Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: [0.97a] Volkov Industrial Conglomerate 1.6.3  (Read 399445 times)

Astarat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Volkov Industrial Conglomerate 1.5.4
« Reply #270 on: January 16, 2023, 01:07:01 PM »

Identical crash upon attempting to add VIC-X14 Nybas, VIC-C96 Jezebeth, VIC-A33 Moloch, and VIC-B49 Samael to fleet doctrine. VIC-S85 Pruflas, VIC-A01 Xaphan, VIC-B19 Kobol do not crash but I don't have the blueprints to test any other ships yet.

There is no crash when queuing any of the above ships for custom production but I have not seen the production of any VIC ships through yet.

I think my faction attempted to spawn a fleet with one of the bad frigates. I did see a Pruflas running around in a patrol safely though.

Sorry, but we couldn't replicate said bugs. Perhaps, it is the fault of some other mod. Could you please try running just the VIC and the libraries required for it and see whether it crashes in that case?

FluffyTowels

• Ensign
  • Literally two people. FluffyTowels#1349
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Volkov Industrial Conglomerate 1.5.5
« Reply #271 on: January 16, 2023, 07:24:24 PM »

-    Fixed Apollyon's Quantum Lunge instigating funny accidents
A moment of silence for the best bug I've seen  :(

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 17, 2023, 06:03:21 AM »

Sorry, but we couldn't replicate said bugs. Perhaps, it is the fault of some other mod. Could you please try running just the VIC and the libraries required for it and see whether it crashes in that case?

Is there a quick way to test spawn ships without starting a whole new save and developing a faction to ship production capacities? I'll go through each mod combination but the windup time to test is daunting.

Astarat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 17, 2023, 07:36:54 AM »

Is there a quick way to test spawn ships without starting a whole new save and developing a faction to ship production capacities? I'll go through each mod combination but the windup time to test is daunting.

You can do it with Nexerelin and choosing "Own faction" as the start option

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 18, 2023, 09:57:09 AM »

Did some testing. Even with all mods enabled, using a fresh start I can add those ships to fleet doctrine safely so it must be something with the save. Which still crashes when selecting the no no ships in fleet doctrine. Perhaps either something corrupted over time on my end in the save or there is some arcane nonsense that slowly develops. Would sending you the save help? You lack the particular mix of mods and their various versions that I do so perhaps any tests you can give me to perform on my end would be better.

Got some more VIC ships in the save. VIC-C67 Cresil, VIC-M12LRS Focalor, and VIC-M12MRS Focalor are all safe to add to doctrine. The fact I had that one auto-fit crash as well makes me think it might be weapon related. Perhaps it's struggling with autofitting non VIC guns or displaying the ship in the preview with non VIC guns? Though this doesn't really make sense since all the other ships can safely do it. Something about small mount weapons maybe. The crashlog is so damn vague that debugging is awful.

Astarat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 18, 2023, 11:13:54 AM »

Did some testing. Even with all mods enabled, using a fresh start I can add those ships to fleet doctrine safely so it must be something with the save. Which still crashes when selecting the no no ships in fleet doctrine. Perhaps either something corrupted over time on my end in the save or there is some arcane nonsense that slowly develops. Would sending you the save help? You lack the particular mix of mods and their various versions that I do so perhaps any tests you can give me to perform on my end would be better.

Got some more VIC ships in the save. VIC-C67 Cresil, VIC-M12LRS Focalor, and VIC-M12MRS Focalor are all safe to add to doctrine. The fact I had that one auto-fit crash as well makes me think it might be weapon related. Perhaps it's struggling with autofitting non VIC guns or displaying the ship in the preview with non VIC guns? Though this doesn't really make sense since all the other ships can safely do it. Something about small mount weapons maybe. The crashlog is so damn vague that debugging is awful.
One way to do it on my end would be for you to send the entire game folder with the save and the mods to me, though since you're the only one who reported this bug and now that the new saves seem to be fine, I think the problem is indeed with that particular save file for some reasons unknown.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 18, 2023, 01:23:08 PM »

ConsoleCommands mod has an AddShip command. Dev mode also has a variant editor mode on the main menu.

Nano1.5575E+9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 27, 2023, 03:46:50 AM »

hi I'm trying your mod but I'm getting a fatal error on game start im not sure what happening any help would be great. i have all the required lib's and have tried from a fresh install

cv captain

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 27, 2023, 11:00:04 PM »

after reading the resource requirements for the bio research complex, I believe it would be more fitting and grimly amusing if it needed more crew than it produced marines.  Say at colony size 5 it needs 6 or 7, and produces 5 marines.

ya know, on top of the other items it "produces".

Tigasboss

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 07, 2023, 03:12:35 PM »

show me your stolas builds, best i could come up with was autopulses and a rift beam.

