Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: [0.97a] Caymon's Ship Pack v1.2.2  (Read 209289 times)

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.5a] Caymon's Ship Pack v1.0.7
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2021, 03:17:43 AM »

Just briefly coming back to say I'm really enjoying your new ships and weapons. I've only gotten hold of the Guts for now. I'll let you know what I think about it when I get to play with it more in the refit screen :)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 05:45:55 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2021, 08:18:50 AM »

Momentarily coming back to suggest something sadistic:
Spoiler
Litteral Phase versions of the Brilliant with Alpha Core Officers are more balanced DP wise than the Radiant right now. No, it's not a joke:

I wonder if making the Radiant a phase ship would really buff it much or even nerf it, one big problem with it is that super efficient shield system combined with its ability to back off but as a phase ship it would be more vulnerable while attacking. Though OTOH there's also the randomness of officer skills, I drive the P9 Eyfel in my current campaign (a phase capital with the same teleport ability) and it's seriously underwhelming without skills, only good for kiting with slightly longer ranged guns but pretty useless when facing something it can't outrange since it'll attrition and the phase and teleport won't make up for the relatively low base speed of a capital. With skills however, wow. Teleporting twice as often? Double the speed in phase? Suddenly the ship has a lot more control over where it moves and can easily outpace other ships' ability to maneuver, even chase down fleeing frigates.

I'd claim that a skill-less phase Radiant would be much easier to kill than a regular Radiant.

Yes and no, assuming this theoretical Phase Radiant would get the same amount of extremely suboptimal setups on it. Most, if not all current Vanilla Radiant Builds:
-don't have front shield conversion, accellerated shields or stabilized shields as far as my knowledge goes
-don't have expanded missile racks if they use limited ammo missiles, the 5 Autopulse variant does not even seem to have Expanded Mags
-don't have Hardened shields (I'm not 100% sure about this one) or Solar Shielding
-have a set of 5 large weapons that don't synergize well at all with the 4 synergy hardpoints in the back

A theoretical Phase Radiant would not only have an Alpha Core with Elite Phase Mastery which would litterally quadruple the speed the capital ship goes at while in phase, but a decent setup on it would also have things like Unstable Injector, Auxiliary Thrusters, Heavy armor, Automated Repair Unit, Solar Shielding, Resistant Flux Conduits and the like, basically making it as tanky as the shield variant (especially if the Alpha Core at the helm also had Elite Impact Mitigation and Elite Damage Control), with the very, very important difference than a ship with no shield can not be prevented from firing by saturating it with kinetic fire, like pretty much all other Vanilla Remnants. Phase ships also usually have higher base armor than comparable ships of the same class, so it could be even worse than I Imagine it.

It would honestly be nastier than the standard version of the Radiant if they both got boosted up to 60DP. You don't usually bring beam weapons against Remnants since you're dealing with a lot of very good shields, a Phase capital would be a very smart (and incredibly sadistic) way to exploit that.

Then again, the current Radiant is not balanced by its Deployment Cost but by the fact two thirds of the Autofits for it are complete ass, so I would expect the same of the "Radiant-X Phase Droneship".

It's one of those "fail at it twice to make it right" kind of deals, really  ;D

Edit
Oh, I also forgot one thing about this theoretical "Brilliant-X Phase Droneship". The ship system it would supposedly have.

I could perfectly imagine it using Damper Field to make it more durable rather than an abominable delete machine using High Energy Focus, Fast Missile Racks or something even nastier that borrows System Distruption from the Harbinger or the Entropy something something go die now from the Afflictor.

If you're wondering where I got the Damper Field idea from, it's from the Phasegon (yes, it exists) from Caymon's Ship Pack: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=19712.0

It's got something called "Advanced Damper Field" that I'm not too sure about how it differentiates from the normal one, aside from having a much shorter duration(?), so make sure to properly thank Caymon Joestar for when we're (hopefully) getting this brand new Phase Radiant added to Vanilla  ;)
[close]
You could make it 60 Deployment Points so you can legitimately brag about your modded content being more balanced than Vanilla  :-X

Edit: put the quote in a spoiler tag since I just noticed it was too long for mostly everyone's liking
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 08:23:03 AM by Arcagnello »

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2021, 11:01:44 PM »

Congratulations on getting the mod officially released!

Now all mortals will bow to the Phasegon  >:(

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.5a] Caymon's Ship Pack v1.0.8
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2021, 02:18:26 AM »

V1.0.8

Nothing really major in this update. A couple of minor changes. Distracted by other games and stuff but Im looking to reworking the Mentos.

In the meantime, Have 2 new fighters to finish off the Super fighter Series. Hopefully they are enjoyed just as well as the first 2 (or at least the first one, not sure if anyone has mentioned the FalchoinB)

Momentarily coming back to suggest something sadistic:
Spoiler
Litteral Phase versions of the Brilliant with Alpha Core Officers are more balanced DP wise than the Radiant right now. No, it's not a joke:

I wonder if making the Radiant a phase ship would really buff it much or even nerf it, one big problem with it is that super efficient shield system combined with its ability to back off but as a phase ship it would be more vulnerable while attacking. Though OTOH there's also the randomness of officer skills, I drive the P9 Eyfel in my current campaign (a phase capital with the same teleport ability) and it's seriously underwhelming without skills, only good for kiting with slightly longer ranged guns but pretty useless when facing something it can't outrange since it'll attrition and the phase and teleport won't make up for the relatively low base speed of a capital. With skills however, wow. Teleporting twice as often? Double the speed in phase? Suddenly the ship has a lot more control over where it moves and can easily outpace other ships' ability to maneuver, even chase down fleeing frigates.

