Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: When attempting to level up an officer, the skill picking screen is blank  (Read 639 times)

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account

I have encountered this bug a couple of times, but rarely, when I try to level up an officer, the two skills I usually have to pick from are absent. It usually only happens to one officer at a time, but when it occurs, it stops all future leveling of the officer as no additional skills can be chosen, and the skill tree picks for that officer appear to be saved.

Perhaps you could have an officer with a pending level up have their available skills reset upon loading a save, or restarting the game. That would prevent an officer from becoming permanently locked in this state.

Here is an image of an officer with a blank skill window: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MY5JI5KlNP7N806_4NPaPUDwLKC0cNEJ/view?usp=sharing
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account

Note: I am playing with mods, but none that should mess with leveling up officers.
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thanks for the report! I vaguely remember this coming up a while back; 50/50 on whether this was a mod or vanilla issue. IF it was a vanilla issue, then I'm pretty certain it would have been fixed at that point.

(Let me move this to "modded" - the dividing line isn't whether the issue is likely caused by a mod or not, since it can be hard to with certainty, but rather just whether the game was running with mods at the time the issue was encounter. Or, put another way, unless there is 100% certainty that it's not a mod issue, it ought to go under modded. Not a big deal, though!)