Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30

Author Topic: [0.97a] Volkov Industrial Conglomerate 1.6.3  (Read 399586 times)

Astarat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Volkov Industrial Conglomerate 1.2.0
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2021, 02:58:54 PM »

The GMO food production isn't supposed to be buildable by the player. It'll be removed from the blueprints and the construction list.

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2021, 08:14:52 PM »

After playing with VIC for a bit I have some feedback.

1. Very cool mod, love it! Polished, clean art and great lore.

2. The PD arc emitter has so far been an auto-include on every single build. First I put it on because it was a novelty and I loved the idea...but soon discovered it was a mistake not to include it. It's a no-brainer - it outpaces every other PD option, being more OP- and flux-efficient, with 360 coverage, perfect accuracy, EMP-immune, no availability problems (don't even have to purchase!), doesn't require mounts to be a certain type or location or even to exist. But more than just being overstatted, it works while overloaded (!!!) and venting, completely eliminating the normal way of punishing those things. Cool hullmod, and well implemented, but at the very least there should be situations where it's wrong to put it on a ship, imo.

3. That Pruflas looks awful familiar...
Separated at birth?
[close]
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 08:16:39 PM by Sinosauropteryx »

Astarat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2021, 11:55:25 PM »

After playing with VIC for a bit I have some feedback.

1. Very cool mod, love it! Polished, clean art and great lore.

Thanks! Very glad you're liking our work so far!

2. The PD arc emitter has so far been an auto-include on every single build. First I put it on because it was a novelty and I loved the idea...but soon discovered it was a mistake not to include it. It's a no-brainer - it outpaces every other PD option, being more OP- and flux-efficient, with 360 coverage, perfect accuracy, EMP-immune, no availability problems (don't even have to purchase!), doesn't require mounts to be a certain type or location or even to exist. But more than just being overstatted, it works while overloaded (!!!) and venting, completely eliminating the normal way of punishing those things. Cool hullmod, and well implemented, but at the very least there should be situations where it's wrong to put it on a ship, imo.

Yeah, it overperforms at this moment, the PD Arc Emitter's ability to work during venting and overloads is a bug which is already fixed in the in-dev version.

3. That Pruflas looks awful familiar...
Separated at birth?
[close]

Actually, yes! Pruflas is based on my sprite of the Swordfish which I did for a commission for a person on Discord. They disappeared and didn't use it, so I've decided not to waste the opportunity, heh.

Reviire

• Ensign
  • Remi, Remi, my Kingdom for Remi
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2021, 01:08:30 PM »

Love the mod, the art is great and the weapons look REALLY cool. I love the Laidlaw weapons, some of my favourites out of all the mods i've played.

But there's a few problems. Non-Sturhm ships have issues fitting VIC weapons since they just don't have the flux capacity to handle them, and they're generally kinda slow and fragile. It makes for a ship that can't hold out in a fight and blows up.

The plasma minigun is also near unusable in the hands of the AI. The chargeup time before it begins firing is most of where the AI spends it's time as it tries to briefly fire the gun, whenever it's fighting small and fast ships where it might go offtarget for a miniscule amount of time.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 01:10:12 PM by Reviire »

Quote from: Gizogin on 17-03-2012, 14:59:01
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

SometimesMaybe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2021, 12:08:30 AM »

How, exactly, am I supposed to play 0.9.5a without VIC? What do you mean I have to keep my officers as their starting portrait?!  No laidlaws!?  This is ***. :<

J-Justkidding, please don't hurt me, hope the update isn't difficult.

ahrenjb

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2021, 05:00:58 PM »

I've been getting this crash intermittently from VIC. First few times it happened were in station defense battles against VIC invasion fleets. I had a few salvaged Apollyon in my fleet besides the one the hostile fleet was deploying, but I was able to complete the defensive battle when I didn't deploy my own Apollyon. I didn't grab the logs from those incidents, as I noticed some comments in the thread about issues with the Apollyon and stations and thought it might be a known issue.

Today, I had the crash happen about 10 minutes into a long fleet battle, no station involved. Again, there were Apollyon deployed both by my fleet and the hostile fleet. Log below.

EDIT: I'm still playing the final release of 0.9.1a and all installed mods are the last versions I grabbed before the 0.95 update.

EDIT 2: Crashed again after loading back up and trying the battle again. Apollyon deployed on both sides again.

EDIT 3: Loaded up and tried a third time, this time without deploying any Apollyon on my side of the battle. I was able to complete the battle with no crash, though there were still hostile Apollyon deployed and destroyed during the fight. Some issue that only comes up when there are Apollyon on both sides?