I'd claim that a skill-less phase Radiant would be much easier to kill than a regular Radiant.

Yes and no, assuming this theoretical Phase Radiant would get the same amount of extremely suboptimal setups on it. Most, if not all current Vanilla Radiant Builds:
-don't have front shield conversion, accellerated shields or stabilized shields as far as my knowledge goes
-don't have expanded missile racks if they use limited ammo missiles, the 5 Autopulse variant does not even seem to have Expanded Mags
-don't have Hardened shields (I'm not 100% sure about this one) or Solar Shielding
-have a set of 5 large weapons that don't synergize well at all with the 4 synergy hardpoints in the back

A theoretical Phase Radiant would not only have an Alpha Core with Elite Phase Mastery which would litterally quadruple the speed the capital ship goes at while in phase, but a decent setup on it would also have things like Unstable Injector, Auxiliary Thrusters, Heavy armor, Automated Repair Unit, Solar Shielding, Resistant Flux Conduits and the like, basically making it as tanky as the shield variant (especially if the Alpha Core at the helm also had Elite Impact Mitigation and Elite Damage Control), with the very, very important difference than a ship with no shield can not be prevented from firing by saturating it with kinetic fire, like pretty much all other Vanilla Remnants. Phase ships also usually have higher base armor than comparable ships of the same class, so it could be even worse than I Imagine it.

It would honestly be nastier than the standard version of the Radiant if they both got boosted up to 60DP. You don't usually bring beam weapons against Remnants since you're dealing with a lot of very good shields, a Phase capital would be a very smart (and incredibly sadistic) way to exploit that.

Then again, the current Radiant is not balanced by its Deployment Cost but by the fact two thirds of the Autofits for it are complete ass, so I would expect the same of the "Radiant-X Phase Droneship".

It's one of those "fail at it twice to make it right" kind of deals, really  ;D

Edit
Oh, I also forgot one thing about this theoretical "Brilliant-X Phase Droneship". The ship system it would supposedly have.

I could perfectly imagine it using Damper Field to make it more durable rather than an abominable delete machine using High Energy Focus, Fast Missile Racks or something even nastier that borrows System Distruption from the Harbinger or the Entropy something something go die now from the Afflictor.

If you're wondering where I got the Damper Field idea from, it's from the Phasegon (yes, it exists) from Caymon's Ship Pack: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=19712.0

It's got something called "Advanced Damper Field" that I'm not too sure about how it differentiates from the normal one, aside from having a much shorter duration(?), so make sure to properly thank Caymon Joestar for when we're (hopefully) getting this brand new Phase Radiant added to Vanilla  ;)
[close]
You could make it 60 Deployment Points so you can legitimately brag about your modded content being more balanced than Vanilla  :-X

Edit: put the quote in a spoiler tag since I just noticed it was too long for mostly everyone's liking

I dont know about being more balanced than vanilla but thanks for the suggestion I guess?

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Caymon's Ship Pack v1.0.9
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2021, 11:08:37 PM »

V1.0.9

Lots of changes this update. We got:

3 New Ships: 1 for low tech, one for midline (Hope you're a fan of Armaa) and one for the remnant
2 Retirements of ships: Mentos and ravelin 3.0 (They will no longer spawn when you start a new game)
Phasegon Buffs (I Swear it's finally good now)
Some Changes in fleet points for some Ships.

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Caymon's Ship Pack v1.1.0
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2021, 10:43:12 PM »

V1.1.0

Some changes this update:

2 New ships
1 Super ship start for the Diktat
DP increase for the Cetan
Updated Descps and Hullmods
Some other minor chances.

Let me know if you have some feedback

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2021, 06:56:42 AM »

very based

Hiroyan495

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2021, 06:59:12 AM »

Would download this mod in a heartbeat if the Heliadae wasn't a thing. 8)

Wi-Fi Mero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2021, 02:02:42 PM »

The Heliadae has no storage.

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2021, 03:56:04 PM »

The Heliadae has no storage.

Noted, I'll fix that next update

DevilsTinkerToy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2021, 12:50:59 AM »

Whenever I deploy a Catan Heavy Assault Mech in combat, my game crashes with:

Fatal: org/lazywizard/lazylib/MathUtils
Cause: org.lazywizard.lazylib.MathUtils
Check starsector.log for more info.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was something I am doing wrong, or if there is another mod I need to download for Mechs to work?

I noticed that I have version 1.0.9.  durp.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 01:19:33 AM by DevilsTinkerToy »

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2021, 09:50:10 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if it was something I am doing wrong, or if there is another mod I need to download for Mechs to work?

can you post the full log?

DevilsTinkerToy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2021, 08:00:44 PM »

Sure thing.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12SFbC8eXAXRJzH1wnL_k2z4h13zcXfj8/view?usp=sharing

Caymon Joestar

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2021, 10:19:39 PM »

Sure thing.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12SFbC8eXAXRJzH1wnL_k2z4h13zcXfj8/view?usp=sharing

Yeah so apparently, I didnt realize that some code used to make the non-combatant arm move required lazylib to work because the person who was helping me with it didnt think anyone would be playing without lazylib. It'll be fixed next update to work without lazylib but for now, you need lazylib for the cetan not to crash. Sorry!

DevilsTinkerToy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2021, 10:53:43 PM »

Sure thing.

Yeah so apparently, I didnt realize that some code used to make the non-combatant arm move required lazylib to work because the person who was helping me with it didnt think anyone would be playing without lazylib. It'll be fixed next update to work without lazylib but for now, you need lazylib for the cetan not to crash. Sorry!

No worries, man.  I'm just stoked that it wasn't me doing something dumb.  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9