Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: [0.97a] Caymon's Ship Pack v1.2.2  (Read 209506 times)

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Caymon's Ship Pack v1.1.4
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2021, 11:33:10 PM »

V1.1.4

Changelog:
-Updated to newest game version in terms of numbers
-2 New Ships, One for the Luddic Church and another for the Pirates
- 1 New fighter For the Remnant
- Several sprites have been updated (Aethon/Aethon XIV, Falchoin B, Normal Bazaar Falcon and prob some others)
-The Normal Cetan has been given several different arms akin to the arms from Arma (Thank Shoi for providing the code and help with this)
-Variants have been updated and made to be less IQ dropping (Seriously Why did I pair a HVD with a damn Chaingun, ON A BATTLE SHIP?)
-Fixed a Bug where when using the trans-am system on both Cetans, the system wouldn't unapply the durability part of the system and basically gave +50% Damage resist on every use of the system. If you have ever wondered why that Cetan was able to solo the Virtuous and its fleet backup, Because it became Sundower from MGSR after enough usage of its system
-Discovered that missile types in the projectile file stops any form of tracking no matter how much you gave it, so now the Shoulder missiles from the Monjeau Mk2 will for sure track now
-Buffed Nex Mercs added by this Mod
-Maps have been added, So now ships will look shiny with Graphicslib
-Added Super Ship Start for Pirates for the New Ship for them
-Etc

Let me know if you have any feedback on balance or something else

I downloaded the latest version and it is not showing up in the mod loader for me (it should be showing up in alphabetical order right starting with a C? It is there or anywhere else on my list), I think you messed up some where. The is a Caymon's Ship Pack.iml, I think it might need to be .xml instead of an .iml which I have never seen before. - Just edited it and nope, that did not fix it, without being able to enable the mod I cannot use it. Please let me know what I am doing wrong or fix the mod please, thanks.

Oh when I was changing the game verison, I somehow put game version twice. You need to go to the mod_info.json and get rid of one. I’ll release a hotfix with this fixed soon

Zalpha

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2021, 12:15:33 AM »

Thanks that fixed it, I think your old version also has this error. I enabled it and now I will be using it. Thanks for the fix.

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2021, 01:20:38 AM »

Thanks that fixed it, I think your old version also has this error. I enabled it and now I will be using it. Thanks for the fix.

The fix has been uploaded now btw for everyone else. So you dont have to do this anymore.

DanzyDanz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2021, 06:21:29 AM »

do you have the 95a-rc15 version still? i haven't updated my game yet

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2021, 11:12:12 AM »

do you have the 95a-rc15 version still? i haven't updated my game yet

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WRztjrb6kBaFrTOxu2cmUd8cGKaUGr6d/view?usp=sharing

there you go. you dont get any of the changes in 1.1.4 tho

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2021, 08:58:06 AM »

The hull art of most ships is nicely done.
However, many ships, like the 'Mechs' are ridiculously overpowered.

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2021, 10:00:13 AM »

How so?

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2021, 10:16:29 AM »

How so?
Just tried the 15 DP 'Cetan' class and it can easily take out a 40 DP Onslaught - frontally.

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2021, 10:25:08 AM »

How so?
Just tried the 15 DP 'Cetan' class and it can easily take out a 40 DP Onslaught - frontally.

What is your build? Because a cetan cant really take on a onslaught from the front and win without help from when I was testing.

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2021, 10:47:21 AM »

The loadout doesn't even matter with the Systems Expertise skill. You just need to spam weapons in front of an onslaught with the ship system active.

It is extremeley overpowered even without the ship system.

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2021, 11:13:41 AM »

The loadout doesn't even matter with the Systems Expertise skill. You just need to spam weapons in front of an onslaught with the ship system active.

It is extremeley overpowered even without the ship system.
ehhhhhh I just tried with a level 5 officer with the ship system skill (Elite), Damage control, Field Modulation, Ordnance expertise and helmsmanship.
Armed with rail guns and a sabot pod along with the squall burst and and buster assault. While it could deal a decent amount of damage to it from the front. It still ultimately died

I mean i'll still look into the ship system and see if it needs a nerf but idk how you are killing it so easily. Which is why I asked for your build to account for anything i could possibly missed and to make sure it wasnt because you were pairing it with a broken weapon/hullmod from a different mod

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2021, 11:24:59 AM »

Haven't tried with an officer (bet a reckless one will turn an Onslaught to dust too), but piloting one yourself should make it clear.
To make it clear even if you are not a good pilot: just slap on an Assault Chaingun plus two machineguns. Turn on the "Trans-Am" (twice) and you barely need to move with shield down in front of an Onlsaught while taking it down.

The drones on their own are extremely OP, let alone the ship stats.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 11:29:45 AM by sqrt(-1) »

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2021, 11:33:49 AM »

Haven't tried with an officer (bet a reckless one will turn an Onslaught to dust too), but piloting one yourself should make it clear.
To make it clear even if you are not a good pilot: just slap on an Assault Chaingun plus two machineguns. Turn on the "Trans-Am" (twice) and you barely need to move with shield down in front of an Onlsaught while taking it down.

The drones on their own are extremely OP, let alone the ship stats.

Just to make sure, you are on the latest version, right? 2 DualLMG and the assault chaingun sounds like a SO build. Which I stopped when I made it so you couldnt add SO to the Cetan in 1.1.0

sqrt(-1)

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2021, 11:48:48 AM »

Yeah, its without Safety Override.
All you need to do is to enable "Trans-Am" twice while firing everything, with just very little dancing in front of an Onslaught.

Zoro89

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2022, 06:48:59 AM »

Cool mod! Thx for your work :)
Can you check two things?

1. The Solarized Flare Frigate cost 10 maintenance. Is this a mistake or because of the point defense drones?
2. I looted a wreck of a cetan mech (?) and got the arm-weapons. I think this is not intended isn't it? The weapons have n/a ordnance point.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 07:12:46 AM by Zoro89 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9