Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Post Huge battle debris lag (memory leak issue)  (Read 2915 times)

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
Post Huge battle debris lag (memory leak issue)
« on: December 31, 2020, 03:08:55 AM »

Does anyone have an idea of how I rule out some mods that cause a memory leak in star sector is there any way to understand why my game seems to slow for no reason after big battles or playing the game for more than 2 hours. It's now gotten to the point where I have to close my game and reopen it to get good performance again. since loading into the game with all my mods is long I'm annoyed by this.
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Post Huge battle debris lag (memory leak issue)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 04:52:15 AM »

Here's a previous thread on the subject.
Long story short: right now we know that it happens in modded games, but not which specific mod (if any) causes it, or how to fix it.

Flacman3000

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2021, 05:12:23 PM »

Here's a previous thread on the subject.
Long story short: right now we know that it happens in modded games, but not which specific mod (if any) causes it, or how to fix it.

That's unfortunate how do you remedy the situation? Do you use java 8 or something to play or do you simply disable all mods or only play with vanilla procgen and not adjusted sector? I have 200 star systems in my game from 300 before and it helped in terms of UI frames but the memory issue after long plays still persists.
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

Flacman3000

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 05:27:57 PM »

I just tried replacing java, javaw, and javaws with the new java version I have, and now when I launch the game it doesn't load up? so I reverted back to let me know if theirs a solution. ill try anything to rid this long close restart process I have going on lol.