Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: resume course command  (Read 1768 times)

blainedeyoung

• Ensign
    • View Profile
resume course command
« on: December 31, 2020, 01:31:21 PM »

When you set a long-distance journey, you zoom in on your target on the map and click "lay in course."  But of course you can't just go there by the straightest route.  There are obstacles in the way, especially suns and storms, so you take manual control to avoid obstacles and once you're past the danger you want to straight traveling by the straightest route again.  But I think the only way to do that as the game is now is to zoom back in on the target and "lay in course" again.  Wouldn't it be great if there was a one click way to resume the course you've already got laid in. 

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: resume course command
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 01:38:42 PM »

There's a "resume course" button, IIRC the shortcut key for it is 'A' :) It is a bit small and hard to see though; it's part of the widget that shows your laid in course.

TiberQ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 03:56:21 PM »

There's a "resume course" button, IIRC the shortcut key for it is 'A' :) It is a bit small and hard to see though;

I actually booted up the game and went to look for it. After looking around for 3minutes or so, i was ready to change resolutions and crap to find it.
But than TADA! : there it was in the right corner xD
So now i can press A and watch the last of my supply's burn out at the sun cus the jumphole was way across the map, which, presumably is somehow faster than transverse jump -.-
Now i wish i dint find that button ;-p

However, since we'r on the suggestion part of the forum, i suggest:
1. intergrate Transverse when and if available for the fleet
2. a stoplightbutton on the right side whit all the other data

*stoplightbutton:
Red for no destination se
yellow / orange for paused
green for, fleet is going

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 04:20:54 PM »

presumably is somehow faster than transverse jump -.-
Transverse isn't auto calculated because it costs supplies & fuel, not just fuel.

DistressBeacon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 05:07:11 PM »

Transverse doesn't cost anything to jump into a system with, it would be nice if it's auto-cal when you lay course to a planet, instead of having to manually navigate to the system map each time because planets rotate. You can argue this is an intended skill thing or what have you and yeah that's perfectly fine.
Pirate fleet pursing your fleet