Crash log 1:
Spoiler
Code
6993858 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.plugins.ExerelinModPlugin  - After game save
6995024 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.VultureFleetManager  - Dangerous fleet count: 9
6995025 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.VultureFleetManager  - Entity Derelict Ship has unfriendly fleet pirate Raiders nearby, skip
6995025 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.VultureFleetManager  - Entity Derelict Ship has unfriendly fleet pirate Raiders nearby, skip
6995025 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.VultureFleetManager  - Dangerous fleet count: 9
6995025 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.VultureFleetManager  - Debris field has unfriendly fleet Luddic Path Watchers nearby, skip
6995025 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.VultureFleetManager  - Debris field has unfriendly fleet pirate Armada nearby, skip
6995025 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.VultureFleetManager  - Debris field has unfriendly fleet pirate Raiders nearby, skip
6995084 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesIntel  - Picking task for Imran's Fleet
6995263 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesIntel  - Picking task for Elysium's Fleet
6995315 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesManager  - No market found to spawn special task force for warhawk_republic
6995315 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesManager  - No market found to spawn special task force for communist_clouds
6995460 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.fleets.VultureFleetAI  - Vulture Scavengers salvaging Derelict Ship
7441928 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.weapons.vic_rubiconOnHit.onHit(vic_rubiconOnHit.java:26)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.BallisticProjectile.setDidDamage(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.BallisticProjectile.applyDamage(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.applyDamage(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.shipsystems.VIC_QuantumLunge.unapply(VIC_QuantumLunge.java:200)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.F.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Crash log 2:
Spoiler
Code
147724 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/exerelin/miningConfig.json]
147726 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\DisassembleReassemble_v1.6.9]
147726 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\fluffShipPack]
147727 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin]
147728 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\tahlan]
147728 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Vayra's Ship Pack]
147729 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\XhanEmpire]
147730 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\DisassembleReassemble_v1.6.9]
147731 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\fluffShipPack]
147731 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin]
147732 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\tahlan]
147733 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Torchships]
147733 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Vayra's Ship Pack]
147734 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\XhanEmpire]
147736 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: C:\Games\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin]
269455 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.shipsystems.ai.VIC_QuantumLungeAI.advance(VIC_QuantumLungeAI.java:264)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.M$1.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.BasicShipAI.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 05:25:27 PM by ahrenjb »

legion499

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2021, 06:02:53 PM »

I need these stealth bombers in my life... Please update soon! I cant carpet bomb stations properly without those stealth bombers! DX

Astarat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2021, 10:30:21 AM »

I've been getting this crash intermittently from VIC. ]

Thanks for the report. Will look into the issue.

I need these stealth bombers in my life... Please update soon! I cant carpet bomb stations properly without those stealth bombers! DX

Worry not, the update is in the works! Might take some time, but we're dead set on finishing it no matter what!

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2021, 05:13:33 PM »

....I kinda have mixed feelings about this mod.
There was a lot of effort put into it, the ships and weapons look and function in a cool way, the backstory fits canon very nicely, the hullmods are fun to play around with (the electric PD mod is very nice to include in all the ships I can).....
But I just can't get these ships to work.....they all seem to be severely underpowered, even compared to vanilla ships, taking on VIC fleets feels like beating the infirm, they are supposed to be an aggressive fleet (powerful short ranged weapons, good speed/maneuverability), but they lack any sort of staying power, they have neither the flux nor the armor to withstand a fight with even lower quality/tonnage ships.
And while it's possible to eke out a win, using nothing hit and run tactics, it's tedious and takes a much heavier toll on my cr....
It may just be my inexperience, I've only started playing around a week before 9.5 came out. Can anyone suggest a decent loadout/better ships for vic fleets?
The mod author is still amazing though.....here's to hoping it will be updated to 9.5 eventually.....

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2021, 01:26:09 AM »

The AI of starsector is programmed to favour low risk strategies, the ships of this mod are designed for high risk, , leading to a disconnect, so while the weapons are great, they're less well use in a fight.

Best example is the capital. Stats are adequate with an amazing op cap and great weapon coverage... then the AI quantum jumps into the middle of enemy formations, fires all weapons because it's surrounded, gets outfluxed and destroyed. In my hands after some practice to figure out the quirks of quantum leap such as it shutting down if you activate it then shift your flux a tad too high, and being stuck if you accidentally double activate it for a long time, it worked a dream. I mostly stripped out the rear facing weapons and was moving more like a destroyer with all my fire-power.
Meanwhile, the ai needs two to three working together with carefully managed loadouts or they just end up kamikazeing.

That said, I do feel the flux capacity might be a tad low, and baring the demon their low level ships are trash best used to bulk up invasion fleets for marine numbers. The Demon on the other hand with a high intensity laser and the beam range extender is amazing... in player hands, because it's a phase ship.

Kaitol

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2021, 11:57:31 AM »

Really the only ship I had a problem with was...crap, what was the name...the Kobold? Whatever the wing-shaped frigate is. They just always died because they're so slow for a frigate and their defenses are just not up to snuff for the speed bracket they're in. A solid core of the heavy cruisers and destroyers backed up by some of the schturm ships seemed to do fine in most fights. Although that may have been because I was continually disrupting and breaking up the enemy with my Apolloyion. I did notice that I basically needed to accept I was going to lose a ship every few fights, although once it's updated for .95 it might not have that problem since you can just build in Reinforced Hull to the more fragile ships and have the skill to passively fix d-mods.

