Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Game crashes at launching (because of sound???)  (Read 1457 times)

StarsThrone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] Game crashes at launching (because of sound???)
« on: January 07, 2021, 12:35:43 PM »

Edit : Problem solved, the recommandations of the troubleshooting thread worked.

Hello !
I'm new to the game, but I've played a few hours and already launched the game several times with success. But, today, I want to play, and it gives me that message right after kicking the "Play starsector" button :

Error in sound initialization, proceeding with sound disabled.
org.lwjgl.openal.AL10.nalDistanceModel(l)V

But the game launches anyway. It loads, and then crashes, with an other message :

Fatal: org.lwjgl.openal.AL10;nalListenerfv(lJ)V
Check starsector.log for more info.

I had just downloaded a few mods. So i uninstalled them. But same result. So it's because of the sound (1st message)? I cut the music to put the mine and that's it. I have not touched the game datas, so I don't know why it's crashing now.

Anyone, an idea ?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 01:10:26 PM by StarsThrone »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Game crashes at launching (because of sound???)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 12:43:39 PM »

Hi - sorry about the trouble! If you check the troubleshooting thread, the 5th item down talks about possible causes/solutions for this.

(Simplest possible cause would be if you don't have any sound output device - i.e. neither speakers nor headphones - plugged in.)

StarsThrone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Game crashes at launching (because of sound???)
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 01:08:23 PM »

Ooooops... I gotta admit i did not search a lot in the forum...
Thank you !