and stuff like that
Vritia has been Nerfed
XIV Remnant converted into a MagicBounty
New Hullmod for Phase Ships
One of the New ships wont spawn without Arma enabled
Not Save Comp most likely

If you have any feedback, let me know here or on discord.

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2022, 12:19:25 PM »

Actually is save compatible but cool I been waiting for an update.

Quartofel

• Ensign
  • No Fun, Not Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2022, 02:59:09 AM »

Would you mind if I'd make Arma Armatura add-on for the fighters from your mod?

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2022, 05:16:59 AM »

Would you mind if I'd make Arma Armatura add-on for the fighters from your mod?

Thanks for the offer but I already have Arma Addons that I added myself. I can make my own pilotable fighters if needed.

TheLemu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2022, 01:20:55 AM »

The "People who call others degenerates are degenerates themselves." in-game tip you've added seems like a colossal cope to me lmao

darkwarrior1000

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2022, 05:53:16 PM »

Remnants don't to slot in safety overrides. Their OP count is also supposed to be very tight to counteract this exactly. Due to lacking these checks both destroyers come out broken as all hell. to put it into perspective, vritra has as much OP as a brilliant. Beyond that, luster and luminous are severely overtuned for what they are with luster being outright mechanically broken. We both know luster is just an aleste with a remnant coat of paint. Yet it costs less than aleste in terms of dp, has none of its weaknesses, gets a fighter wing and wingcom suite for whatever reason, sports a 0.6 omnishield on top of that, and doesn't even die when you destroy it. It gets to retreat ala phase anchor. That's another big no for remnants: Remnants don't retreat. You never pursue remnants. they will always fight straight up 1 frigate vs an entire fleet. Yet luster retreats. Strikecraft in general aren't even meant to be able to operate without a parent carrier in terms of fleet stacks if we go by arma armatura logic.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 05:55:42 PM by darkwarrior1000 »

vicegrip

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2022, 07:01:40 PM »

Hey, I took a look under the hood of your mod and I noticed you seem to be using way more ship bounding coordinates and launch points than is necessary. I did some tweaks to one ship by heavily reducing the number of coordinates (the engines can be cut back even more to be honest) and the gameplay difference is imperceptible for single ships, so I hope going forward you will consider drastically cutting down on the coordinates you use. The current level of detail seems really unnecessary but will start seriously impacting performance on older machines in fleet battles.

Compare:
Spoiler
[close]

Here is a great post that goes into detail about it: Starsector PSA #1: Your Ship's Bounds Polygon Is Too Detailed

Also I noticed the Damper Field ship system causes the same AMD graphics card rendering slowdown bug as Targeting Feed. The bug occurs when a ship system renders the jitter effect on its fighters while their shields are up, and can cause a 30+ framerate drop even when it's just a few fighters. I would recommend following Targeting Feed and using fighter.setWeaponGlow instead as a visual marker, even if it doesn't look quite right for a defensive fighter craft ability.

Fixing it would involve commenting out in data.shipsystems.scripts.csp_DamperFeed

Code
//fighter.setJitterUnder(KEY_JITTER, JITTER_COLOR, effectLevel, 5, 0f, jitterRangeBonus);
//fighter.setJitter(KEY_JITTER, JITTER_UNDER_COLOR, effectLevel, 2, 0f, 0 + jitterRangeBonus * 1f);
importing

Code
import com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.WeaponAPI.WeaponType;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc;
and replacing the jitter effect with

Code
fighter.setWeaponGlow(effectLevel, Misc.setAlpha(JITTER_UNDER_COLOR, 255), EnumSet.allOf(WeaponType.class));
as an example, which would give players a visual marker that the system is active without heavily slowing down the framerate.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 03:17:22 AM by vicegrip »

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2022, 10:36:44 AM »

This bounding polygon stuff super doesn't matter for anything larger than a fighter, unless you do literal hundreds of vortices.

vicegrip

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2022, 02:24:22 PM »

This bounding polygon stuff super doesn't matter for anything larger than a fighter, unless you do literal hundreds of vortices.

Congrats on having a decent computer I guess. I just did some testing with the Advocator, a 20 DP carrier that uses a combined 66 bounding and launch bay coordinates when 12 would do. In a 10 v 10 brawl without fighters where they're just shooting pilums at each other, that was already enough to cause a 20-30 framerate drop. People tend to run much flashier ships and mods, and it all adds up very quickly.

