Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30

Author Topic: [0.97a] Volkov Industrial Conglomerate 1.6.3  (Read 399196 times)

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Volkov Industrial Conglomerate 1.5.8a
« Reply #330 on: June 15, 2023, 04:54:46 PM »

Getting a CTD on game launch with the following printed to log with 0.96, even when trying to use the backwards compatible version of MagicLib.

Code
24773 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.scripts.weapons.vic_gaganaOnHit]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.scripts.weapons.vic_gaganaOnHit]
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: data.scripts.weapons.vic_gaganaOnHit
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:179)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)
... 2 more

Would appreciate help with this if someone knows of a temporary workaround at the moment, but in the absence of one I'll wait for a proper update.
Thanks for all your hard work, Astarat and PureTilt.

I only started playing Starsector recently and have been using VIC almost the entire time, only to find out today it was at least in part why the game was crashing when I was looking at certain hull mods, guess I'll need to remove it until a proper update comes out.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 15, 2023, 07:58:59 PM »

Yeah, unfortunately any .95x mods that haven't been recompiled for the new tooltip API will crash if they used particularly complex hullmod tooltips or whatnot, and VIC used a lot of them. You can still avoid it if you're careful, but it can be annoying.

YukitoOnline

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 15, 2023, 10:22:35 PM »

The work continues, so here are some spoilers for the upcoming stuff.

Excited for the next update.

Damexius

• Ensign
  • Work on progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 16, 2023, 04:40:37 AM »

Yeah, unfortunately any .95x mods that haven't been recompiled for the new tooltip API will crash if they used particularly complex hullmod tooltips or whatnot, and VIC used a lot of them. You can still avoid it if you're careful, but it can be annoying.

Yes it's so annoying

w00d

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 16, 2023, 06:14:15 PM »

/bump and hoping for update and fixes

Bulletkin

• Ensign
  • Now it's into the void, now me girls and me boys~
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 02, 2023, 03:59:27 PM »

I'm extremely hyped for the update. Looking forward to trying out new content and getting back on my old favorite stolas shenanigans.
(your local Secrets of the Frontier fanboy)

...From Mother's hands, we go. We'll be sailing to the sun 'till the voyage is done, then we'll be sleeping in the cold below~

Damexius

• Ensign
  • Work on progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 02, 2023, 10:24:15 PM »

I'm extremely hyped for the update. Looking forward to trying out new content and getting back on my old favorite stolas shenanigans.

Me too I wonder what the update will be...

Astarat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 03, 2023, 02:20:15 AM »

The work continues, albeit slowly. Some wip stuff that's been made a couple of weeks ago.

https://youtu.be/Zbr4YeB1xVQ

Damexius

• Ensign
  • Work on progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 03, 2023, 04:37:19 AM »

The work continues, albeit slowly. Some wip stuff that's been made a couple of weeks ago.

https://youtu.be/Zbr4YeB1xVQ

The Company made the new pew pew YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ellyboo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 07, 2023, 10:50:51 AM »

I'm having trouble locating the mission (and presumably, the Stolas that's tied to it) in the latest version of the mod. Does it have any prerequisites to show up, or does it need to be specifically turned on in the configs, or is there a bug preventing it from showing up? I've tried popping open all the Comms directories in Empyrean, and got no dice there, and that seems the most logical place to find it.

justnewaccount3131

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 14, 2023, 06:15:04 PM »

is there any way to prevent the crash from hovering over a mod of this faction?

I know the update is in the works, and it looks great but meanwhile, I am just asking if there's anything I can do to at least stop this issue -- the only one I am having.

thanks!!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 06:39:57 PM by justnewaccount3131 »

Raxos149

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 14, 2023, 09:42:35 PM »

I apologize for any rudeness, but is there any idea when the next version of this will be out? I am intentionally waiting for this and the UAF mod to be updated again before experiencing the game after the latest core update. I love the Apollyon, the gameplay shaping mods, and the video of the latest capital so I am trying to hold myself off until it is available.

No rush though. Let this baby cook for as long as it needs. Stellaris, Division 2 and a bunch of Steam Games are doing a fine job holding me over.

Astarat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 15, 2023, 03:37:05 AM »

I'm having trouble locating the mission (and presumably, the Stolas that's tied to it) in the latest version of the mod. Does it have any prerequisites to show up, or does it need to be specifically turned on in the configs, or is there a bug preventing it from showing up? I've tried popping open all the Comms directories in Empyrean, and got no dice there, and that seems the most logical place to find it.
If you're talking about the ordinary Stolas, then you need to either salvage it from VIC fleets, or complete a mission in the main menu and then do a custom start which gives you the ship from the get go. If it's about the unique HVB version, then you need to check Luddic Church markets while having good relations with them.

is there any way to prevent the crash from hovering over a mod of this faction?

I know the update is in the works, and it looks great but meanwhile, I am just asking if there's anything I can do to at least stop this issue -- the only one I am having.

thanks!!
You can search for bootleg version in Discord Starsector servers, from what I know they have the issue fixed, iirc.
I apologize for any rudeness, but is there any idea when the next version of this will be out? I am intentionally waiting for this and the UAF mod to be updated again before experiencing the game after the latest core update. I love the Apollyon, the gameplay shaping mods, and the video of the latest capital so I am trying to hold myself off until it is available.

No rush though. Let this baby cook for as long as it needs. Stellaris, Division 2 and a bunch of Steam Games are doing a fine job holding me over.
No precise estimates, sorry. August seems to be the most realistic timeframe at the moment.

Dwagonzahn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 15, 2023, 02:25:45 PM »

Just wanted to say that I absolutely love piloting most of the warships (especially the Sturmdestroyers) in VIC, and a good number of the weapons are both creative and useful.
Hope to see such continued excellence when this updates for 0.96.

Raxos149

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 15, 2023, 03:41:37 PM »

[/quote]
No precise estimates, sorry. August seems to be the most realistic timeframe at the moment.
[/quote]

Fantastic. I look forward to what new fun you will bring us.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30