Bulletkin

• Ensign
  • Now it's into the void, now me girls and me boys~
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 07, 2023, 03:57:17 PM »

show me your stolas builds, best i could come up with was autopulses and a rift beam.
Edge type 3s from UAF. Flux generator, Flux overdrive, split chamber, hullfoam, maybe integrated armor from MHM. Slapped on an energy damage hullmod from Epta and the VIC's own loader overdrive. Also shield shunt and various hull/armor hullmods. The result was an absolute atrocity.
(your local Secrets of the Frontier fanboy)

...From Mother's hands, we go. We'll be sailing to the sun 'till the voyage is done, then we'll be sleeping in the cold below~

Edix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 27, 2023, 09:01:09 AM »

I keep getting this error when I load any save with VIC active
[attached because I can't figure out the how insert image works]

ThatsMyFootThanks

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 27, 2023, 10:42:59 AM »

Yeah me too, apparently the game tells me it needs an update? I don't know how this works, I'm so new btw xd

Astarat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Volkov Industrial Conglomerate 1.5.6a
« Reply #283 on: February 27, 2023, 01:38:00 PM »

SAVE COMPATIBLE WITH VERSIONS 1.5.0 AND HIGHER

A bit of important news!
Since the chances of Patreon and PayPal coming back to work with customers in Russia has probably plumetted to 0 (to be fair, should have become obvious a long time ago, but oh well, I'm not very smart), I've made the decision to create an account on Boosty (https://boosty.to/astarat_starsector), from which it's possible to retrieve funds while being in Russia and mainly move the download links from Patreon there. There is still no paywall, so don't worry about any of that.

The changelog:

1.5.6 Changelog

Campaign:
- New market and fleet music for VIC by the wonderful Haplogynae!

Weapons:
- Apocrypha Suicide Drone Swarm
- - Reload time increased from 20 to 25
- - Refire delay increased from 10 to 12.5
- - FLux to fire increased from 3900 to 4000

- Hungruf Armor Scorcher (all versions)
- - Refire Delay increased from 7.5 to 10 seconds
- - Increased split distance from 600 to 900
- - Reduced second stage speed from 350 to 300

- Hungruf Rack Armor Scorcher
- - Reload increased from 20 to 25 seconds
- - OP increased from 5 to 6

- Hungruf Armor Scorcher
- - Reload increased from 16 to 20 seconds
- - OP increased from 12 to 13

- Hatif Distraction Missile (all versions)
- - Flare duration increased from 5 to 7 seconds
- - Flare HP increased from 500 to 750
- - Flare amount per missile increased from 5 to 6
- - Reload decreased from 20 to 16 seconds

- Hatif Rack Distraction Missile
- - OP decreased from 3 to 2
- - Refire delay decreased from 4 to 3 seconds

- Hatif Distraction Missile
- - OP decreased from 8 to 6
- - Refire delay decreased from 5 to 4 seconds

- Falak Flux Collapse Torpedo
- - launch speed increased from 100 to 200
- - HP increased from 500 to 750
- - Max EMP damage increased 300 to 600

- Azhdaya Smart Autocannon (Focalor's built-in)
- - Range increased from 700 to 800

- Gatebreaker Shrapnel Cannon (Devotee's built-in)
- - Base damage increased from 100 to 150 HE
- - Added a 33% chance for each projectile to instead deal either 75 or 250 HE damage

Ships:
- Devotee
- - Increased armor from 1000 to 1250

- Focalor (both versions)
- - Fixed the system description to be more accurate

Hullmods:
- "Hellfire" Weapon Systems (Stolas's built-in)
- - Changed the name (Tilt, why, I'm going to moyai at you for that)
- - The base bonus is now +50% damage and flux cost for both Energy and Ballistic weapons, and +50% max ammo and ammo recharge rate for Missiles
- - Now provides stacking bonuses on destroying enemies affected by Stolas's system, with the amount of stacks depending on the size of the target
- - - Maximum 5 stacks, maximum duration 30 seconds. Each stack provides +10% damage and flux cost for Energy and Ballistic Weapons, +5% maximum speed and +5% damage taken by shields

Other stuff:
- Fixed a rare crash on Stolas spawn
- Fixed Apollyon's Quantum Lunge lacking some visual effects
- Fixed some missing tech types in weapons
- Some small description fixes
- Maybe some other fixes made by Tilt

[close]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 11:33:24 AM by Astarat »

Astarat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Volkov Industrial Conglomerate 1.5.6
« Reply #284 on: February 27, 2023, 01:53:23 PM »

Yeah me too, apparently the game tells me it needs an update? I don't know how this works, I'm so new btw xd

Don't worry! It's just a small problem with the version file due to some GitHub re-organising on our side. Please download the latest version of the mod and it should be alright!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30