Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Possible to remove ships from storage via editing save file?  (Read 690 times)

BossaNova

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Possible to remove ships from storage via editing save file?
« on: January 15, 2021, 08:02:00 AM »

Friens, does anyone know where to find stored ships at a colony in a save file, or where ever the data may be? One of the ships I ordered built causes a fatal error crash when I scroll down to it in my ship storage. It crashes upon just trying to load it into UI view, not on mousing over it, unfortunately.  Related crashes posted on the forums all said this particular type of crash had something to do with a custom cross-mod autofit variant, and I have made several of those.

Since the culprit ship is already built I figured maybe I could remove the lines of code that make up the stored ships out of the file storing that info until I can find then delete the bugged ship that is killing my save. I've randomly encountered this crash before while exploring when I happen to come across an AI fleet with whatever is causing this issue, but because I have no hints as to what ship/weapon/autofit combo is causing this issue I don't know where to start. If I can get this resolved I can get a lead on what the issue is. Maybe the issue is laid out obviously in the starsector.txt log and I just ain't comprehending it. Very likely.

Thanks for the help.

https://pastebin.com/mnty7bY3 <- Here's the my latest starsector.txt log at the point of crashing, if you are interested.

Gave myself 6 gbs of ram in the vmparams file.

Modlist:
Another Portrait Pack
Audio Plus
Autosave
Blackrock Drive Yards
Combat Chatter
CombatAnalytics
Console Commands
COPS
DIABLEAVIONICS
Gates-Awakened-2.1.1
GraphicsLib