Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30

Author Topic: [0.97a] Volkov Industrial Conglomerate 1.6.3a  (Read 408269 times)

SurplusDOS

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Volkov Industrial Conglomerate 1.4.3
« Reply #225 on: October 05, 2022, 07:03:39 AM »

How does the portrait selection (from the VIC Revitalization Centres) work? It doesn't seem to be able to pull the portraits from some mods and even from those it does pull from, the entire list is unavailable.

liyate

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 08, 2022, 01:32:36 AM »

Loving this mod but after a few cycles, all the military markets under VIC no longer have anything in their military markets. I've also noticed that they no longer have any fleets around.

Using console commands to refresh markets or spawn in VIC fleets doesn't work. The VIC fleets spawn for a moment and instantly disappear. Anyone knows why this happens or how to resolve? I've seen a thread on reddit one or two people have also had the same issue but no resolution.

Edit: found out this is because vic lost a planet and they aren't configured to have any ships when importing. You can fix this yourself by editing the mod's shipsWhenImporting or just by waiting for their next update.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 11:21:47 AM by liyate »

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 08, 2022, 12:27:28 PM »

This can also be problematic because Purgatory tends to get targeted a lot in Nex.

PurpleCucumbah

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 18, 2022, 01:28:27 PM »

Got attacked by an alliance of them and Heg, so we've been in a long brutal war, but I just took over everything except Archangel Station, not sure if it can even do anything at all, but having a planet cracker sitting untouchable in my space is not a comfy feeling.

Eikioma

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 19, 2022, 01:13:48 PM »

Hi, don't know if it's desined that way but the VIC Buffalo is never sold, the only time i see it is when you start a new game with nexelim as VIC faction.

And for futur update I would love to see the civilian line up with VIC design, I love doing starting faction ship only and would love to do that with VIC.

Continue the good work, your mod rocks :)

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 21, 2022, 04:43:54 PM »

The Revitalization Center has a meaningless bonus for Alpha cores. They increase production by 1 like for Vanilla industries, which naturally does nothing since the structure doesn't produce any commodities.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 28, 2022, 08:14:56 PM »

A thought, but with the faction being based heavily on Genetech, would there be space for like a genetically engineered pollution removing bacteria farm sort of structure?  Plastic eating bacteria have been found in nature, and the faction is heavily based off of genetic engineering around problems.

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 29, 2022, 04:37:42 PM »

Hell yeah! I saw this mod a while back and I think I remember being sad that it wasn't updated for 0.95.1a. Can't wait to play it again. Also I love the metal music in the trailer video. Some badly needed testosterone in this community...

Edit: I’m having so much fun with this mod. The ships are so badass. I get a dark, but cool, ruthless vibe from them. Kind of like the Necromongers from Riddick. Great balance, effects, trade offs. Fun to watch them fight. Not gimmicky, gaudy, or… grabby.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 10:48:12 PM by ApolloStarsector »

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 01, 2022, 10:52:45 PM »

Just to add to the above. I’m really loving this mod. I might make normal maps for myself, as I have a plug-in for Paint.net that does it automatically. I know not to post anything like that without permission etc. Just giving my thoughts. Dark Revenant made some godly normal maps for his Interstellar Imperium mod, but it has made me dream of normal maps on every faction mod, because it makes such a big difference. In any case, keep up the great work, you absolute chad modder!

Edit: I just noticed that you actually made a normal map for the Apollyon - it looks awesome!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 07:35:42 PM by ApolloStarsector »

Adrian_M

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 05, 2022, 07:20:48 AM »

Loving this mod but after a few cycles, all the military markets under VIC no longer have anything in their military markets. I've also noticed that they no longer have any fleets around.

Using console commands to refresh markets or spawn in VIC fleets doesn't work. The VIC fleets spawn for a moment and instantly disappear. Anyone knows why this happens or how to resolve? I've seen a thread on reddit one or two people have also had the same issue but no resolution.

Edit: found out this is because vic lost a planet and they aren't configured to have any ships when importing. You can fix this yourself by editing the mod's shipsWhenImporting or just by waiting for their next update.

Hey there. I have the exact same problem (no ships in military market, no ships in system). But I do not understand your solution. What exactly did you do? Can you be more explicit?

Edit: found out a workaround for this, partially. Long live console commands (mod) :D. Use the command "removesubmarket generic_military" while docked at the planet with the problem (missing ships from military market). Refresh (leave planet, dock again), and then use command "addsubmarket generic_military". Refresh and now the vic military market will be back on said planet and full of ships :)
No idea about the fleets problem, tho.

Cheers :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 08:03:36 AM by Adrian_M »

Da5id

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 05, 2022, 12:43:14 PM »

The Synchroniton Core on Magaera doesn't function, presumably because there is an atmosphere.

Adrian_M

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 06, 2022, 01:49:48 AM »

The Synchroniton Core on Magaera doesn't function, presumably because there is an atmosphere.

I actually found a solution for this,  using console commands(mod). Use "list traits" command, look for the one that's on the planet (the one that gives it atmosphere), remove it using removetrait "planet name" "traitname". Then add the "no_atmosphere" one using addtrait "planet name" no_atmosphere.
Hope this helps :)

ApolloStarsector

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 06, 2022, 08:20:22 AM »

Despite the overall fantastic look of this mod, there are two groups of graphical effects that are particularly ugly:

1) Verlioka. The use of two very bright, visual marker beams along with that fuzzy "field" graphic is horrible! I hate it! I've desperately edited files, searching for a way to hide it completely, but I was unsuccessful regarding the two side beams.

2) FluxRapture. No matter how transparent I make these ugly field markers, they are still distracting and ugly. I have decided to make them totally transparent.

Basically, I don't like it when there is an obvious graphical indicator on the screen. I want to see the actual ships, actual weapons, and actual explosions, and almost nothing else. I know how to render the above graphics 100% transparent, but this doesn't solve the issue of the Verlioka side beams (pizza/pie slice pattern), which are drawn by graphicslib as far as I can tell.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 09:03:22 AM by ApolloStarsector »

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 07, 2022, 09:28:01 PM »

So I have a question, but how do you get access to the special VIC related stuff?  You start with the revitalization center, though the rest of the stuff I haven't figured out how to get. 

Ruddygreat

• Admiral
  • Seals :^)
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 09, 2022, 03:59:56 AM »

So I have a question, but how do you get access to the special VIC related stuff?  You start with the revitalization center, though the rest of the stuff I haven't figured out how to get.

As in, the genelab that produces their special commodity?
you don't, that's exclusive to one of their planets.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30