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2022, 02:45:10 PM »

Hey, I took a look under the hood of your mod and I noticed you seem to be using way more ship bounding coordinates and launch points than is necessary. I did some tweaks to one ship by heavily reducing the number of coordinates (the engines can be cut back even more to be honest) and the gameplay difference is imperceptible for single ships, so I hope going forward you will consider drastically cutting down on the coordinates you use. The current level of detail seems really unnecessary but will start seriously impacting performance on older machines in fleet battles.

Compare:
Spoiler
[close]

Here is a great post that goes into detail about it: Starsector PSA #1: Your Ship's Bounds Polygon Is Too Detailed

Also I noticed the Damper Field ship system causes the same AMD graphics card rendering slowdown bug as Targeting Feed. The bug occurs when a ship system renders the jitter effect on its fighters while their shields are up, and can cause a 30+ framerate drop even when it's just a few fighters. I would recommend following Targeting Feed and using fighter.setWeaponGlow instead as a visual marker, even if it doesn't look quite right for a defensive fighter craft ability.

Fixing it would involve commenting out in data.shipsystems.scripts.csp_DamperFeed

Code
//fighter.setJitterUnder(KEY_JITTER, JITTER_COLOR, effectLevel, 5, 0f, jitterRangeBonus);
//fighter.setJitter(KEY_JITTER, JITTER_UNDER_COLOR, effectLevel, 2, 0f, 0 + jitterRangeBonus * 1f);
importing

Code
import com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.WeaponAPI.WeaponType;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc;
and replacing the jitter effect with

Code
fighter.setWeaponGlow(effectLevel, Misc.setAlpha(JITTER_UNDER_COLOR, 255), EnumSet.allOf(WeaponType.class));
as an example, which would give players a visual marker that the system is active without heavily slowing down the framerate.

Interesting, thank you, I’ll have to look into working on my bounds and launch corrds when I get the chance. Would be nice to also not lose frames because I’m using a heron or my carrier lol

Remnants don't to slot in safety overrides. Their OP count is also supposed to be very tight to counteract this exactly. Due to lacking these checks both destroyers come out broken as all hell. to put it into perspective, vritra has as much OP as a brilliant. Beyond that, luster and luminous are severely overtuned for what they are with luster being outright mechanically broken. We both know luster is just an aleste with a remnant coat of paint. Yet it costs less than aleste in terms of dp, has none of its weaknesses, gets a fighter wing and wingcom suite for whatever reason, sports a 0.6 omnishield on top of that, and doesn't even die when you destroy it. It gets to retreat ala phase anchor. That's another big no for remnants: Remnants don't retreat. You never pursue remnants. they will always fight straight up 1 frigate vs an entire fleet. Yet luster retreats. Strikecraft in general aren't even meant to be able to operate without a parent carrier in terms of fleet stacks if we go by arma armatura logic.

Re: Remnant with SO
Generally, Remnant have pretty big op pools, the remnant could use safety overrides if they wanted, Alex just chose not to. Throwing some remnant variants that do take advantage of SO is a interesting idea and challenge to overcome from my experience. But I’ll look into lowering the OP of the vrita. Though how is thornbill and the Lanius broken?

Re: Luster
The Luster is not a aleste with a remnant skin, it is its own mech. While I admit the dp could maybe use work, the reason it gets a wingcom is because I wanted it to have a wing to back it up similar to leynos or VX or Gunhazard. Since Gettag released the ai core equivalents for ai ships, I’m gonna be giving it that next update. 0.6 is around the standard for remnant ships and the thing with it not dying has been fixed in dev.

