Starsector > General Discussion

[0.9.1a] A Guide to (AI-Friendly) Ship Loadouts

(1/5) > >>

RustyCabbage:
(Note for the 0.95a update: Fundamentals still apply in 0.95a, but the guide will get an update pass eventually)
Hi all, a while back I wrote a guide in collaboration with some other experienced players from the Discord on designing ship loadouts which has gotten a decent amount of positive feedback. SCC helpfully reminded me that I'd yet to make a forum post for it, so I guess here is that forum post.

A Guide to (AI-Friendly) Ship Loadouts

It's quite long, but hopefully also quite comprehensive.

I'll happily take any thoughts or questions people have regarding the guide in this thread.

Some other resources you might find handy:

SCC’s Guides:

* How 2 Weapons
* How 2 Ships
* How 2 Fighters
Lortus' Ship Loadout Guide [updated for 0.95.1a]

The Starsector Wiki. Particularly helpful for me are:

* Armor mechanics
* AI Behaviour(Do note that information can occasionally be outdated on the wiki - if you ever notice these things I'm sure our wiki administrators would appreciate gentle corrections and additions)

Thaago:
An excellent, if long, guide! Pinned.

Jonlissla:
Okay, let me be the first to say I did NOT expect a 41 page document with links and formulas. I'm impressed, good work.

Alex:
Good call pinning this! For some reason that didn't occur to me. And, yeah, this guide is absolutely top-notch stuff.

RustyCabbage:

--- Quote from: Thaago on December 31, 2020, 01:47:57 PM ---An excellent, if long, guide! Pinned.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Alex on December 31, 2020, 02:55:43 PM ---Good call pinning this! For some reason that didn't occur to me. And, yeah, this guide is absolutely top-notch stuff.

--- End quote ---
Thank you both! I really didn't expect this to get a pin - I'll work on keeping the OP updated with other helpful ship design resources whenever I'm made aware of them.

--- Quote from: Jonlissla on December 31, 2020, 02:53:16 PM ---Okay, let me be the first to say I did NOT expect a 41 page document with links and formulas. I'm impressed, good work.

--- End quote ---
Cheers! Eventually I'd like add some more information on stuff like Reinforced Bulkheads vs Armor and weapon efficiencies versus (stripped) armor, but the math isn't quite as simple and I've been a bit lazy on figuring it out. :b

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version