Perhaps they need a heavy defensive "dreadnaught" capital to anchor bigger AI fleets that don't have the player there?

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2021, 12:33:49 PM »

Eventually I just realized, that I can't have a pure VIC fleet. I got some of the tankier ships from different fleets to draw attention and left some VIC ships to harass, they can deal with most smaller ships without much problem, and ran around in a phase ship to target exposed ships.....it still requires more micro than usual, but it works.

megabot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2021, 12:24:15 PM »

I feel like non of you use the VIC capital ship. it has such a high DPS that it can take on basically anything, shields covers both front and back(to a degree) when pointing to the side, shturm overhaul makes it have the flux for it, more charges(important for later) and while having the DPS of safety overrides it still has (part of) the range, namely 700 which is considerable compared to SO. just controll the shield, controll the useless kinetic missle weapon and let it auto fire onto everything in front. HE weapons destroy armor even though each shot is weak, for an absurd DPS that even destroys shields with ease, and if it actually comes to worst you can use the - now i talk about it - it's system

It's system allows it to jump trough anything(except a station, it gets stuck in those) damaging it with EMP/energy(or HE considering how much armor it strips) in the procces, with a pretty big damage to armor, though it does neglible damage to shields. it gets improved cooldown with shturm overhaul as well. what is it good for, listed?
-stripping armor
-attacking a ship's rear that do not have 360 shields
-quickly repositioning for:
--flanks
--escape
--killing those stray freighters that try to escape my greedy ass
-disabling weapons and engines

so really, while I would agree with some/most of you about it being underpowered if it was not for this subsystem, it just is so OP both on it's own and especially with a shturm overhauled ship. if you want to get the blueprint for it just be hostile to VIC and raid them with industrial evolution colonies with privateer bases. or raid them themselves, now you can get the blueprints. and also get even better subsystems. when it updates that is
I don't even use any other VIC ships tbh. anyways, that is my take. if u try it out, what do u say about it?

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2021, 09:09:15 PM »

Mostly I just use my Nybbas with a Tachyon lance (that thing is absurd and I love it), Cresil (3 of them) I really liked them as well. Never used the apollyon, it states in description that its fragile, and it REALLY doesn't stand up to a Paragon or Radiant in a duel. It DID however turn out to be a very expensive, but amazing ship killer, that Alpha strike is no joke...

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2021, 10:11:15 PM »

I feel like non of you use the VIC capital ship. it has such a high DPS that it can take on basically anything, shields covers both front and back(to a degree) when pointing to the side, shturm overhaul makes it have the flux for it, more charges(important for later) and while having the DPS of safety overrides it still has (part of) the range, namely 700 which is considerable compared to SO. just controll the shield, controll the useless kinetic missle weapon and let it auto fire onto everything in front. HE weapons destroy armor even though each shot is weak, for an absurd DPS that even destroys shields with ease, and if it actually comes to worst you can use the - now i talk about it - it's system

It's system allows it to jump trough anything(except a station, it gets stuck in those) damaging it with EMP/energy(or HE considering how much armor it strips) in the procces, with a pretty big damage to armor, though it does neglible damage to shields. it gets improved cooldown with shturm overhaul as well. what is it good for, listed?
-stripping armor
-attacking a ship's rear that do not have 360 shields
-quickly repositioning for:
--flanks
--escape
--killing those stray freighters that try to escape my greedy ass
-disabling weapons and engines

so really, while I would agree with some/most of you about it being underpowered if it was not for this subsystem, it just is so OP both on it's own and especially with a shturm overhauled ship. if you want to get the blueprint for it just be hostile to VIC and raid them with industrial evolution colonies with privateer bases. or raid them themselves, now you can get the blueprints. and also get even better subsystems. when it updates that is
I don't even use any other VIC ships tbh. anyways, that is my take. if u try it out, what do u say about it?

I have used the capital ship, I mentioned in my post it required some skill and the AI can't handle it unless you have 2 or more working together.
As for Shturm, it may be great with practice, but unlike the similar safety overrides instead of doubling vents, it turns capacitors into vents, costing even more OP for the same benefit and meaning such a ship has such low flux cap that it's shields become useless, especially when it then reduces flux capacity and reduces shield efficiency, making it that much more fragile while nuking it's OP advantage. (With the new system for building it in, it still tanks your op, because it converts capacitors to vents.)

In other words, in exchange for making yourself even more vulnerable and tanking your OP, you get faster system recharge and dissipation... And maybe range, because it increases range up to a cap, and you can just instead get the integrated targetting system.
I prefer the other systems. Particularly shields.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30