However can you explain what you mean by retreating through phase anchor? It’s not a phase ship so it shouldn’t be escaping with it. It may be a issue with strikecraft so I’ll have to check in with gettag since it using his strikecraft code. (This is why it doesn’t spawn if you don’t have arma enabled)

Also what’s wrong with luminous?

darkwarrior1000

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2022, 03:21:42 PM »

Generally, Remnant have pretty big op pools
outright false. brilliant has very low op for a cruiser of its cost. it sits at 140 while something like champion sits at 165. even eradicator and eagle are 150 and 155 respectively. lumen sits at 35 op which is very low for a 4 dp ship. glimmer has 5 less op than wolf which has the same dp. radiant only has 5 more op than conq while having significantly less than paragon and onslaught. granted, fulgent has average op compared to most normal destroyers at 100(for comparison hammerhead is 95, enforcer is 110, sunder is 105, medusa is 95, and manticore is 90), but it also has relatively low base flux stats compared to something like medusa while also being slower. the only aberrant is scintilla which has significantly higher op than the other carriers in its hull size at 75 op, but that's tolerable since it has a very limited selection of wings due to being remnant.

Though how is thornbill and the Lanius broken?
lanius has very high op, with very high base flux stats on top of that so with SO and its very strong ability it ends up being a fulgent that's better in nearly every way, as stated before. thornbill I though was a cruiser just going by its size. having fought it I can say it's the only destroyer in this mod that isn't overtuned.

The Luster is not a aleste with a remnant skin, it is its own mech. While I admit the dp could maybe use work, the reason it gets a wingcom is because I wanted it to have a wing to back it up similar to leynos or VX or Gunhazard. Since Gettag released the ai core equivalents for ai ships, I'm gonna be giving it that next update. 0.6 is around the standard for remnant ships and the thing with it not dying has been fixed in dev.

However can you explain what you mean by retreating through phase anchor? It's not a phase ship so it shouldn't be escaping with it. It may be a issue with strikecraft so I'll have to check in with gettag since it using his strikecraft code. (This is why it does't spawn if you don't have arma enabled)
you don't need to give it wingcom for it to have its own support(not that it would need it given how insane it is). I don't know where you got that impression from. the einhander has built-in drones and doesn't have wing-com.
that aside, luster is insane because it breaks basically all importants rules of arma's mechs. no matter what type of shield the frigate mechs in arma have, the efficiency is nearly always 1. it doesn't matter whether it's a front or omni-shield. the efficiency is almost always 1 as a balancing mechanism for their speed, evasiveness, and strike capabilities. otherwise, they become way too efficient for their cost(which is already higher than what you've given that abomination). That aside, even with their lower shield efficiency their flux cap never goes above 2k and their flux dissipation never goes above 225. the only exceptions are the mechs that exclusively phase instead of a using shield and the valkhazard which costs 15 dp to field. this is so they cant just infinitely tank things by stacking things like officers with the shield efficiency skill + built in hardened shields to mitigate the core design of the mechs. luster breaks all of these limits. it has 0.6 shield, higher base flux values than the valkhazard, and costs next to nothing to field. hell, valkhazard doesn't even have a support drones or anything, yet luster has very high flux values, cost nearly 1/3 to field, has a more efficient shield that's an omni compared to valk's relatively small front shield, and a wing to complement it on top of that. this is very clearly massively overtuned.
about the retreating thing, after you "destroy" a luster it just goes up in a puff of smoke similar to the way most ox tugs do when they're destroyed. then after the battle, you're given the option to pursue it for whatever reason even thought it should A: be destroyed since you blew it up and B: not retreat since it's a remnant.

Also what's wrong with luminous?
it's ability puts it way over the top. that ability is okay on the cetan since its buster works off an ammo system, but the luminous doesn't so for the entire duration of the ability it just gets to wail on you undeterred. the best defense in starsector is a good offense and the flow of a fight heavily favors the effective application of strike capabilities. so a frigate that costs a measly 8 dp that can bully most cruisers in a straight up fight while also moving at such high speeds with a relatively small frame to avoid counterattacks is pretty overtuned. on that note it even has better base flux stats than the cetan which costs nearly twice as much to field.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 03:35:38 PM by darkwarrior1000 »

BreenBB

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2022, 12:53:01 PM »

I found pretty strange issue with Luster, game regularly spawns fighter version of it as separate ship, like its frigate, which after being killed counts as retreated, its no issue with regular Ordos since you can ignore it, but when its defends station its always count as retreated after being killed for some reason and you can't loot the station, and its possible to kill it only with Nuke command and it's even needed to start combat and type its several times to finally kill it.

Also its sprite might need some improvements, since its looks not like Mech much, more like Spark with two sticky-looking cannons, but overall I like your pack, good work.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9